Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

This is the Start

I pulled up to my new house in a beat-up old car I'd gotten for sixteenth birthday. I can't believe it. I was actually here, buying my best friend's old house. I got out of the car and went to open the trunk to unpack my suitcases. Mikey had already helped me move in the furniture ever since he asked me to take his house for him. Hadn't they lived here for years? Well, I couldn't blame it. It wouldn't have been the same since Gerard died.

As soon as I opened the trunk, I heard the door swing open. "Faye!" Mikey called, running towards me. He threw his arms around me, giving me a huge hug.

"Miiiiikey!" I said with a grin. I had known this boy for years. I used to live across the street from him a while back, so we had gone to the same school. However, I was quite a few years younger. I remember Gerard would have to babysit Mikey and me all the time. "How are you?"

He smiled. "I'm alright. Glad to get out of here though. I don't think I could stand living in this place."

"Nobody found how he died?"

"No, nobody's really sure... He was wounded and bleeding, so they assume that he bled to death, but we couldn't pinpoint anything," he said, sadly.

"I'm sorry, Mike..." I said, frowning too.

"But it's OK!" he said. "You're moving in... so I know you'll take care of the place." I smiled and nodded. "Want me to help you out?" I nodded again. "OK, well, we have you down in Gee's old room, right?"

"Yup, down in the basement... just how I like it."

"OK, well, just be aware, it still looks the same as it was since he... you know..."

"Yeah. I promise, I won't move anything, at least not right away."

Mikey nodded. "OK, come here, I'll get your bag."

He took one of my bags, and I took the other. He helped me move it down to the room in the basement. "Well, uhm, here you go, I mean, I'll be back all the time to check in, you know?"

I laughed. "Sure thing, Mikes, you go back to Alicia, OK?"

He nodded. "Yeah I should." He gave me a hug, we exchanged our goodbyes, and he was gone. I threw my coat on the floor and walked into the room. It was clean... Suddenly, it got colder. I shivered, but I looked around. I looked at the old paper weight with the bat in it that Gerard had down there. I reached for it, and went to grab it, but then it happened.

"Don't touch that."