Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Into the Darkness of Your Thoughts

Gunner said he could sense some major paranormal activity going on inside of the mall. Gerard was getting some negative ghost vibes, and well, I was getting a weird feeling which I used to think was just upset stomach, but I guess it had something to do with ghosts?

Since we obviously couldn't get in through the front where the police were, we decided to go around to the back. The mall wasn't in lock-down,and there weren't any police inside. There was probably just a spooked customer, so they evacuated the building and had to let the crowd die down before they could get inside to check things out. Then again, I knew they wouldn't find anything. They couldn't see ghosts, right?

Gunner told me that he felt it coming from Delia's, which was probably my favorite store. I would have to keep myself from shopping while I tried to fight off whatever evil was lurking beyond the best store in the entire mall.

Gerard kept trying to run off to the Hot Topic, which was right across the walkway from Delia's. "You can go later," I said. "We have ghosts to fight."

Gerard seemed disappointed but nodded. "Fine..."

As I walked through, I saw this weird black pigeon. It was completely black, and well, it was freaking me out. It kept staring at me as I walked, but when I looked back, it was gone. I looked in front of me and the water fountain was completely black. It was spewing black liquid. Gunner saw me stop, so he grabbed my arm and kept me going. "I see it tootoo, but we need to keep going, Faye." I nodded and just went with him, even if this was really freaking me out. I felt sick to my stomach being in here.

Gunner, Gerard and I stood inside Delia's. It was just radiating paranormal...ness, whatever it was. Gunner knew more ghost terms than I did. I would have to learn a couple off of him eventually.

As we stood there in the store, I felt my stomach churning and my heart racing. There was a shadow in the room, and it kept moving. One minute, it was behind the counter. Another, it was in front of the t-shirts. The next, it was just gone.

Gunner looked around and let go of my arm. Gerard took my hand, knowing I was scared. "SHOW YOURSELF!" Gunner yelled, walking by tables and racks of clothes.

Gerard and I walked hand in hand behind Gunner. There was menacing laughter coming from all over the room. I felt sick.

Just then, all the clothes flew off the shelves and came straight at us. A few pairs of skinny jeans smacked Gunner in the face. I got knocked to the ground by a table of sweatshirts, and Gerard was hanging from the ceiling by a necklace. "Greeeeat," he said, crossing his arms as he just dangled there.

I pushed myself up and climbed up on a table. I took the necklace from around his neck and got him down.

I heard the cash register's bell go off. I could hear plastic jewelry clicking together. I started breathing heavily. Gerard put his arms around me and held me tight, but he walked me forward at the same time.

Gunner was looking around from the center of the room. He stood up on the table. "SHOW YOURSELF YOU GHOST BITCH!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Suddenly, something leapt at him and knocked him off the table. I screamed bloody murder as I saw Gunner started punching the shit out of it. I wanted to know who it was. Was it someone I knew?

It moved so fast. I could only see flashes of yellow, orange and red as it moved. Clothes were flying as the ghost and Gunner fought. I could feel my stomach doing flips as we stood there and Gunner struggled against this quick-moving ghost.

Gunner climbed back on a table, but the ghost came from behind and knocked him off again. My throat started to burn as I watched, and I just couldn't help but feel like I was about to throw up.

Gunner reached into his pocket and pulled out a cross he had strung on a gold chain. He started screaming in latin, and by the time he had repeated himself twice, the ghost completely froze and dropped to the ground.

And then I threw up, a lot. I was throwing up so violently that I had to go behind the check-out counter so Gerard and Gunner didn't have to watch. It didn't matter though, since they were too busy inspecting the ghost. When I figured I had nothing left to vomit, I came out and walked over to the ghost.

"...Hayley Williams?" I asked, looking at the ghost. It was completely still. I figured it was gone. It's feet were slowly starting to disappear into the air, falling apart like a burned piece of paper. I watched as the last ounce of multi-colored hair disappeared, and that was when we made it out of there, and fast, but not before the police found us.

"We saw the security cameras," they said. We nodded. "We would like to thank you for getting rid of that ghost, or... whatever it was."

I grinned. "Uh... yeah?" Gunner shook the police officer's hand.

"Can we get your names?" one of the officers asked.

"Gunner Hudson," Gunner said calmly.

"Farrah Williams," I said with a smile.

"Farrah?" Gerard said, confused.

"Faye is just my nickname," I explained, but also stated to the cop.

They nodded. "Thanks." He clicked the pen and put it back in his pocket. "Would you mind get a picture for the press?"

Gunner and I looked at each other and shook our heads.

"Great," the policeman said and led us out the doors to the press.

Gunner and I posed together, smiling for the cameras. His arm was around me. Gerard was next to us, but nobody else could see him.

Once we managed to talk to everyone, the mall decided to thank us all as well. I got free clothes from Delia's, and Gunner got free clothes from Hot Topic (which he also shared with Gerard, of course).

So we went to the mall to buy clothes, fought the ghost of Hayley Williams, and then left with free clothes? Man,I had to do this more often.