Eternity

Golden Eyes

Wisps of warm glowing sunlight slowly rose from behind the tall pine trees fading into the grey dreary sky taking up the entire space of the wall of a window, the orangey sunlight reflected on to the hardwood floor at my feet slowly inching closer and closer as the dim light rose higher until the light bathed my exposed skin in its glow. My milky, snow white skin shimmered under the suns light before disappearing into the overcast the glow disappearing along with my shimmer. I sighed crossing my arms I hadn’t missed a single sunset or sunrise since my transformation I did miss the ability to sleep more than anything from my human life. My favorite part of this afterlife was I had the chance to live out the rest of existence with the man death stole from me so long ago. Arms wound around my waist I turned to see two bright honey eyes peer into mine. Speak of the devil…

“Good morning” Carlisle, my husband of more than 300 plus years, smiled I couldn’t help but to return it.

“Morning” I chimed turning into his chest he tucked my head under his chin in response and moved his hand up and down my arm. “Ready to go hunt?” he asked.

“Always.”

My eyes followed the doe’s every move. I could hear her heart thud in her chest steadily completely unaware of my presence as she unknowingly walked closer to me when she was in perfect reach I launched myself off of the tree limb I had been perched upon and tacked her to the ground before she could respond I had already began to feed from her neck and slowly her movements ceased. The warm blood slid down my throat leaving still a gnawing ache. I stood and looked at the deer in remorse I always felt guilty for ending a creature’s life but I would much rather end this deer’s than a humans. Carlisle and I had found we could survive off of animal blood instead of human and became known as “vegetarians”. I turned as I stood to see Carlisle waiting for me I laced my fingers with his and stared at the large diamond ring adorning my left ring finger and his white gold band adorning his smiling at the sight.

We returned home in matter of seconds and entered through the back sliding glass door to see our “children” preparing for school.
Through the years Carlisle and I had collected others to add to our family some Carlisle saved from an early death and others were already changed when we found them.

There was Alice a short petite girl with a brunette pixie cut and small button nose with the same glowing honey eyes as the rest of us. She had obtained the ability of seeing visions of the future along with her transformation, I had the ability to levitate but rarely used it. Her personality was very friendly and bubbly and an overall joy to be around. She was already a vampire when we found her along with her mate Jasper.

Jasper was tall and lean with wild blonde locks he usually kept slicked back. He was the shyer one of the group not having much to say. He like Alice had also obtained a gift; the ability to control emotion. Multiple scars lined his neck and the rest of his body summarizing his past before becoming part of our coven.

Rosalie stood beside him filing her nails. Rosalie was a picture perfect model with flowing golden waves that fell to her mid back sharp cheek bones that lay underneath her ghostly marble like skin we all shared. Perfect arched eyebrows accented her angel like face. All her beauty helped build the ego and pride she cherished so dearly even as a human. Even through her self centeredness I still loved her like a daughter none the less. Carlisle changed her when she a mere nineteen due to a horrible situation that still plagues her mind.

Her mate was the burly Emmett. His gift was his impeccable strength that showed through rippling muscle . Boyish cheeks and curly brown springs of hair gave him that image of a mischievous boy. He was the tallest of the group and the strongest. Emmett enjoyed joking around with others and was extremely competitive. Enjoying sports as much as any other boy does. Rosalie saved Emmett from a bear attack and brought him to Carlisle to be changed.

Lastly sitting by himself at the kitchen table was Edward. Edward was the first to be added to our family after my brother, William left to start a life with his coven in Alaska. Thick bronze hair adorned his head with a strong jaw setting his face. Edward had processed the power to read minds which at times was quite bothersome. Carlisle saved Edward from Spanish Influenza many years ago. The one thing that broke my heart about Edward was he was the only one in the house who didn’t have a mate. He didn’t seem to let it bother him but deep down I know it did.
Since my body was frozen in time, along with everyone else, my mind was trapped in my 21 year old body. It was impossible for me to ever have children so we took these five under our wing as our “adoptive children.” To the humans around us Carlisle and I were both head doctors at Forks hospital and the “children” that were adopted after finding I couldn’t bear children, which was true, went to school at Forks high school. The perfect family..

I excused myself from my family and went upstairs back to mine and Carlisle’s bedroom stripping out of my clothes I jumped in the shower to begin getting ready for the day. The boiling water washed along my icy skin causing a shiver to erupt along my spine. I wrapped a fluffy towel around me and stepped out of the steamy glass cubical. My ghostly radiant skin blended in with the stark snow white towel my honey orbs contrasting along with my dark mane. I was perfect. I was perfect and I hated it. I hadn’t changed since 1666. Not at all.

I ran a comb through my hair and blew it dry before walking back into the bedroom to find an outfit already laid out on the bed for me. I shook my head chuckling Alice and Rosalie did this every morning both fashionistas in their own aspect. I dressed and pinned half my hair back before descending the stairs. Carlisle was talking with Edward and Jasper on the couch while Rosalie twirled pieces of hair around her finger to curl them in the mirror and Alice skipped down from the kitchen towards me.

“Eliana you look so-“she gushed before stopping her face going blank her eyes slightly wider than usual. She was having a vision.

“Alice” I placed gripped both her arms. Everyone was staring at her now. Her eyes danced slightly before she blinked and smiled widely.

“A new girl is starting school today” she chimed “Isabella Swan. Chief Swans daughter. We’re going to be great friends.” She beamed.
I glanced at Carlisle quickly. We were nice to humans of course but becoming friends with them was unusual, it was just simply too risky.

“Alice..” I sighed

“Oh don’t worry! We won’t hurt her!” she assured me before grabbing her bag and skipping out the door.

“Rose” I whispered causing the blonde to stop

“Ill keep an eye on them”

I nodded my thanks as she left stress and worry lacing my mind as they left. I rubbed my temples with my fingers and sighed.

“Don’t worry Eliana. They’re strong .” Carlisle reassured me.

“I know I’m just worried about them as usual. I know they have control I just… Always expect the worst.”

“Always a protective mother” Carlisle smiled kissing my forehead “We better go before we’re late” I nodded and followed him to the garage. He climbed in the drivers seat and I in the passenger.

Trees were soon zooming past us and worry still filled my head pondering different possibilities of this Isabella Swan. Ice enveloped my hand and I looked to see Carlisle giving me a worried expression. I gave him a small smile as he brought my hand to his lips. I took the time to actually soak in his features. Frozen in his 23 year old body white blonde hair was gelled back showing off his flawless face once ocean blue eyes were the golden yellow.

I followed Carlisle to his office and put my purse in his bottom drawer before grabbing my lab coat from the coat rack and slipped it on as did Carlisle. After being here two years Carlisle had made his way to chief doctor while I turned down many promotions to stay in pediatrics. I pulled my hair out of the collar and was met with soft cold lips as I turned. I returned the kiss softly placing a hand on his cheek .

“I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too. Forever until Eternity.”

He smiled at my response and its significance between the two of us and pecked my lips once more before we both departed to our respectable wings.

The day like every other went my fast full of runny noses and broken bones and soon its was six o’clock and my shift had ended but I still had one more appointment. I knocked on the door softly and opened it peering inside. I saw the little boy of about five sitting in the hospital bed making him appear even smaller than he really was. His pale face was speckled with vibrant brown freckles and he wore a John Cena ball cape on his bare head.

“Hello Gabe” I smiled. He tore his large blue orbs from the tv screen and looked at me.

“ELI!” he screamed happily.

“Hey buddy” I smiled giving a nod to his parents both having exhaustion aging them by decades.

“Go get some food guys I got him.” I smiled at them both they nodded and shuffled out. I grabbed what I needed from the cabinet as he told me about the wrestling match he had just recently watched.

“And- and then John Cena did the “You can’t see me” like this!” he said quickly shaking his hand infront of his face. I giggled as I pulled the gloves over my hands and organized the equipment on the tray. I sat on the stool and turned towards him.

“Alright bud you ready?” I asked preparing for the routine blood work my little cancer warrior went through everyday. He nodded I tied off the top of his babby fat arm and looked at him.

“Do you want to start?” I asked swabbing an alcohol soaked cotton ball over his ar

“No you! You have a pretty voice” I laughed.

“Ok then” I mused finding a vein easily.

“My child arrived just the other day he came to the world in the usual way, but there were planes to catch and bills to pay.” I sang

“He learned to walk while I was away” Gabe chimed in smiling broadly.

“And he was talking before I knew it and as he grew”

“He said I’m gonna be like you, Dad, You know I’m gonna be like you"

I smiled as I took a deep unnecessary breath and we both started as the needle entered his skin

“And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin home, dad, I don’t know when,
But we'll get together then, Son,
You know we'll have a good time then” I quickly filled his five test tubes of blood before we finished the chorus.

“Great job bud. What flavor ice cream do you want today?”

“Chocolate!” He beamed I nodded and kissed his forehead before walking to the door where his mother was leaning with a smoking cup of coffee in her hand.

“How is he?” she asked

“He’s in good spirits which is good and his labs came back and the chemo is working it just might take a little longer for him to recover fully since we can only give him the radiation in small doses. “

“You’re so good with him.” She said staring at her son through the door “Those kids are lucky to have you.” She smiled at me which I returned.

“Well its my job and I love it! Call me if you need anything ok?” she smiled tiredly and nodded before entering her sons room. I turned to see Carlisle leaning against the wall waiting for me. He knew I always saved Gabe for last. He pushed himself off the wall and laced his fingers with mine and we made way to his office.

“Abby will you have some chocolate ice cream sent to room J5” I asked as I passed she nodded her heavily mascaraed eyes stalking Carlisle’s every move before scurrying away.
Moments later we arrived and gathered our belongings before walking out to the parking lot.

“How was your day?” Carlisle asked wrapping an arm around me I snuggled closer.

“Same as always. You?”

“Nothing new to report.” He smiled down at me.

I smiled when my phone rang I dug through my purse fishing it out seeing Alice’s name flash across the screen.

“Alice?”

“Its Edward! He found his singer!”

Both Carlisle and I paused he having heard what was said and stared at each other in shock.

“Who?” I asked

“Bella Swan”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and rate!!
If you comment I'll post a new chapter sooner!