Reckless & Relentless

Same Day In & Out

The group had been at the bar for almost three hours now, and Cassie had spent the majority of that time talking to Phil. But, she was beginning to tire of the bar scene; it was full of loud, obnoxious guys that kept hitting on her, despite the fact that she was quite obviously talking to a guy, and they could not seem to take a hint.

Finally, after about the fourth guy, Cassie was done. "Hey, do you want to get out of here?" she asked Phil. "It's really noisy in here, and I'm starting to get a headache."

Phil let out a sigh, relief crossing his face. The only reason he'd even come was because Austin had practically begged him to go. "Thank God. I thought you'd never ask," Phil said with a chuckle, and a small smile curved Cassie's lips upward.

They both stood up, and Phil followed Cassie over to the rest of their group, who had claimed a booth in the corner. Cassie pushed Katelynn over, and slid into the booth next to her, with Phil following suite on the other side. "Katie, I think Phil and I are going to head out. We're both bored," Cassie told Katelynn, who nodded.

"Alright, I guess. I'll see you in three days, right? We need to talk about touring," Katelynn said to the younger woman, who nodded. "Get out of here, kids." She made shooing motions with her hands, but there was a smile on Katelynn's face, softening her words.

Cassie slid back out of the booth, and Phil followed, offering her his hand to lead the short girl out of the crowded bar, which Cassie accepted. Phil pulled her to the edge of the crowd, but didn't let go of her hand as they walked out of the bar, and attempted to hail a cab. Finally, one stopped in front of them and the pair slid into the vehicle.

Cassie told the cab driver her address, then turned to Phil. "You head back to your house and then come back here. I don't want you to be stranded here tonight," she told him, and Phil nodded. He'd wanted to go back to his place anyways, change into something more comfortable. Cassie payed the cab driver quickly, and then leaned over, kissing Phil's cheek quickly. "See you in a bit."

Image


An hour later, and Phil was driving back to Cassie's house, pulling into her driveway. He had changed into a pair of basketball shorts and some random shirt he'd found in his closet. Phil walked up to the house once he shut off the car, and knocked on the door. He only waited for a moment before Cassie threw open the door, smiling widely at him. She, too, had changed, and was now wearing gray sweatpants and an Avenged Sevenfold shirt.

"Hey, Phil," she said, still smiling as she let him into the house. Phil could smell popcorn, and he asked her about it. "Yep. I made popcorn. Figured we could watch a movie or something?" When she said that, Cassie looked down, a blush creeping across her cheeks.

Phil smiled, and wrapped an arm around Cassie's shoulders. "That sounds like a great idea," he told her, and Cassie looked up at him, a tiny smile pulling at her lips.

Cassie stepped out from under Phil's arm, but laced her fingers through his, pulling him into the living room then pushing him in the direction of the couch. "I'll grab the popcorn. You want anything to drink?" Cassie asked Phil, who told her anything would be fine.

A moment later, Cassie returned, juggling a giant purple bowl of popcorn and two cans of Pepsi. Phil jumped up, hurrying over and grabbing the two sodas from Cassie, who smiled gratefully at him. They sat down together on the couch, and Cassie grabbed a blanket off the back of it, pulling it over their legs and setting the popcorn bowl between them.

Phil couldn't resist the urge to put his arm around Cassie; it was just too strong, and she was right. There. As she clicked through the movies on Netflix, he cautiously wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling the slender girl a little closer to him. Cassie didn't resist, instead welcomed it; she leaned against Phil's side and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Horror or comedy?" Cassie asked.

Phil thought for a moment before he decided. "Horror."

"Cheesy or scary?"

"Oh, come on. Scary!"

Cassie laughed, and snuggled a little closer to Phil. He was rather warm, she decided, and Cassie had gotten butterflies in her tummy when Phil had wrapped his arm around her. For some reason, there wasn't any awkwardness between them; they'd seemed to have gotten over that almost immediately with their awkward first encounter.

"Woman In Black or Sinister?"

"Woman In Black. I haven't seen it yet," Phil replied, and Cassie nodded, clicking play on the movie. As the movie started, a tiny ginger and white kitten jumped up on the couch, and climbed up into Cassie's lap, before settling in between Cassie and Phil.

Cassie giggled, and scratched the top of the cat's head. "Hi, Tango," she cooed, and the kitten squeaked out a happy meow. The cat had curled up in the dip between Cassie and Phil's thighs, facing the TV and watching it intently.

Within the first half hour of the movie, Cassie had her face buried into Phil's chest. Every time she would look up, something scary would happen, and she would curl up right back against Phil, who thought it was fairly entertaining.

As the movie came to an end, Phil began to laugh, and ran a hand through Cassie's black hair. "It's over, hon," he said, and Cassie shuddered as she pulled away from Phil. Tango, who had jumped down about forty five minutes before, now jumped back onto the couch and pranced across Cassie to flop on Phil's legs.

Phil laughed at the stricken expression on Cassie's face. "I am never letting you pick a movie again," she declared, and Phil laughed again.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad."

"No. It was bad. Did you hear that bitch shrieking? I'm going to be hearing that all night!" Cassie ranted, much to Phil's entertainment. "And, all those fucking creepy little kids? Yeah, they're going to come get me in my sleep. And what was up with the ending?"

"Hey, Sinister is scarier," Phil replied, and Cassie grumbled something unintelligible. "What was that?"

When Cassie looked up, she noticed just how close her face was to Phil's. As in, just an inch away. His brown eyes met her blue orbs, and then the distance between them was closed as Phil pressed his lips softly to Cassie's. Her hands moved up to cup his cheeks, as one of his hands touched her neck softly, the other resting on her waist.

After what seemed like forever, Phil pulled away from Cassie, blushing furiously. "Sorry," he mumbled, looking anywhere but at her. Cassie giggled, blushing as well, and reached out to tilt his face back towards hers, kissing Phil softly again.

"Nothing to be sorry for," Cassie whispered back, as their eyes locked again. She watched as Phil's blush faded, and then his arms snaked around her waist, pulling her into his chest. Cassie snuggled into him, and heard Phil chuckle softly as he leaned back into the couch, pulling her into his lap.

Phil let go of Cassie with one arm, and pulled the blanket back over them. "Good," he replied, and kissed Cassie again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cassie; Home
Tango

Special shout out to umbra mortis for the amazing banner! :D
Thank you to everyone else who's commented/recommended!