Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Matter of Life or Death

It was only a day until the guys and Layla would be heading out to the truck to get more supplies. Ever since Layla told me about her bad feeling about the mission I’ve been uneasy. I know Layla is a strong
person and very resourceful I just want her and everyone else to come back safely.

“Hey Eve you told me that Zack ended up getting a four wheeler out of the truck right?” Layla asked me as she was getting her weapons ready for tomorrow. She was in the middle of cleaning and loading all her favorite beauties.

“Yeah, he used it when he distracted the pack of Zombies about 30 yards away, but we left it behind when we grabbed him. Why do you ask Lay?” I said.

“I’m going to have the guys take me to it, and I’ll ride back on it when the trailer is filled. I think it will be a nice patrolling vehicle for when I start doing my nightly rounds.” Layla said putting her cleaned and loaded guns away.

“Please be careful Lay, no object is worth your life.” I said looking at her seriously.

“I’m always careful Eve don’t worry.” She said getting up from the chair and headed out for a cigarette. I decided I was going to walk around the our hotel floor and maybe see what everyone else was doing. I decided to go to Matt’s room to see if he need any prep work for tomorrows mission. I walk into Matt’s room and I see a very upset and worried Brian in the middle of talking to Matt.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her, she isn’t eating she has a really high fever and she looks so pale. I don’t know what’s wrong Matt.” Brian said sounding helplessly.

“Hey what’s going on guys is everything alright?” I ask hoping I wasn’t interrupting anything.

“Brian’s daughter, Tina isn’t feeling so good. She isn’t eating and she looks pale and has a fever.” Matt said. My mind immediately went into medical mode. I took a medical course all through high school so I know a lot about different medical issues.

“Maybe I can’t help, I took medical courses all through high school maybe I can find out what’s wrong.” I offered looking at Brian.

“That would be great if you could thank you.” Brian said and I followed him to his room. I noticed Tina was on the bed looking absolutely sickly poor little girl. I also see a boy sitting on the chair who is mostly likely his son seeing how he looks just like Brian.

“Hi sweetie how are you feeling?” I asked looking down at her.

“Not good, daddy I want mommy.” Tina said getting teary eyed.

“I know baby girl, Eve is going to try to find out what’s wrong.” Brian said kissing the top of his daughter's head.

“Okay so what are her symptoms and how long has she been like this?” I ask Brian.

“Just since yesterday morning, she hasn’t eaten anything and she’s been really funny. The fever started about 5 hours ago and she’s been having chills.” He said. The first thing I thought was Flu,but something doesn’t seem right.

“Honey, have you been breathing really funny like you feel like you need to breath a lot?” I asked Tina as I sit on the bed next to her.

“Yeah, and my leg is starting to really hurt too.” Tina said. I get up off the bed and lift up the blanket and

I couldn’t believe what I saw. Even Brian jumped back. Tina had a very big cut on her leg near her foot.

“Tina where did you get that cut from?” Brian asked.

“Jame and I were playing hide and seek on the roof and I cut my leg in the air vent I was hiding in. I didn’t tell you cause I know we weren’t suppose to be up there. I’m sorry Daddy.” Tina said crying now.

“Baby girl it’s okay, but you have to tell me when you hurt yourself that bad.” Brian said hugging Tina.

My mind was thinking she had blood poisoning and needs help fast.

“Brian, do you have any medical supplies here?” I asked looking at him.

“We have a small kit in Matt’s room.” He said

“She is going to need more than just bandages, I think she has blood poisoning from the cut she got. She needs antibiotics or she will-“ I cut myself off I didn’t want to scare Tina.

“She will what Eve?” Brian asked looking at me. I think he could tell what I was thinking because his eyes got huge.

“James, watch your sister we will be right back.” Brian said grabbing my hand and running back to Matt’s room.

“So how is Tina?” Matt asked looking at us.

“Tina cut her leg on the roof the other day when she and James when they played up there. Eve thinks she has blood poisoning and she needs antibiotics or she could end up dying.” Brian said.

“Oh my god, Brian we don’t have those kinds of medicines here, but I know there were things like that on the truck. I couldn’t grab any medical stuff cause of those fucking zombies.” Matt said.

“You guys are going to have to head out sooner than tomorrow. Tina doesn’t have much time she needs that medicine.” I said looking at them

“Of course we are going to leave immediately I’ll tell everyone and get the kids situated Eve go and tell Layla we will be leaving in 30 minutes.” Matt said

I ran to our room to see Layla feeding her dogs.

“Layla something has come up. Brian’s daughter is really sick and she needs medicine and the kind she needs is on that truck. Matt is gathering everything to leave in 30 minutes.” I said looking at her. Layla looked like I was going crazy.

“Layla this is a matter of life or death. Without the medicine she is going to die.” I said and Layla’s eyes got huge.

“No more fucking around I’m going to Matt’s room. Don’t worry Eve I’ll get that medicine just tell me what I’m looking for.” Layla said.

“It’s going to be in a box most likely the bottle is going to be clear or brown and the package should read penicillin, and in the box should be a pack of needles I’m going to have to give it to her directly into the vein.

“You got it.” Layla said giving me a hug.

“You be careful Lay.” I said.

“I will.” She said letting me go and heading out the door.

I can only hope Tina can hold on just a little bit longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI GUYS. I’m so sorry about not updating I feel so bad. Well here it is please leave a comment  I also want to say It’s been 4 years now since Avenged Sevenfold lost their drummer The Rev. Jimmy was more than just their drummer he was their best friend and brother and I know he will be sadly missed by millions. Rock In Peace Jimmy we will love and miss you foREVer and ever!!!

Image