Eternity

Selfish

My eyes snapped back open at the pressure on my shoulder. Carlisle looked at me concerned. The familiar sounds and smells of a hospital surrounding me. A smouldering cup of untouched steaming coffee occupied both our hands. Emmett, Jasper and Alice were seated in the stiff chairs Emmett with earbuds haning from his ears and Alice and Jasper were connected by their entwined hands.

"You alright?" he asked. I cleared my throat and nodded. Apparently at the studio I fainted or at least as close to fainting a vampire can sustain, lack of blood. Bella had been admitted to the hospital for her wounds and Carlisle had fabricated a believable story to explain them. Charlie was positioned in a chair on the opposite side of the room his arms crossed over his chest his head bobbing gently with each deep breath he took, sleeping restlessly. It was early morning barely five Charlie had arrived late last night after Bella had been admitted and everyone stayed in the waiting room taking individual turns to see her once she had become available to a normal room.

I grasped Carlisle's hand in mine and smiled softly rubbing my thumb over his hand softly. "I'm fine."

Suddenly loud, frantic yelling was heard from behind the main door.

"Bella! Isabella Swann!! Where is she!!" suddenly the doors swung open causing Charlie to jump at the sudden loud noise and close impact the door made close to his head. A petite woman with caramal curly hair that hung on her shoulders, large blue eyes and pale skin her eyes searched over everyone's face until she reached Charlie's. He stood shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Charlie! What the hell happened? Where is she?" Charlie opened his mouth to respond "I want to see her! I want to see her now! Bella! Bella?" I noticed Charlie roll is eyes in annoyance at the womans constant question and her interruptions of the answers she so desperatly wanted.

I stepped forward handing my coffee to Carlisle. Bella's mother ran her hand through her hair in a nervous habit her eyes glossing over as she took deep breaths to regain what little composure that remaind.

"Excuse me, I'm Dr. Elianna Cullen."

"Doctor? Are you Bella's doctor." she asked her voice rising.

I closed my eyes inwardly cursing myself forgetting the current situation "No I'm afraid not I-"

"Wait! Cullen, your Edward's sister.."

"Mother" I corrected.

"Oh of course. I'm Renee Dwyer. Bella's mother." she offered her hand and I took it noticing the goosebumps appear on her hand at the contact.

"If you'ld like I'll take you to see Bella?" I offered peering over her shoulder to see Charlie press his hands together in a silent thanks as he sat down.

"Oh" she sighed heavily "Yes! Thank you."

We began walking down the hallway and turned left.

"I'm sorry we have to meet on such circumstances." I threw out attempting to make conversation.

"What exactly happened do you know?"

"She was running down a flight of stairs and tripped ended up falling out a window." hearing the words come out of my own mouth were slightly unbelieveable.

"Oh my poor baby" she whispered.

"I should tell you now. Edward has refused to leave her side since she has been admitted to a room. But if you would like your alone time with Bella I'm sure I could convince him to take a break for a while." we had reached Bella's door and as Renee peeked in seeing Edward "asleep" on the nearby couch.

"Oh no he's fine. It so thoughtful for him to stay, all of you really. You've raised a great young man."

I smiled broadly "Thank you. We are very proud of him."

She smiled "You should be. Well thank you and your family for everything! I'm sure we'll be seeing much more of each other in the future?" Her eyebrow curved slightly in question.

I breathed a soft laugh and nodded "Yes of couse. The way these two are crazy about each other? It wont be long before we hear wedding bells."

Renee's smiled before entering the room and closing the door behind her. I made my way back to the waiting room. To see everyone as I had left them Carlisle and Charlie talking casually. Carlisle smiled pulling me into his side and handing me my coffee. I took a sip for affect and fought back a cringe as the dirt plauged my mouth.

"I think" Carlisle said peering down at me rubbing a hand up and down my arm affectionatly "I'm going to take them back to the hotel to rest and eat. We'll be back soon."

Charlie furrowed his eyebrows in question "What about you boy, Edward?"

Carlisle chuckled "I don't think he will be leaving Bella's side anytime soon."

Charlie nodded standing up with a deeply disturbed look on his face at the fact Edward held so much interest for his daughter. He shook Carlisle's hand out of respect as Alice, Jasper and Emmett stood playing off a yawn and stretch to play off the role.

~*~

"You scared me"

I looked up to see Carlisle staring at me intently. His golden eyes fixed on me.

"I thought I'ld lost you again." he reached out and grabbed hold of my hand. I smiled at the intwined fingers.

"Funny how death and I always seem to meet on the same path." I sighed sitting up from his lap the bed sinking under my weight as I sat on my knees before tucking my ankles beneath them. "but have you learned nothing Carlisle Cullen. Its going to take a lot more than some tracker to kill me."

He pulled me closer to him enveloping me into a hug. I breathed in deep buring my head into the crook of his neck. I felt his fingers gently, almost like whisps of wind, pull back my hair to reveal the healing cracks that flawed my complexion. They had turned a deep purple blending in with my hairline and proceeding dangeously close to my eye. His fingers barely skimmed the broken marble before he pressed his cool lips to it.

"I don't want to ever have to see you like that again" he mumbled into my hair.

"I've had centuries of happiness. Would I be sad to see it end, perhaps. But Edward, my Edward has not seen happiness in a long time. Its his time now" I sighed closing my eyes again. "It's his time to be happy. And I'll do what ever I have to do to make happen. He deserves it."

"I won't deny that. But do I not deserve Eternity with the one whom I chose as a wife?" his lips skimmed over the exposed flesh of my throat.

"Why Doctor Cullen" I giggled. "This is awfully selfish of you."

"Then selfish I should be called. But I remember on our wedding day I distinctly remember saying till death do us part and that my darling is something I will honor. I also vowed to protect you. Funny how those things coinside."

"You are something else entirely Mr. Cullen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and I will post more chapters!
As I said before I'm combining all four movies/books into this one story and I know I, along with others, enjoy the flashbacks of Elianna's former life. My only dilemma is trying to mapout how I can layout the story telling throughout so both stories end at around the same time. Please bare with me as I work out these problems and please comment and let me know what you think!