Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Unsettling

Layla decides to take the first watch for which I’m totally thankful. Driving all the way out here really wore me out.

I lay on the plush comfy bed, but I can’t sleep well I keep thinking about the last few months.
What if Layla is right? Can we really trust these guys?

I slowly close my eyes and drift to sleep only to have the most disturbing dream.

XDreamX

I can smell the death rotting flesh; the fires haven’t even been put out yet. I don’t know where I am only thing I know is that I’m all alone. I look around some more taking in the scene blood soaked into the sand. That’s when I see that the ground is littered with Zombies and survivors. I walk around looking at everyone, and my heart breaks. I see the members of Reign as well as my best friend Layla. I run to her side and see that she was dead. I then felt someone grab my hair and pull me down. I see Zack hovering over me, and I see that his body is turning mostly because of the infection.

“I thought you were good, but you just lead us all to slaughter!” He yelled and that’s when he shoots
me.

XDream EndX

I feel something touch my arm and I wake up in a fury with my gun out.

“Holy shit Eve, aren’t you a little jumpy?” I hear Layla ask. I quickly put my gun away and take a few deep breaths.

“Sorry, I just had a sick nightmare that’s all,” I say getting up.

“Well are you okay to take the next watch nearly nodded off.” Layla asks.

“Of course go get some sleep I’m gonna see what we have to eat and if you haven’t yet I could feed your pups for you.” I say putting on my “zombie gear”

“Yeah I haven’t yet so I would appreciate it thanks. Try to keep to the rations we put in place I don’t know if these people will let us use theirs.” She said before getting into bed.

I see Jake and Ruby on the floor I bend down to rub their belly.

“Auntie Eve is gonna get you guys some food. Keep an eye on mommy.” I tell them.

I leave the room and head down the hall way, and that’s when I see Zack coming down the hall. Part of me felt nervous and scared, but I held it together.

“Hey Matt can I ask you something?” I ask and he looks over at me.

“Sure no problem what’s up” He asks.

“I know you said Brian got the generator working, but is the elevator always operable or is there
someone who has to make it work.” I ask pointing to the elevator.

“No it’s technically always on, but we have learned not to underestimate these zombies. We have an override on it so whenever we need it we use this key.” Zack says showing me the key.

“It doesn’t fully operate without it. Why did you need supplies from your rations?” He asks

“Yeah, I need the dog food for Layla’s dogs, I mean I can handle myself I don’t need a babysitter.” I say looking up at him. He smiles and leads me to the elevator.

“We believe in the buddy system I’m sure you can handle yourself, but we like to protect each other both old and new friends.” He says smiling at me.

He opens the elevator and we head in he put the key in the slot and the doors close.

“You can trust us Eve we won’t hurt you. We are in the same fight and probably experiencing the same loss.” Zack says as he put his head down.

“You lost a loved one to them?” I ask not really sure what to say.

“My wife, we all lost our wives actually; we had to kill them to save our children.” He says trying not to cry. I put my hand on his shoulder and I try to comfort him.

“I’m so sorry, not that it compares to losing a wife but I know what it feels like. I lost my boyfriend I had to kill him because he was trying to kill me. The zombies attacked him and I tried to find him, and he was already turned by then.” I say trying to stay strong.

“I’m sorry too.” He says. We reach the bottom and he helps me gather some supplies.

“So do you get many attacks out here?” I ask as we head back to the elevator with the things I need.

“Not really, but they are running out of food they are attracted to sound and smell. For a bunch of brainless vegetables they know how to survive. They are as primal and primal gets and they are resilient.” He says looking over at me.

“We are just as primal and resilient, and we know how to survive. “ I say as I stepped off the elevator only to have a little boy about 8 run by my.

“Lyric, come on slow down you know the rules!” Zack yells at the boy.

“Sorry uncle Zack, but Tina took my dinosaur toy!” The boy says upset.

“God, keeping up with these kids is a nightmare, TINA! Give Lyric back his toy!” Zack yells and the little girl
about 10 gives the boy back his toy.

“Uncle Zacky who is she, she is really pretty.” The boy, Lyric asks. I feel the heat fly on my cheeks.

“She friends of daddy and the compound, now go play, but no more running.” Zack says and then the kids ran off.

I look at Zack and try not to laugh he looks so tired.

“I’m like everyone babysitter I mean don’t get me wrong I love my nieces and nephews they are just a handful.” He says smiling.

“Thanks for helping with my stuff, I should get back to the room Ruby and Jake will start pestering Layla, and no one wants a grumpy shot gun wielding Layla trust me on that one.” I say laughing.

“You’re welcome, yeah she seems like a firecracker, but if you guys are hungry we usually have a big dinner every night in Matt’s room.

“Okay I’ll let Layla know.” I say walking back to the room and gave the pups some water and food.

I really want to trust Zack and the other, but something about that dream makes me feel a little unsettled.

I hope they can prove me wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so happy with this chapter. Please let me know what you think!!