Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Taking Back the Life You Stole

I stopped dead in my tracks and lost my reath for a moment.

Only did my eyes start to fill with tears when I saw the blood spill from Eliza's neck. Eliza dropped to the ground lifelessly, and Gerard's eyes widened. His mouth was covered by his hands as he dropped the knife, letting it fall beside Eliza's body.

"Oh my god," he said, staring at Eliza's body. don't think he was comprehending what was really going on.

"No!" I yelled, sobbing.

"Faye?" Gerard asked, turning to me. "What's wrong baby? Did I--" He looked down at his hands. His fingers were starting to disappear. "Oh... Oh god..." he stammered, gulping.

I saw his eyes shaking, growing moist as he looked back up at me. Tears were streaming down my face. I didn't know quite how to react. We stared at each other, tears streaming down our faces now. I ran towards him and hugged him. He held me for a second, but I fell through him. I hit the ground with a thud and a whimper. "Please, Gee, please don't go..."

Gerard watched me sadly as I scrambled to my feet. "I'm so sorry, Faye..."

My lips quivered. "Gee, you can't... You can't go!" I said.

He shook his head and stepped back as I tried to grab his hand as my own passed right through him. His body grew transluscent. I could see through him... but he still looked colorful and full of life. Why was this happened?

I stepped quickly over Eliza and the puddle of blood surrounding her, running for Gerard who kept backing away from me. "Don't this to me, Gerard!' I said, sobbing. "Please!"

He smiled through the tears streaming down his face. "Faye... Don't ever forget me."

I shook my head. "I won't because you're going to be here! You're going to stay with me! You said you would never leave me!" I yelled. The wind whipped around me and Gerard's fading figure.

"Please don't cry baby," he said, stepping onto the ledge of the roof, and I still watched him. I walked over him. "I hate it when you cry..."

I hated not being able to touch him. All I wanted him to do was hold me in his arms and to never let go. "Gerard, please! I would die to be with you! I'll kill myself if that's what it takes!"

He shooked his head slowly. "Don't do that, hon... Somebody else will take care of you. You're so young... you have so much left ahead of you... Somebody else will come along... and I'm sure they'll take care of you..." he said, trying to smile at me, but he was sad too. "Just don't forget about me."

"I'll never forget you, Gerard... never," I said and I reached for him again, but my arms went right through him.

"Goodbye, my love," he said and began to lift his foot from the roof.

"NO!" I yelled. "Gerard, don't say goodbye! Don't leave me!" I was frantic. I was ready to follow him.

He smiled at me. "I love you so much..." he took a step back onto the air, but when his foot found nothing to step upon, he started to go backwards. He went down, and he was going fast, but I could see the smile on his face and the tears in his eyes as he fell, and he was gone before he even hit the ground.

"NO!" I screamed. "NO!" My eyes were filled with tears. I was upset and furious all at the same time. I kicked Eliza in the side and her lifeless body twitched. I walked over to Gunner, my eyes burning and wet at the same time. "This... is... all... your... fault..." I said through my clenched teeth. I stood face to face with who I thought had been my best friend.

He tried to hug me. "It's OK, baby--"

"I am NOT your BABY!" I screamed, and I pushed him. Gunner stumbled backwards... right off the edge of the roof. I was so shocked by what I had done, I couldn't watch him. I heard his body crash into a car, and the car alarm sounded loudly. I didn't know what to do.

Meanwhile, I could hear people chattering from the street, sirens blaring and cars stopping to see what was going on.