Eternity

Worry

The steady hum of the road flying below the car filled the air mixing with the soft sound of Mumford and Sons. The two beams of light from the headlights sliced through the inky black with ease. I would of that Bella would of fallen asleep hours ago but she remaind awake staring at her fingers as she played with her ring nervously. In all honesty I was nervous too I hadn't heard from anyone since we left. Alice sat conflicted in her seat beside me fidgeting nervously on the leather. She wanted to make Bella feel better to make her smile, laugh or something but she also knew now wasn't the time.

"Elianna"

My golden eyes glanced up to see Bella's brown eyes illuminating softly from the glowing stereo.
"What was it that Carlisle told you? What did it mean?"

I smiled warmly moving my eyes back to the road as we rounded a sharp corner with ease. "I belong to my beloved and my beloved is mine. Its a verse from Song of Solomon."

"Oh." she nodded soflty before dropping her head and playing with her fingers yet again. Alice spun back in her chair glancing between the two of us.

"Now is as good a time as any for your story Eliana." Alice chimed Bella's eyes glanced back up at me expectantly. I sighed turning back to the road.

~*~*~*~
~" I was nervous. Never in my seventeen years of living had I felt my nerves bundle in the pit of my stomach so. The corset I dug into my skin forcing the skin to stretch over the bone painfully."

My breathing had become heavy and were coming in small gasps. As Anastashia Gabriella and I waited beofore the two doors. Two men in powdered wings and elaborate scarlett and gold trimming coats waitied for thier command. Gabriella grasped my hand in comfort giving me a small smile and nod.

"Pipe down Elianna. You sound like a pig in heat." Anastashia stewed glancing over her shoulder and back at me. I blushed deeply and looked down in embarrasment. Suddenly almost mechanicly the two men reached out and twisted the gold handle.

"Breath in chest out" Gabriella whispered. I did what she said and walked as gracefully as I could into the room. It was dark illuminated by the candles lining the walls and the ones that had been placed upon the table. In the glowing light I could make out the expensive fabric that covered the ground and the French painting that hung on the rich wall paper. Anastashia walked to the left side of the grand table as Grabriella directed me to the right as she followed. Mr. Smith soon made his appearance and took his place next to Anastashia.

Moments later the clicking of shoes echoed into the room. The others stood up swiftly and waited with a straight posture I soon followed. Another set of doors opened and in walked the dutchess.

She was regal in every sense of the word. Light blonde hair was placed high on her head not a hair out of place. Her face was smooth as fresh milk and honey. Her fair skin had been paled even further with powder illuminating her skin. Her eyes were the darkest, wisest blue resting beneath two perfectly shaped thin eyesbrows. A noble but petite Roman nose stood proudly from her featurs among high cheek bones which Anastashia had inheritated. A then line of scarlett contrasted with the ghostly white. Large gems and pearls hung from her ears and a streams of glittering stars laced her exposed neck. She was dressed in an off the shoulder black gown. Gabriella had mentioned she often wore black these days for mourning of her husband.

"Ahh Madame Estelle" Mr.Smith said standing up and approaching the Dutchess. She offered her hand which he took bowing his head and kissing it softly. "May I introduce Miss Elianna O'Connor."

The dutchess' eyes swayed over to me. I remained perfectly erect in posture as I courtsied slightly. She surveyed me stalking around me much like Anastashia had done earlier. The rosey fragrance invaded my nostrils as she stood behind my left shoulder.

"You're very beautiful, my dear." I could hear the smile in her voice and I felt my shoulders relax slightly.

"Thank you Madam" I whispered.

"Well lets not stand here with our tummy's grumbling everyone take a seat." Estelle instructed.

"I'm very glad you are pleased Madame." Mr.Smith nodded waddling to his seat.

"Beyond pleased." she smiled. "Back straight Elianna. Posture is everything in appearance. We don't need your beauty behind outshadowed by a hunchback do we?"

I blushed again nodding a yes and an apology before Estelle clapped her hands bringing forth the first course.

"Dinner went by rather smoothly and I found I enjoyed Madame Estelle's company. She was cheery and funloving but kept a firm hand over us girls, me especially. We started off slow beginning my education the next day."

"You will be taught arithmatic, Literature, gramatics, History of all of Europe, the arts, by a Mr.Roth and I personally will teach you, French and Italian. All the things you will need to know to make it through a social gathering of aristocracy." Estelle said stacking thick books one after another. We were standing in her husbands office as she spoke to me. I glanced through each book individually as Estell walked to the large leather chair and took a seat.

"Estelle" I asked peering back at her.
"Hmm"
"Why me? I know you could have easily picked any other girl from high backgrounds than mine."

She smiled softly. "My husband always wanted another child. I found after Anastashia I could bear no more children. My husband for the longest time begged me to take in a girl, but I denied. Then he died and I found myself more alone than ever. Anastashia will soon be married and gone and then what will I be left with? I wanted a country girl whom I could raise as my own using the same qualities my family has used for centuries."

"I can only hope I don't dissappoint." I said softly coming to sit in the armchair beside her. She offered me her pale hand which I took. She held it firmly giving me a small encouraging smile.

She patted my hand before standing. "Come" she smiled. " I have some welcoming presents for you."

I followed her upstairs to my room to finding long rectangle boxes placed neatly at the end of my bed. Estelle opened the first and I gasped four differnent silk night gowns trimmed with lace. A white, lilac, blue, soft grey, and pale pink all slid smoothly beneath my fingertips. Beneath all of the gowns was an elaborate, flowing robe with with an exotiqe floral pattern.

Estelle chuckled at my awe struck expression "My mother always said that though we may have our beauty sleep we must never stop dressing as such."

The next three boxes were dresses for special occasions and outings I had to look forward to.

"Thank you Estelle. They're beautiful."

~"I met Mr. Roth everyday starting after breakfast until supper and though I was grateful to the old man I soon grew tired of his pefection and often came up with fibs to delay our lessons."

"Miss Elianna Mr. Roth is downstairs." The knock echoed off of the room as the door opened Clarisse peeked through to see me still in bed.

I groaned throwing my arm over my eyes at the light pouring in from the window. My dark hair was thrown along the around on the silk pillowcase.

"Please Miss. Madame Estelle will not be pleased if you miss your lessons." she begged.

"Please Calrisse send both Mr. Roth and the Dutchess my apologies I'm not feeling well today."

"But-"
"Please I beg of you I feel faint and lightheaded I cannot come to lessons today."

She sighed and nodded before leaving. I sighed happily and threw myself back on the goose feather bed before falling back asleep. I awoke again around noon to music playing I pulled on my robe over my night gown and pulled my hair out of the neck. I stuck my head out of the door and to the hallway to see it barren. I followed the music down the hall to the sitting room of the second level and gently pushed it open. Gabriella was seated before a gleaming piano her fingers dancing over the keys with ease and percision. I stepped inside the threshold and closed the door causing Gabriella to look up at me.

"I thought you were sick" Gabriella teased. I chuckeld readjusted the robe around me as I sat walked to sit beside her.

"Sick being the correct word. Sick of Mr. Roth's lectures is more like it."

She laughed her fingers resuming to playing she turned to me. "Want to learn?"

~~

I stopped and glanced back at Bella seeing her head resting against a bag Alice had picked for her sound asleep. Alice glanced at me clearly being able to read my expression.

"I'm sure they're ok Elianna."

I sighed "No offense Alice, but last time I was worried sick over Carlisle and someone told me that he ended up being changed."

Alice gave me an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry Alice I just" I sighed raking my fingers through my curls " I just wish I knew if they were ok"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm disappointed in this chapter it did not turn out the way I planned.
Please comment!