Sister, I'm Feeling Pretty Safe, Dead in a Home-Made Grave

Hey, Hey, You, You, I don't Like your... Boyfriend

I parked my car outside the stadium and pulled the backstage pass Patrick had given me from my pocket. I was glad Gerard hadn't decided to steal it from me or something because I wouldn't have put it past him to do something like that. Gerard seemed to hate the idea of me being with Patrick, and that confused me. Why was he mad about it? A real friend would have wanted me to be happy. Maybe he just wasn't a real friend...

Excitedly grinning, I walked towards the door that would take me to the backstage area. I was so excited. I would finally be able to get in and talk to Patrick alone, and since Gerard promised that he wasn't coming, that would mean I'd have Patrick all to myself. This was how I had wanted it since I met the guy, and... so what if we had a little fling over the summer when I was a roadie? It was in the past and now that I was totally legal, we might actually be able to do something. The idea made me all happy inside.

I walked up to the door and knocked on it. A fierce, large man opened the door. "You got a pass?"

I nodded and showed it to him. He nodded and opened the door to let me in. I walked into the back where there must have been a thousand five-hundred girls swarming the area. I looked around, I didn't really know where to go, and thankfully, I didn't have to wander around through the crowd because Patrick found me.

"Faye!" he called, pushed through the crowd of raving girls who were all screaming as he walked toward me. Only when he took my hand did they finally shut up. Then agin, it wasn't too much better, since they were all staring at me like they wanted to kill me. "Don't mind them," he told me. "Here, come on," Patrick said, leading me, still holding my hand. I nodded and followed almost obediantly.

He took me into the dressing room. "OK, now we'll be safe in here." He gave me a grin, and I grinned back.

"It's been so long..." I said.

"Maybe a bit too long?"

We were standing in front of one of the mirror, and he smiled at me a few times. Our faces grew closer by the minute, but then, Pete came in,

"Yo, Pat," he said.

"Hey, Pete," Pat said with a small smile, although U didn't really think he meant it.

"The tech's need you out there for a sound check, man." Pete was reapplying his eyeliner.

"Oh yeah!" he said, taking my hand once again to pull me out. "You can come too, Faye."

I just went with him again. As soon as we hit the air near the stage, I felt really cold. I was standing next to a whole bunch of equipment, along with Pete's bass and a medium-sized amplifier.

I was just watching Patrick to a sound check when I felt someone push me from behind and knock me into all the equipment, sending it into a domino effect. It all toppled on top of each other. The bass let out a loud, off-key noise, sending the amplifier into a frenzy. Before I knew it, the bass exploded and everything caught fire. I was so shocked, I couldn't move.

"Oh my god!" I heard Andy, Pete, Joe and Patrick all yell in unison as they rushed over to the flaming equipment. They all looked at me angrily.

"Guys, I'm so, so, sorr-"

"Just go," Patrick said. I could hear anger in his voice. "Just... go..."

I nodded and began to walk out. By the door, I saw a pair of sun glasses... Black sunglasses big enough to take up your whole face. It was then that I knew, but I was angry...

I ran through the parking lot, got into the front seat of my car and began to sob.