Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Can We Trust Them?

I looked around the amazing suite Jason and Matt Berry had showed us to just minutes ago and it was stunning. Stunning just isn't the word for it...it's incredible. It almost made me forget about those damn zombies overrunning my mother's house...almost. I sat down on the large black leather sofa that sat in the small living room like area as Eve parted the curtain on the sliding glass door that led out to the balcony and looked out the window. I should have stayed at my mother's house and fought against those fuckers instead of running like some scared dog. She wouldn't have wanted me to let something she built to give me be trashed like some...well rundown home. Eve said we would return to my mother's house to rebuild it and I shouldn't have said it wasn't a part of me. That house was just as a part of my life as my mother's memory is.

"Layla, come here and look at this amazing view!" Eve beamed as she knocked me from my thoughts. I got up from my seat and went over to the glass door and went out onto the balcony where she was.

"Isn't this amazing?"

"Yeah...it's really cool." I said half-heartedly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong. I guess I'm just a little bit tired from the long drive." I said lying through my teeth. Eve gave me her famous I-Know-You're-Lying face as she crossed her arms over her chest. I sighed and sat down in one of the chairs that was placed on the balcony. She could read me like an open book.

"Spill what's wrong."

"Eve...do you think we can trust these guys?" I asked truthfully and telling half of the problem.

"I'm pretty sure we can. After all they did help us out there. Why? Do you think they might be up to something?"

"I'm not really sure. You know how I am about trust." I said and she nodded. I have serious trust issues about letting anyone besides Eve become close to me after my mom's untimely death.

"I know Layla but we can at least try and see if we all can get along. I mean I like them already because of their help."

"If you think we can trust them...then maybe I'll try to get along with them but they don't want to see the other side of me." I said laughing.

"Oh you mean your killer side? Try and control that side Layla. Use the killer moments against those flesh eating dickwads."

"You know I've been trying but it doesn't last long." I said shaking my head as I pulled my pack of smokes from my pocket and took one from the pack.

"You just don't believe that you can. I sure as hell believe that you will gain control of that demon side of you and use it against them. You just got to have a little faith in yourself."

"The only faith I have in is making sure we survive. I'm running a little short of believing-in-myself faith." I said as I lit up the cigarette and graciously let the smoke fill up my lungs before blowing it out through my parted lips.

"I'll let you borrow some of mine. I have a whole bag full in there."

"So that's where you keep it." I said making her laugh.

"Do you want to take the first watch or should I?"

"I'll do it. You've been driving for quite a while and you need some rest." I said getting up from my chair and going back into the room. I looked around and seen my precious babies laying on the couch asleep side by side. Normally I wouldn't let them lay on the furniture but I just didn't care anymore. I opened one of my duffle bags and grabbed the Thompson Sub Machine gun before going back out on the balcony and looking over Vegas.

It was a really beautiful city even though it looked like a ghost town and I'm sure before all of this started it was bustling with thousands upon thousands of people. I had seen postcards of Vegas but nothing can compare to actually being here but it looked a hell of a lot better than it does now. I leaned my back against the cold concrete that made the building and I slid down until I was sitting comfortably with my weapon in my lap. I started thinking about what Matt had said to us when we were coming up to the room.

Glad you’re the good guys.

I wonder what he meant by that? He was probably talking about the unfriendly's but should I really trust them. I mean they did welcome us into their "Reign Compound" or whatever but I still don't know about them. Eve has always been a very trusting person and I was too at one time and well...you know the rest. The only person I'm going to trust right now is Eve and if those guys want to try and gain my trust, they are going to have to work hard to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this story hasn't been updated in a while but we are coming back! Comments are always awesome!!