Say Something

Six

A/N: Posted chapter three early this morning and 4-6 just now so make sure you go back and read them all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Claude and Gwen talked every day but had not seen each other for two weeks. Between commitments of his and commitments of hers, they just had not had a chance to see each other. On a warm, late March afternoon, Claude swung by Zoe’s office to catch Gwen. It was an off day and they did not have a game for three days.

“Hey,” Claude said as he entered the office.”Wasn't expecting you out here,” he said to Zoe.

She smiled at Claude. “Gwen had to leave early so I’m covering out here. I really need to hire a receptionist.”

“Is she sick?” Zoe shook her head no. “Is she okay?”

“She’s fine, Claude. She just had to go.”

Claude looked at Zoe and leaned against the desk. “What aren’t you telling me?”

"You know what I know.”

“You’re lying to me. I’ll call Danny and get him to make you tell me.”

“I know nothing, Claude.”

“Fine, you know nothing. You eat yet?”

~*~*~


Claude called Gwen after leaving lunch with Zoe. She answered on the third ring out of breath. “Hello?”

“Hey, its me.”

“Hey Claude. I only have a minute...”

“I just wanted to see if I could take you to Zoe’s party tomorrow night. I mean, I know you’ll be there, I just thought we could go together?”

“That’s sweet. Of course you can.”

“I’ll pick up at 6?”

“Sure.” A muffled voice yelled for Gwen in the background. “I have to go, Claude. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She hung up before Claude could say another word.

The next night, Claude pulled into the parking lot of Gwen’s building and eased into a parking space. He cut the engine and stepped out of the car, crossing the parking lot and entering her building. He knocked at the door and it flew open.

“Uh, hi?” Claude managed, staring down at a tiny spitting image of Gwen. Okay, maybe not tiny. She was ten-ish if Claude had to guess but she looked almost exactly like Gwen. Same red hair except hers was straight and her eyes were brown instead of green.

“Mom!” she hollered, leaving Claude gaping at the door. “Your date is here.”

Gwen stepped into the entry way, her eyes wide. “Hey.”

“Hey.”

“Soo....” Gwen trailed off and took a breath, exhaling slowly as she counted to ten in her mind. “Olivia,” she called out. “Can you please come here?”

Claude heard the girl let out an exasperated sigh but she appeared moments later and stood beside Gwen. “Olivia, this is Claude. Claude, this is my daughter Olivia.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short....just wanted to drop the bombshell on ya. :) Thoughts/Comments?