Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Close Call

I never really liked the desert like area on the outskirts of Las Vegas. The wind is starting to pick up and the dust and sand is getting everywhere.

“So you friend is really protective of you isn’t she?” I hear Zacky from the back of the jeep.

“Layla is one of my only friends I have left. She has helped me though so much, and if I didn’t meet her I would have been dead a long time ago.” I say looking deep into the desert.

“Wow she is a really good friend then.” Zacky says. The ride out to the truck seems to take up the entire day. Johnny and Jimmy had to shoot a few zombies, but nothing too bad. Ruby had all her attention on the open dessert. I can tell her senses were on top alert.
Another hour into the journey we came close to the truck, a typical 18 wheeler.

“Alright guys we are gonna take this slow, Brian, Johnny stay with the truck.” Matt said. The guys nodded and I hoped out of the truck with Ruby close behind me. I followed Matt, Zacky and Jimmy as we get closer to the truck Ruby starts whimpering.

“What is it girl?” I ask petting her to sooth her. I see her start shaking her head as if to warn us. Matt opens the back of the truck, and jumps up into it.

Ruby is still acting weird which only means something bad is about to happen.

“Tell the guy to bring the truck over!” Matt yells from inside the truck.

Zacky signals to Brian and Johnny to bring the truck. I see Matt come out of the Truck smiling.

“There is another 6 months or more of supplies in there. There is also extra fuel and weapons. We will re-fuel with some of it and bring the rest. There is also a trailer in here so we can bring back more than anticipated.” Matt says smiling. All of a sudden Ruby starts barking like mad. I look off into the distance and see a huge pack of zombies. I look over to The rest of the guys they already attached the trailer and Zacky put more fuel in the truck.

“Guy hurry up with those supplies there is a huge pack of those bitches coming right at us!” I yell. The boys kicked it up a notch and filled the. I see Zacky go inside the truck. I see everyone get their weapons ready. Then I hear something being started up inside the truck Matt jumps out of the way. I see Zacky on a four wheeler with his gun out he lands on the ground.

“Pack that trailer to the brim I’ll hold them off!” He says before jetting off into the pack of of zombies. A few minutes later Matt and the guys were done and we jumped into the truck and took off to help Zacky. We hear gun shots and yelling. Matt sees Zacky out of the edge and we go over and Brain and Jimmy pull him into the truck. Leaving the four wheeler behind.

“You are a fucking idiot!” Matt yells as we continue to drive back to the hotel and away from the zombies.

“I know, but I wanted to get as much of the supplies as possible. You needed a distraction.” Zacky says as Brian looked him over for any cuts or anything.

“I know bro, but you could have been killed.” Matt says giving Zacky a big bro hug.

“We should be good for supplies for awhile now.” Johnny says. We all nod and try to relax for the ride home. I pet Ruby and give her a bunch of love, she did so well today Layla will be proud.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it’s been a long time guys I’m so sorry. I recently moved and its been hard for me to update. Thank you everyone, especially my co-writer fienix66613 for being so understanding!!