Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Unrequited Love Kills

I woke up in pain again.

Tossing the sheets from my cool skin, I turned over to read the clock. It read twelve noon. Why was I sleeping this late? I didn't really understand what in the world was going on, so I figured that I was probably sick or something. It had been a little while, and I couldn't explain my symptoms, so I decided that I would have to go sooner or later.

"Gerard?" I called out, groaning slightly as I sat myself up a little. I started going through possible illnesses in my head. What if it was cancer? Oh god, I hoped not. Maybe the flu? That sounded a little better. Then again, there was also the option for mono, which still didn't sound very fun at all. It just happened to explain my massive amounts of fatigue.

He came right next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. "Are you OK, baby?" he asked me, quite concerned. He knew for the past few days that I really hadn't been feeling very well. On top of being sick, Gunner had never come back, but Gerard never really knew exactly why that was. I had lied and told him that I didn't know either.

"I don't know, Gee. I think I'm gonna go to the doctor..." I said. He nodded in agreement.

"That's probably a good idea," he said. "How long has it been? About a month?"

I nodded. "What do you think it is?" he asked me.

"Mono, I hope..." I said.

"Yeah," Gee said in agreement. "Let's just hope it's not serious."

I smiled and nodded, feeling a bit reassured that Gerard was worried for me. "You wanna come with?"

He smiled. "Of course I do," Gerard replied to me, rubbing my back in comfort.

Next thing I knew, I was driving the car down to the local hospital. Luckily, it was all that crowded, which was strange for Newark, but nonetheless, it was still empty. We sat in the waiting room, waiting for a doctor to come in and call my name. I felt so incredibly scared. Gerard sat with me and held my shaking hands the whole time. Then, it happened.

"Farrah Williams?"