Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Five Years Dead

For the next week and a half, I couldn't be in a room by myself. Whenever I was by myself, I felt like there was something touching me or breathing on me. I always kept my closet door closed. It scared me.

One day, I tried laying on my bed, even though I was scared. I just wanted to try and convince myself that nothing was trying to get me.

But something did happen.

I felt as if something was laying on top of me, but my eyes were clenched shut. I refused to look. It wouldn't let me move. I felt like I was spinning. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't focus or see anything. I couldn't even breathe. Old memories and feelings felt as though they were being spun in front of me on a wheel. Suddenly, I became shockingly apathetic towards the memories, and I still couldn't breathe.

Then, it ended.

I just laid there for a second in shock, and then I cried and cried. I got up and went to Gerard's room. He wasn't there, but I laid down in his bed sheets, and it made me feel better. The next day, I tried it again.

The same thing happened, but afterwards, I started laughing... but then I cried again. My closet door was opening and closing repeatedly on its own, but I was too scared by other things to really take notice to it. I stopped crying or laughing at the door and just stared. "KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF!" I screamed, and it kept going. "GODDAMN YOU, WHATEVER THE HELL YOU ARE!" I screamed again. It wouldn't stop. "FUCK YOU!"

At this point, Gunner ran in, threw the door open and looked around just as the closet stopped moving. "What the hell just happened?"

"The closet door was moving..."

He looked at me and the closet. I knew he believed me, but I think he didn't want to. "You're just having nightmares, don't worry about it..."

Today, I didn't know what to do. I refused to sleep without Gerard or Gunner with me. I wouldn't keep the closet open either. I was so scared something would be in it when I opened my eyes. I had been jumpy and jittery ever since the closet incident. I didn't want to be alone, but I desperately needed a shower. Gerard promised me that he would wait outside the door until I was done, and if something came in, he and Gunner would be able to sense it. I would have too, but my mind was already jumbled up. Gerard would be able to because well... he was a ghost. Gunner had been able to see ghosts far longer than I could. He just knew how to handle it better.

I stood naked in the shower, my pale skin drenched by the hot water spraying out. I washed the remains of shampoo out of my hair when I noticed something on my arm. I brought my arms down to my face and examined them in horror. They were completely scratched up from the wrist to my elbow on both sides of my arms. I saw in the reflection of the mirror that my entire back was scratched up.

As shocked as I was, I decided that I wouldn't tell Gerard. I didn't want him to freak out. I turned the water from the shower off. I grabbed a towel off the rack and wrapped it around my dripping body. I went to look in the mirror when I saw the room behind me become engulfed in shadows. My breath came out in the air, and I could see it. Suddenly, I felt a clammy, pale hand rest it's long, boney fingers on my shoulder. I shivered.

"We want you, Faye."

I heard several sources of heavy breathing from around the room, but I couldn't see anything at all. Then, I heard several different voices coming from around the room, but I couldn't see them.

"Knock it the fuck off!" a deep voice echoed.

"Goddamn you, whoever the hell you are!" a screechy voice yelled.

"Fuck you!" a mixture of three different voices bellowed.

"Just remember it, beautiful girl," the pale, boney hand's owner said, breathing down my neck. "We need you."

Then, the shadows disappeared and everything got warm again. I fell the ground, causing quite a sound. Gerard knocked on the door. "Faye? Faye? Are you alright?" he asked me.

I nodded, then realizing he couldn't hear me. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine..." I lied.

He must not have believed me, since he walked through the door anyway. He knelt down beside me. "Are ghosts still bothering you? I could feel it..."

I nodded and remained silent. He looked at my arm.

"Faye? Did you do this?"

I shook my head, and I stared absent-mindedly at the tiled floor. Gerard sighed and helped me back up, but I felt unattached and distracted. I couldn't look at Gunner, and I couldn't look at anyone. As soon as Gerard had brought me back to his room and changed me into one of his really, really big t-shirts, he laid me down and I fell asleep again.