Andley:

Ashley's POV

Ben walked over to Jake and brushed the hair off of Jake’s forehead. Next to me I noticed Jinxx tensed up and narrowed his eyes as if he was convinced that Ben was going to harm Jake. But why would he even begin to think something like that when Ben was clearly being nothing but gentle. Or was Jinxx being just a tad overprotective? A nurse walked into the room and seemed a bit surprised by the number of people crammed into the room.
“I’m sorry but we’re gonna have to ask you all to leave now visiting hours are over,” she said sounding genuinely apologetic. “ But you can come back first thing tomorrow morning if you want. Security got rid of the excessive amount of people in the lobby so you should be able to make it out.” I managed a half smile at that no doubt the excessive amount of people would be back in the morning. I wouldn’t be surprised if they camped out or if all the nearby hotels, inns, and motels were all full. I could tell that Jinxx really didn’t want to leave Jake here. I knew that if he didn’t have to leave and Jake couldn’t leave a tsunami wouldn’t be enough to convince him to go. We got back on the bus but as our driver started to go to his seat up front Jinxx pulled him back.
“What exactly do you think you’re doing?” He demanded angrily. I was too shocked to move. I had never seen Jinxx get mad at anyone or so much as raise his voice before but to be getting physical was an overreaction.
“II was gonna drive the bus to your hotel,” our poor driver answered nervously. Jinxx may not be very big or muscular but even I was concerned for the driver’s safety.
“We’re not going to any fucking hotel!! We are staying here!!” He shouted almost at the top of his lungs.
“Jinxx,” I started.
“But I’m hungry!” CC whined.
“If you’re so fucking hungry go walk yourself to the nearest fucking all you can eat buffet,” Jinxx sneered whirling on CC furiously. “That is if you can find an all you can eat buffet that has enough food to feed you” CC’s big brown eyes grew wide and he glanced nervously at me taking a step back.
“JINXX!!” I snapped “Enough is enough!!”
“Oh shut your trap Ashley you can’t fucking boss me around like I’m a little kid,” Jinxx growled turning on me with fury blazing in his eyes but more than that there was pain and confusion. Normally that would’ve pissed me off but this was so out of character for Jinxx I knew that he didn’t actually mean anything he had just said.
“Jinxx you need to relax. CC has a point about being hungry we haven’t eaten since lunch and it’s almost 11. Also you never told um um I’m sorry what’s your name?” I asked turning to our silent driver.
“Jack,” he supplied grateful that I was straightening out and cooling down the situation.
“You never told Jack that you were planning on having us stay here how was he supposed to know?” I asked Jinxx gently. By this time he had calmed down and was looking quite ashamed of his actions.
“You’re right Ash I-I’m really sorry I didn’t mean what I s-said about you bossing me around,” he mumbled staring at his shoes and refusing to meet anyone’s eyes. “I’m really sorry CC and Jack I-I overreacted.” Jack nodded and walked back to the front of the bus. Jinxx was still looking plenty ashamed and staring at the ground, CC eyed him for a second then went up and playfully punched Jinxx in the shoulder.
“Aw it’s alright man I understand you’re just concerned about Jake and not wanting him to feel abandoned. But no worries man if you tell him that you needed to feed me I’m sure he’ll understand. But about that having to find a buffet that has enough food to feed me...,” CC trailed off clearly wanting to mess with Jake a bit.
“Yeah man I...,” Jake started but was cut off when CC held up his hand and continued the rest of his sentence.
“You should really check where we are man we’re in the South. As in THE GOLDEN CORRAL!!!! They ALWAYS have enough food!!” CC exclaimed excited about the prospect of eating all the food he could ever want. Jinxx certainly look thoroughly relieved and we all chuckled about it before going into the living room.
“Hey have you guys seen Andy since we got back,” I had just realizing that Andy hadn’t been present throughout the argument.
♠ ♠ ♠
My arms better YAY!!