Eternity

Game On

My fingers danced effortlessly across the keys a somber fast melody echoing through the room. The regal dark sound was all to familiar to me but to modern ears a medieval unheard of mystery. Today had been consisted of me remenisicing on the forgotten memories my story telling had brought back to me. Today I had off from work leaving me alone with nothing but space and silence to keep my company. I smiled softley remembering the day Gabriella taught me this song. Oh, how I missed her. I picked up speed the melody becoming more sinister as venom began to form behind my closed eyes. Hands were placed over mine following thier movements perfectly.

"What's bothering you my darling?" his voice was soft and caring.

"Just thinking" I murmered leaning back into his frame as I continued to play.

"About?" Carlisle pressed.

"Memories."

He hummed softly and pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth. He moved to sit beside me and began playing with me. Our fingers delicatley danced over each other. It didn't take Carlisle long to become distracted as his fingers ran smothley up my hand to my arm his cold lips met the frigid skin of my neck. I giggled softly as I continued to play and his lips continued to run across my jaw.

I heard the cars of the others pull into the driveway as Carlisle sighed dropping his head to my shoulder. I chuckled and kissed his cheek tenderly as Alice bounced into the room.

"There's a thunderstorm in a couple hours!" She beamed brightly.

"Yeah and you know what that means?" Emmett smirked from beside her.

"Of course" I smiled thinking of how long it had been since we had a baseball game "but what about the three nomads?"

"They should be in Canada in an hour." Alice assured me.

Carlisle turned to me his eyes asking for my approval.

"It's your call" I sighed.

"We'll meet in the cleaing in an hour" he said standing.

"I'm bringing Bella as well" Edward said from the doorway.

"Make it an hour and a half just to be safe"

Everyone scattered to what they wanted for the hour and half. I stood and stretched my muscles aching at the sudden change.

I searched through the drawers of the dresser looking for my baseball clothes and sighed in aggrivation as I sorted through drawers again.

"Having trouble?" Carlisle chuckled seeing the disaray of lingerie and clothes spilling out of the drawers.

I sighed heavily "Yes"

He gathered me in his arms and held me "Come here" I followed him to the closetm as he opened the door and we walked in he kneeled down and pulled out a perfectly folded stack of clothes.

I stared in complete awe at my husband as he handed me my clothes and kissed me tenderely. I changed into the tight navy blue pants with a solid white stripe growing up both sides a long sleve white tshirt and my jersey. I loosley braided my hair to the side and pulled the baseball cap down.

"Eliana!! Ana!! Mom!! Come on!" I heard Emmett yell from outside. I smiled and dashed outside meeting the others other than Edward, who had gone to get Bella.

We all climbed in the Hummer, Emmett's latest purchase, and drove to the clearing.

Carlisle and Rosalie decided who was up to bat first and Rose won just as Bella and Edward walked up.

"Hello Bella" I smiled.

"Hi Eliana" She smiled back.

"Now all you got to do is call 'em like you see 'em deal?" She nodded.

"She thinks we cheat" Emmett chuckled.

"Oh I know you cheat" I smile at him

"Oh please you're the most competitive of us all and you like to levitate the ball and throw us off" Emmett chided holding his palm upward and wiggling his fingers in moke.

Rosalie began a few practice swings and I walked to the hummer to retreive my gloves

"Want to make this interesting?" Carlisle whispered behind me.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Loser gives winner a massage later tonight" he whispered nibbling at my ear I giggled and pulled myself flush against him ghosting my lips over his I pulled away slightly as he leaned further in. I smiled and pushed him playfully away.

"Game on."

The game began with Rosalie up to bat I crouched down into catchers position. Rose plowed the bat into the ball as it flew our of sight the contact creating a glass shattering bang.

"Now I see why you need the thunder" Bella mumbled "but that's got to be a home run right"

I shook my head softly "Edwards very fast"

As if on cue Edwaed appeared at the edge of the wood as Rose rounded third base he threw the baseball and it connected with my palm as I fluidly pressed it to Rose's leg as she slid to home base. We both looked up at Bella who held a shell shocked look on her face "urm you're out"

Ross stood stiffly glaring at Bella as Emmett and Edward celebrated. Jasper and Carlisle batted as well neither earning a point. Jasper took the spot of catcher and I stood to bat. I swung effortlessly and the ball connected creating a bloodcurdling crack as lightning illuminated the sky.

I smiled as it disappeared and took off in a run just as I reached second base I paused in my tracks the blowing wind sending an unfamiliar scent to me. Vampires. Alice froze and met my eyes.

"Stop!" She yelled catching everyone's attention. "They were leaving but then they heard us."

"I've for to get you out of here" Edward said grabbing Bella's hand.

"No" Carlisle shook his head "its too late"

We all turned to the forest Carlisle beginning to walk forward the rest following as Edward and Bella trailed at the back.

Thee silhoutes glidded out of the fog. Two men and a woman. The man in the middle was tall and lean with dark skin stretched over his muscle his hair reached end of his shoulder blades. The man to his left was pale with strawberry blonde hair slicked back into a ponytail his eyes barely slivers as he starred us down. The woman had fiery red hair that expanded out into frizzy curls. They all shared one common trait blood red eyes.

Pure protectiveness began to fuel me as I stepped more in front of my family.

" I believe this belongs to you" the dark man said tossing the ball in the air. I easily stopped the ball in the air and levitated it towards me allowing it to drop in my hand.

"Impressive. I'm Laurent and this is James and Victoria" the dark man said.

"I am Carlisle and this is my family" Carlisle spoke carefully. " your hunting activities" he trials "have caused somewhat of a mess for us."

Laurents head tilted to the side "our apologies we didn't not realize the territory had been claimed" this entire time James and Victoria's eyes scanned overs us.

" yes well we maintian a permanent residence nearby"

"Really?" The man asked in curiosity " we'll we won't be a bother anymore we're just passing through"

"The humans were tracking us but we lead then east you should be safe" Victoria in a cocky tone.

"We'll thanks for your concern but we've made it through the last few centuries I'm sure we can make do." I spat giving warning to my true age and expierence. Carlisle laced his fingers with mine in a warning.

"Could you use three more players?" Laurent asked. Carlisle looked reluctant. "Oh come on just one game"

Carlisle sighed heavily "sure. A few of us were leaving anyway. You can take their place."

" we bat first" i stared throwing the ball to them a little harder than I should have Victoria caught it.

" I'm the one with the wicked curve ball" she smirked.

"Oh I'm sure we can manage" jasper chuckled. Laurent clapped in glee i heard Edwards and Bella then to leave just as a soft breeze blew from behind us drifting her scent toward the nomads. They each froze James turning slowly.

"Hmm you brought a snack."

The Cullens formed wall blocking Bella from view Rose and Victoria stared at each other grimly i moved between them. Carlisle was crouched down before us all his arms spread out in a protective manner.

"The girls with us I think it's best you leave" Carlisle seethed.

Laurent bowed his head slightly " I see the game is over. We'll go now, James?"

They all three turned to leave. Slowly we all straightened back Carlisle turned to Edward.

"Get Bella out of here"

In a blink of an eye Edward had Bella at the jeep as the rest of us sped to the house. Each of us going to our respected rooms to change.

"This was the last thing I expected" I muttered tugging off my pants and exchanging them for denim.

"I never would have thought they would have turned back." Carlisle sighed "Its all my fault"

"It's not your fault" I mumbled shrugging out of my baseball top leaving my skin bare aside from the lacey bra "It's noone fault except for those filthy monsters" I grunted in disgust as I could still smellthe bitterly sweet smell of human blonde that had tainted thier scent linger on my clothes

"I take offense to that" a voice said. I turned back to see Laurent croutched on the balcony peering in at us. Carlisle stalked forward in a warning state.

Laurent raised his hands "Im just here to talk. Give some advice actually about James"

I eyes him wearily tugging on a top as I listened intently to his "advice" as we walked down stairs. Just as Edward and Bella had returned. Edward hissed menacingly croutching down.

"Wait! He came to warn us, about James" Carlisle said jumping between Carlisle and Laurent.

Laurent retold what he told Carlisle and I before leaving.

"I've had to fight our kind before. Not easy to kill" Jasper stated browsing through the cabnet of the garage.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up apart and burn the pieces" Emmett confirmed

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature even a sadistic one like James" Carlisle sighed.

"And what if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie snapped crossing her arms.

"Then consider it an honor to die for family" I said my tone low and straight forward.

"I'll run Bella south" Edward muttered his shacky hands shoving clothes and neccissities into a bag.

"No" I shook my head "James has already seen how protective you are of her. He know you'll never leave Bella, atleast not willingly. I'll drive Bella south."

"I'll go too Edward." Alice chimed

Edward nodded relunctantly.

"Rose switch clothes with Bella Alice give some of yours to Bella aswell. Hopefully the our scents together will outshadow Bella's." I instructed tossing Rose Bella's jacket and pulling one of my shirts over Bella's tanktop as Alice handed over a few articles of her clothing.

"Why should I? What is she to me?" Rose snarled tossing the shirt and coat aside.

"Rosalie, Bella is with Edward. She's a part of this family now.We protect our family." Carlisle stressed placing a hand over her shoulder. She chew the inside of her lip before marching off.

Bella climbed in the back of my Aston Martin One-77 after kissing Edward goodbye. I pulled the seat back into place and stood straight. Carlisle looked at me with sad, worried honey eyes before snaking his arm around me and pulling me close his left hand gripping the underside of my jaw gentley as he pressed his lips to mine. He kissed me with such a burning passion the burning gates of hell looked warm and inviting. He pulled away and carrassed my face.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too. Be safe." I whispered kissing his lips once more. I glanced over his shoulder " all of you be safe." Each gave me a curt nod. I slid gracefully into the leather seat and started the car Carlisle kneeled down nest to the window resting his arms on the top.

"Carae meae sum, et cara mea mihi est" he whispered I nodded softly before peeling out of the garage leaving my family starring at me from our home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments =Chapters!! Please let me know what you think!
outfit