Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Insanity Runs Deep in the Company That I Keep

Insanity runs deep in everyone but me
My padded walls you call my eyes
My dreams that you call my lies
Around my wrists my shackles lay
razor blades and cocaine to pass the time away...


I remembered reading that somewhere in a book, but I didn't exactly remember where I had seen it, but god it fit this situation all too well.

My eyes woke up, and everything was blurred for a second or two. My arm stung badly from where I had felt the needle stuck in my arm. I looked to my arm now, and it was bruised so badly the skin had turned people. I groaned and sat up, my head ached. I could half-see my reflection in the plexiglass wall in front of me. My eyes were red and puffy, and my eyeliner was smeared. I wished Gerard was here... I wanted to see him... He would make everything better, at least for a little while.

I was laying on the floor, but I didn't want to move. I couldn't... my whole body ached. I was in a hospital gown and a pair of matching cotton... pants, whatever they were. I never spent too much time in hospitals. I hated them... I got up and rubbed my eyes, sniffling a little, and I sat down on the dingy little cot on the other side of the room. I couldn't bring myself to move from there. My feet felt OK, but my legs were weak. Everytime I stood up, I felt dizzy.

My eyes were starting to water again, and I could tell because it burned when the tears fell. I couldn't imagine that I would ever be in a place like this. I wasn't crazy... I knew that I wasn't...

Or was I?

I was starting to doubt my sanity, which was sad because I had been confident that I was totally sane up until I moved into Mikey's old house, and I knew I wasn't crazy because Gerard felt so real... He was real... He was real to me, anyway.

"Where are you, Gee?" I asked quietly to myself. "I miss you..." A tear fell out of my eye, but I wiped the rest on my sleeve to keep them from burning my eyes anymore than they did.

"Who is Gee?" I heard a voice from across the corrider.

He was in the next cell over. I looked over and saw a boy about my age with medium length, completely straight black hair. He had brown eyes and semi-tan skin.

"He... he's my boyfriend..." I said, stuttering a little bit.

"Oh," he said, looking at the ground behind his own plexiglass walls. He looked back at me. "Is he around... 5'10"? Medium-length black hair, kinda messy? He's pale, wears a lot of black, right?"

I was shocked. "Uhm... yeah, actually, he is..." I didn't get it. "But how'd you...?"

"I can see them too," he said, smiling. "I'm Gunner."

"Faye," I replied. "Nice to meet you."

"To you as well," he said. "But anyway, your boyfriend... he seemed like a nice guy."

"Yeah, he is."

"Well, I talked to him for a little bit... cause you were passed out, and he can't pass through plexiglass... Ghosts can't for some reason. Anyway, we talked for a little while, but then the doctors came by, and he got spooked by the needle, so he left."

I nodded. "Sounds about right... he hates needles."

"So, Faye, what brings you here?" he asked me, still leaning up against his own plexiglass wall.

"I tried to tell my friend somethings his family wanted him to know... he thought I was playing a really cruel joke and his friends called the psyche ward..." I sighed. How I wish they knew what I had already been through.

"My mom thinks I'm crazy. Told her that her grandfather was sorry for yelling at her for the pillow, and she put me in here..." Gunner gave a shrug.

"Well, I'm not sure how long I'm going to be here, but I feel like this is the start of a beautiful friendship, Gunner."

He nodded and grinned.

It was so great not to feel alone anymore, but I still wanted my sweet, sweet Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't feel like cleaning, so i decided to update twice today!