Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Without You There's No Change

My nights and days are grey
If I reached out and touched the rain
It just wouldn't feel the same
Without you, I'd be lost
I'd slip down from the top
I'd slide down so low
Girl you'd never, never know.


It was raining outside today. I couldn't see it. I could hear it crashing down though, right onto my ceiling. In fact, there was a leak. I watched it drop for the past hour or so. It fell in a rhythmic pattern. Drip... Drop... Drip... Drop. It fell in the same spot... over and over and over again. I was so alone... and I was so bored... had I really resorted to watching rain fall on the floor? Oh, why oh why?

Why me?

I felt so lonely here without Gerard. Why couldn't he be here with me? That was all I really wanted. I looked over to the cell across from me. Gunner was still sleeping. I groaned and rolled onto my back. The bruise on my arm was a yellow-green color now, so I guess it was healing.

I never thought I'd say it, but I missed having all those ghosts around. They gave me some kind of excitement, well, the nice ones did. Then again, the plexiglass walls kept the bads one out... which I liked. I just wish they wouldn't keep my Gerard out. I hated this.

I kept staring at the dripping water until I heard a tap on the plexiglass. I looked up, and he was there. I screambled over to the glass. "Gee!" I said, quiet enough not to wake anybody as I ran over to the glass and pressed my hands against it. I could feel the cold from his prescence in the room. It made my breath fog up the glass. I had to wipe the fog marks away so I could see Gerard's face. I smile, and he smiled back at me.

"You have no idea how badly I want to be in there with you..." he said, putting his hands where mine were. I could only imagine feeling them.

"I know, Gee. I want you in here too..."

I saw Gunner get up from the corner of my eye.

"You know, there's a way to get out of there..." he said.

Gerard and I bother looked at him, intrigued.

"I used to be in that cell. There's a loose ceiling tile. That's why they moved me over here. They were going to fix it, but they never got around to it, so it's still in there... but I wouldn't try it right now. Do it at night, they're crawling all over the place."

Gerard nodded. "Thanks, man... we're gonna have to try that..."

Faye smiled. "Yeah... thanks a lot."

"I promise, I'll come back for you, Faye," Gerard said, and I nodded. I knew that he would.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you, too," he said, and he began to walk away.

It was so hard watching him leave and not being able to kiss him...

"Aw, how cute," Gunner said teasingly.

"Shut up," I said, blushing and smiling.

He shook his head. "The tile... It's second row, 14 square from the back of the room."

I looked up. It was right above my bed. I smirked.

This would work out splendidly.