Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Regardless of Warnings the Future Doesn't Scare Me

We reappeared in the house, standing in the middle of the living room. He pulled me in close and tight and kissed me. I slipped my arms around his neck and kissed him too. When we finally broke, I felt like I could almost cry just looking at him. "I missed you so much," I told him.

"I know, but you're out, and that's all that matters," he said to me, still holding me close. I rested my head against his chest. It was hard to believe that he was a ghost. He felt so real, and warm and human to me...

I nodded. "And I'm never gonna go back... because I'm not crazy."

"No, you aren't," Gerard said sweelty. "And even you were, I wouldn't care."

"Well, that's one person..." I said, laughing under my breath. I looked down at my close and my nose crinkled up as I realized I was still wearing those hospital clothes. "Can I go change?"

Gerard laughed and nodded. "Yeah, get comfy... Then... we can lay together and talk until we fall asleep," he said, walking over to the fridge. I saw him reach and pull out the bread and grab a few slices. All he really did was nibble on the bread... just plain bread... how strange.

No matter, I walked up to my bedroom and I started to changed my clothes. I stripped myself of the hospital clothes, of all the itchy cotton that smelled like antiseptic and latex and more importantly, my sweat, which was gross in it's own entirety. I pulled on a black tanktop and a pair of Led Zeppelin lounge pants that were actually made for a guy. You tell by the boxer-esque look of the top. Just as I sat back on the bed, I felt Gerard appear beside me. He took me in his arms, and we laid down together. I held onto his arms as one of his hands stroked my hair. "Aren't you a red-head, Faye?" he asked me, looking at my dyed black hair.

"Yeah, why?" I asked him.

"You should go back," he told me. "You look so pale with dark hair... red hair would make you look so pretty," Gerard whispered in my ear, his face very close to mine. I could feel his warm breath trailing down my neck.

I smiled. "Fine... I'll let the dye fade out... happy?"

"Very," he said, and he kissed me softly on the lips. I moved a hand and slid it through his hair.

"It's getting long..." I told him, and he nodded. "It's like... to your shoulders now," I said, laughing a little. That struck an idea. "Hold on," I told him and ran over to the dresser. I pulled a pair of scissors from my dresser. Sure, they were dull, but they would have to do. I walked back to the bed and he laughed.

"What are you doing?" He sat up and I sat behind him.

"I'm going to cut your hair," I said, and I started snipping away at his black locks. Chunks of black hair fell and dropped onto the bed sheets. I watched them fall one by one, and it took about an hour until Gerard's hair was fluffy and thin like it had been when I first met him down in the basement the day I moved in. I scruffed it around. I laughed and Gerard craned his neck to look in the mirror.

"Hey, it's not too bad actually," he said, turning around and pulling me onto his lap so he could kiss me again. He pulled away and looked into my eyes. "Faye..." I looked back into his eyes. "I love more than I have ever loved anybody in my life."

I leaned and held him tight. He knew what I meant, I could tell by the way he gently laid us back onto the mattress, still holding me tight. "Hey, Gee?"

"Yeah, Faye?"

"Don't ever leave me." I buried my face into his shoulder, feeling his soft skin.

"I'll never leave you," he said. "I'm never gonna leave you."

And that was how we fell asleep, in each others' arms.