Status: 'Tis the season (almost-but that's good enough)

The Magic of Macy's

Naughty List.

I stormed passed Sebastian, radiating fumes of anger. He hadn’t moved from his spot, still slurping on coffee.

“Come to tell me ‘it never happened’ again?” He smirked. I glared, chewing furiously on my lip until I could taste blood.

“He’s here.” I growled, “He’s fucking here.”

Sebastian furrowed his light brows, “I thought he was coming tomorrow?”

“Well, tricks on me because he fucking standing outside that door,” I pointed with a shaky finger, “with a stupid smirk and those maddening eyes! I’m going to go punch him in the face.” I made to make good on my word, but Sebastian hooked my arm before I could do any damage.

“I don’t think so.” He shook his head, “He’s an ass for ditching you like he did, but don’t give him the benefit of your anger and a lawsuit. Stay here,” He commanded, “I’ll go talk to the dick.”

I started to protest but Sebastian had made up his mind. Sometimes he could be an overbearing, protective brother. And sometimes I needed him to be.

After five minutes of shuffling anxiously around the break room, I realized that Sebastian wasn’t going to come back. He had only said that to give me time to cool down. Well, it didn’t work. I was only filled with more fury.

I was met with emptiness outside the break room. No Niall, no Sebastian, no nothing. Maybe he had taken Niall away. I didn’t want to think about it. For the first time in the history of my stint at Macy’s, I gratefully got back to work.

M F C


“Lucy-goosy!” A high pitched voice whined. For a moment I thought it was a child who needed to get punched in the head, but it was another wretched member of One Direction (who needed to get punched in the head).

“Louis?” I shouldn’t have been surprised to see him, though I had been dodging the foreigners since Niall caught my scent this morning.

A large, ecstatic smile covered his thin lips. His bright blues gleamed like he had never been so happy to see someone in his life. Louis locked his arms around me before I had time to react. I struggled to unleash myself from his death grip.

He pouted dramatically once I won. “What’s wrong, Luce? Don’t cha miss me? Nice outfit by the way.” Louis snickered.

I rolled my eyes as a small girl in pigtails tugged on the bag of my elf skirt. “What?” I demanded forcefully at the bright face.

“Mr. Combs said you were an elf from the North Pole.” She twirled around in her Christmas themed jumper. I barely resisted the urge to slap Louis when he howled with laughter.

“Did he now?” I asked through clenched teeth. “Well, you can go tell Mr. Combs to kiss my—”

“Lucile!” Yet another voice interrupted. Curly haired Harry Styles forced his arms around me just like Louis had, and I stood there, my face void of emotion.

“Hey, Haz,” Louis scolded lightly, “Lucy the Elf was just telling this girl to kiss her arse. Don’t interrupt like that.”

“What’s an ‘arse’?” The little girl squeaked.

“Language.” Harry shook his curly mop. “Elves aren’t allowed to use that sort of vernacular.”

“Make no mistake,” I hissed, “Elf or not, I will kill both of you.” I faced the bewildered girl. “What do you want?”

“Could you tell Santa something for me?” Her big brown eyes got even wider.

“Sure,” I sighed. Ralph would have a good laugh at whatever this walking booger-mine had to say.

“I want a customized American Girl Dolly. With the special Christmas outfit and pink tea party dress.” She grinned.

“Yeah, sure,” I waved her off, going back to adjusting the ornaments on one of the thousands of Christmas trees Dick brought in.

“Merry Christmas!” She announced to my companions and me.

I rolled my eyes, “Merry fucking Christmas.” The girl gasped.

“What’s your name?” I asked suddenly, an evil though occurred to me.

“Bethany.” She whispered.

“Bethany.” I muttered, “Yeah, I thought so. You’re on the naughty list.”

The girl screamed and ran off in tears.

Jesus, Lucy,” Louis gaped, “We remembered you were a Grinch, but that was a little—”

“Harsh?” Harry offered. “Cruel? Inhumane? Cold?”

“Bitchy.” Louis finished.

“Cool,” I clapped the residue from the tree that covered my hands off and glared at the two boys. “Why don’t you go tell someone who gives a fuck?”

I stormed off, furious at everything and anyone. Bethany was probably scarred for life and I couldn’t care. What was wrong with me?

“Lucy, I’ve been looking all over for you.”

That was what was wrong with me: Niall Horan.

I didn’t think twice. My hand connected with a cringing smack and I kept moving onward, leaving three bewildered boys and a devastated child in my wake.

My outbreak didn’t go unnoticed by many; Dick included. I found myself pulled aside and scolded for what I had said to a five year-old-girl, and abusing a celebrity.

“You should consider yourself lucky that no one is filing charges!” Dick exclaimed angrily.

“That’s me,” I muttered sarcastically, “Lucky Lucy.”

Dick shook his head. Disappointment covered his face. “I don’t understand why you’re acting like this. I don’t want to fire you, Lucy, but if you keep this up, I’m not going to have a choice. You’ve had too many complaints, especially in the past few weeks. This is Christmas, Lucy. Where’s your super, duper Macy’s spirit?”

I puffed out a breath of annoyance.

“I quit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates and this chapter is sucky and short. I needed to get back into the swing of things. I'm not really sure where this is going but I got the idea so I'm just going with the flow.
I saw The Hobbit last night. Good flick. I didn't think it was as good as The Lord of the Rings but I hope with the next two movies it gets there! I watched The Fellowship of the Ring and I wrote this. In case you were wondering.
Feedback is much appreciated!!