Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

A Wondering Mind

I seem to be overdoing the job that I've been required to do but at least the fucks that show up here get blown away thanks to my killer skills with my sniper rifle and with Jake's keen senses but my senses will never rest until Eve and Ruby are back. I just finished scouting the area and going off a little to find my nourishing cancer sticks. Jake knew the routine as we got into the elevator and rode up to our floor. I walked out and down through the hall and walked on into the Berry twins' hotel room. I felt kind of sorry for the two of them but relieved that I didn't have to deal with them. Of course the older children did help Jason and Matt out but I'm still glad that it ain't me.

Jake followed close behind me as we entered into the kitchen. He whimpered and gently laid his large paw on my leg as I drank what was left of the water I had taken with me.

''I know you're thirsty too.'' I said petting the soft fur that covered him. I grabbed his water bowl from the floor and filled it
with the cool, clear water. His tail wagged furiously as I set the bowl down and he immediately began to drink. I knew as soon as Jake finished his water he would lay by the locked hotel room door so he could be the first to greet Eve and Ruby.

I grabbed another water bottle from the fridge as Jake took his spot by the door and the my rifle in hand, I carefully went through the crowd of children and took my place on the balcony. I lit up a cigarette before scanning the area with the scope on my rifle. There was not a soul moving down there and that meant I could relax just for a minute but my guard would never be let down. I took a long drag off of the intoxicating stick and slowly blew the smoke from my barely parted lips.

I yawned as I flicked my cigarette over the railing and picked up the cold bottle and brought it to my mouth to drink. The coldness of the water soothed my dry mouth and throat. I sat back in the metal-framed chair and my mind began to wonder away. I thought about the possibility of my
best friend or my Ruby not coming back from this dangerous mission. I really don't know what I would do. I mean she's the only one that I trust with all of my heart. These guys could never understand the pain I've endured.

"You know thinking too much can really wear a person down."

I slightly jerked in surprise and I looked over to see Jason propped on the sliding glass doorway with his arms crossed.

"And scaring the fuck out of me is a sure way to get yourself killed." I said as I grabbed another cigarette from my pack.

"I'll remember that." I chuckled as I lit my smoke. Jason kept standing there as if he wanted to either say something or have say something.

"Is that all you wanted?" I asked breaking the silence barrier that had come between us.

"No I just wanted to let you know that Matt cooked some food if you want some."

"No thanks. I'm not all that hungry." I said but in all truth I was starving.

"Layla you haven't eaten since they left."

"Keeping tabs on me?" I asked as I took another drag from my smoke.

"No. It's just that you wouldn't want to be weak from not eating."

"Thanks but no thanks. When Eve and Ruby are back here being their normal selves, then I'll eat but until then I'll just stick to drinking water." I said truthfully. I will not eat one single crumb of food until they are safely brought back to me. I took one last hit and I threw it away and I watched as it left my vision.

I raised my head back up and I spotted something off in the distance. I pointed my rifle towards the cloud of dust and through the scope I could see the guy's vehicle.
My heart fluttered with pure joy as I strapped my rifle onto my shoulder and went into the room. The kids were fast asleep on various places around the room. Jason looked at me as I went to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I seen the guys vehicles coming this way so I'm going down to be their backup. Come on Jake." I said as I opened the door.

"Hold on I'm going down with you."

"I don't need your help. Jake is all I need." I said and Jake followed me from the room and down to the elevator. We got on and rode down to the lobby. The door opened and we walked out of the hotel just as their vehicles pulled up. Ruby jumped out of Zacky's car and Jake ran towards her with his tail wagging happily. Eve was the next one to get out and I walked up to her and hugged her tightly.

"Glad to see they listened to me." I said letting her go.

"Everything went smoothly except for when we were loading the trailer but no one was hurt."

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"She'll fill you in later but right now we need to get this stuff up to our rooms." I looked over to where Matt's voice boomed and he was handing boxes to the others. Eve and I took some boxes and loaded them into the elevator. I wonder what went on out there...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys so this chapter was written by fienix66613 but I'm just posting it. Thank you for the comments you guys are awesome!! Please leave a comment telling us what you think!!