Status: On Hiatus. Sorry guys, I've got writers block. I'll be back as soon as possible.

Hand Me Downs.

Old Road Home.

I climbed the bleachers and layed my skateboard down before sitting next to it and leaning my head back. I didn't really know why I was here, I haven't been here since I was little. I still remembered when I used to sit down in front with John and watch Ross or Shane's baseball games. I used to come up here with Pat too, we'd laugh our asses off and make stupid jokes about Garrett or whatever he wanted to talk about.
"Well well well, I thought you'd be outta here by now," I lifted my head and noticed Lea walking up the steps towards me. I groaned but smiled anyway, she was just a friend of a friend who pretended to like me.
"Unexpected bump in the road." I mumbled, chewing on my bottom lip. I heard her laugh and she sat down next to me.
"That annoying brother of yours drag you back?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. I sighed and laughed lightly.
"No, his friends, and he's not as annoying as he may seem." I said, at least sticking up for John a little.
"His friends are annoying too, and yeah, he's hot and all, but that don't make his douchey personality any better." She closed her eyes and layed her head back against the fence. I laughed sarcastically and rolled my eyes.
"They're not annoying and he isn't a douche," I mumbled as I sat back and rested my hands behind my head. Lea opened her eyes and sat up, "I thought you were the one that was running away from them? You don't run away from something you don't hate." She smirked slightly and pulled her cigarettes and a lighter out of her boot.
"I could never hate them," I spat out, sitting forward. She raised her eyebrows and lit the cigarette hanging from her lips.
"Calm down pipsqueak," she mumbled, taking a drag from the cigarette and holding it away from her mouth, "then why are you running?" She asked. I let my head fall back against the fence and I sighed.
"I really don't know," I mumbled. She offered me her cigarette and I took it, bringing it up to my mouth and taking a long drag.
"Ashton," I heard his voice call and I looked across the field to see him with the other guys.
"Looks like we have some visitors." Leas said, standing up and leaving. He grabbed the cigarette out of my hands when he got to me and sat down.
"Just come home. Let's talk about it, if you still have a legit reason to leave, you can." He mumbled the last part.
"John, that's not what it's about, this isn't about asking for permission, it's the fact that I hate it here." I looked at him and he smiled, "what?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the length and the wait and everything. I've been super busy and almost forgot about this. I promise to update again soon.