Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Why Can I See You?

That was such a great question. Why could I see Gerard? Was he coming back to torture me? Was he trying to cause me severe agony and irritation like he used to when we were younger? Or did he actually have some sort of unfinished business here like all the rest of those stupid ghost stories always said? I doubted that big time. He was probably just going to just give me some stupid answer and tell me to make him a sandwich again. That was not going to happen. I refused to be enslaved to a ghost. That had to be the lowest of all lows.

So, I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV, mindlessly channel surfing until I managed to find "That Thing You Do" playing on TV Land, which was weird, since the movie wasn't that old. It was one of my favorites. I loved Liv Tyler, and her father was amazing too. Great entertainers, the both of them. I hummed along to the song they sang, the only song that really ever played through the whole movie.

"Ugh, how can you stand this? This song is so annoying."

I looked over and nearly fell off the couch. Gerard had appeared next to me. "I've only been here three days, Gee, and you're driving me up a frickin' wall, here." I glared him.

He tried to grab the remote from me. "Give it here, I wanna watch something worth my time." I shook my head. He looked angry. All at once, he tackled me off the couch and grabbed the remote. "Thanks, now I'm watching FUSE. I want to see my beautiful face on TV."

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs into Mikey's old room, which was where I found myself staying now, thanks to Gerard haunting his room and not wanting me in it. I looked around at all the posters I put up.

"Iron Maiden? The Misfits? Black Flag? Cool," Gerard said, appearing behind me.

I jumped. "Will you cut it out!?"

He grinned. "Sorry, you're just so cute when you're scared." His voice was almost sarcastic.

I shook my head and sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed. Gerard continued to look around. "OK, so you're not as lame as used to think you were." He pushed himself up until he was sitting on top of the desk I had against the wall. "How old are you again?"

"Nineteen," I replied. I had my arms crossed.

"Will you lighten up? You're really getting to be no fun, swee--" He cut himself off, realizing what he had almost just said. He was smart enough not to continue.

I nodded and walked over to him. I patted him on the head. "Good boy."

"I'm not a dog!" he said, acting insulted.

"Who said?" I asked him, not expecting an answer. I took a sharpie out of pocket and dropped it on the ground. I pointed to it. "Fetch," I commanded.

He just looked annoyed now. "Of all people to move in here... it had to be you."

I smirked. "Of course," I said. "I have to shopping and get some food in here." I got off the bed and went to leave the room, but before I left, I turned around and looked back at Gerard. "I would suggest you lay off the junk food, Gerard. Being fat in the afterlife won't be fun," I said, giving him smirk before leaving him there.

Oh, this might become fun, I thought to myself.