Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

I Had To

I took the first night watch, I stared out the window. It was around one am and it seemed so quiet outside. Layla and I knew better though we knew what was beyond these walls. After the outbreak I knew things were going to change thank god for Layla, my best friend. She helped me through losing my boyfriend of two years. I lost Shane to the zombies and I had to kill him myself or he would have killed me. I remember that day very well, it’s something I will never forget

I was waiting for Shane to come pick me up so we could go to the movies. After about 2 hours of waiting I got nervous Shane always calls if he was going to be late. I only lived a few streets down so I decided to walk over to his house. When I got there I was beyond horrified I saw Shane on the ground looking like he was mauled by an animal. He was just laying there on the front lawn. The window to his living smashed with blood all over it. I ran over to him and tried to wake him up.

“Shane! Wake up come on please!” I shouted shaking him. It was then when I realized he was dead, but he wasn’t killed by an animal. The typical green veins around his face told me he was changing into a zombie. Just then Shane woke up and tried to grab me, I knew if he bit me or scratched me I would be like them. I tried getting away from him, I didn’t want to kill him but I knew I had to.

He grabbed me leg and I crawled over to his mother’s garden and took one of the solar lights. They were metal and had a sharp point. I turned around and slammed it right into Shane’s skull. I cried out in agony I just kill my boyfriend. I got up and ran away, I didn’t know what else to do. I knew that it was my job now to kill all of these sick fucks.


I really wouldn’t know what I would of done if Layla didn’t help me through. We help each other through our tough times. She still misses her mom and I miss Shane, we know loss well.

Ruby and Jake started to slightly growl and I made sure to silence them. I have them both belly scratches and attention. I gave them some food and water so they didn’t wake up Layla or the “unfriendly’s” as Layla called them, meaning zombies. I then tended to our arsenal of weapons, taking my favorite shot gun (A Benelli super black eagle II) I started to clean all the weapons and load them so we would be all ready.

So far it’s been a quiet night and I would like to keep it that way. I heard movement coming from behind and I knew it was Layla. Ruby and Jake whimpered happily as their mom petted them.

“Any action while I was sleeping?” She asked helping herself to coffee that I just made.

“Nope it’s pretty silence outside.” I said putting the guns on the table.

“Did you feed my babies?” She asked.

“Sure did, cleaned all the guns too except for yours I know you have a special way you do it. I loaded everything with ammo so we should be good.” I said

“Cool thanks; hey get some sleep I want all of us to be rested for tomorrow.” Layla said setting up her spot to take over.

“No problem.” I said setting up my place on the couch I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.