Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Tick Tick Tick BOOM

Mikey and I were sitting against the wall. I couldn't tell you how scared we were of that crash. What was the sound? What had happened in there? Now, I regretted running. Oh god, I hoped they were OK.

I held Mikey's hand nervously. He knew it was strictly nerves, not that we had feelings for each other, but we really just good friends. And we were both really scared. "Mikey?" I asked him.

"What?" he said. He sounded just as scared as I was.

"Do you think they're OK?"

Mikey thought for a moment, and he nodded. "Gee's not as stupid as he seems. He'll twist his way out of this mess."

I smiled when I heard that. "Yeah, you're right."

"You really love him don't you?" Mikey asked me, suddenly sounding quite serious.

I nodded. "I really do..."

"Good luck with him," Mikey said.

"Thanks. It means a lot," I said, smiling.

That was when we heard foot steps running down the hallway. "Mikey!" he said. "Faye!"

Mikey and I both jumped to our feet. "Gerard!" I yelled excitedly and ran over to him. He took me in his arms and spun me around once. He held me tight, and Gunner walked over to Mikey. They started talking, but I was too busy talking to Gerard.

"Oh, Faye, thank god, you're alright," he said, stroking his hand through my wavy hair, one still wrapped around me.

"I was worried for you too," I said, my head buried in his chest. I felt so safe there.

"OK, lovebirds," Gunner said. "Let's blow this joint."

Gerard and I both nodded. That was when Synyster Gates came running down. "Hey guys," he said. "I just wanted to say goodbye."

"You're not coming with us?" I asked. "Cause it's totally OK if you do. We still have an extra room in the house..."

He shook his head. "No, I need to hold down the fort here."

"You know..." Gunner said. "I'm feeling it might be best if we just got rid of the place."

Syn sighed. "Yeah, I figured you would say that, but that's OK. It might be better off if I go with the other guys..."

I nodded. "Well, that's OK. If you ever want to come back, you know where to find us."

With that, we started walking out. I didn't want to leave Syn behind like this. I knew if we destroyed the place while he was still inside, he would die like his friends.

Gunner drew a triangle outside the castle. He kept chanting in latin. Lights grew up around us, and we were gone, but before we left, I could only hear four noises.

Tick, tick, tick...

Boom.