Status: I will updated when I can the more comments the more likely i'll update :)

As The Line Begins To Blur

Bring Out The Beast In me

I stared at Stevie curiously thanking him for his so called compliment. His eyes lingered over my lips; he wanted to kiss me, shit. Shit. Shit. I couldn't let him kiss me. What if he had some weird power like James, I definitely didn't want him to be able to read my mind.
Situation avoided, we'd now managed to reach his friends. Introduction time, why was I nervous it wasn't like I had anything to hide.

I remembered back to our first meeting, the time when I was unsure whether we would become good friend’s turns out we had become great friends. Tonight was the night; Stevie had told me he had something to show me, a little secret. I looked through my instructions, warm clothing, sensible footwear, were we going on a fucking hike in the dark or something.

Cautiously I walked up the loose track up towards the woods that were our meeting place. Stevie greeted me a goofy smile on his gorgeous face, it was only after hugging that I realised he was only in a short sleeve top, fucking nut-job! Slipping my hand into his Stevie pulled me up the path, where in god’s name were we going? We reached an abnormal clearing in the thick wooded area I guessed this is where we were heading. I was right, too be honest I was nearly always right!

Stevie's friends all stood in a large circle waiting for him like he was their leader or something. Then I saw it, the large object in the background covered in a thick black cloth. As we approached they all went silent, 'why is she here?' 'Guys I invited her' Stevie answered the unasked question on everyone's lips. The flicker of the flames surrounding our clearing decorated my face, illuminating my changing expressions as the event unfolded.

'Nala... I need to tell you something' Stevie's voice cracked with nerves. 'What is it? You can tell me anything, I won't think any different of you' 'really' yes I was being honest I wouldn't think any different of him. 'Uhm the guys and I' 'hey us too' chirped in one of the few girls in the group, 'yes all of us here, we we're werewolf’s' 'werewolf’s?' I questioned his odd confession. He nodded with his eyes averted away from mine, fear, he feared my reaction.

Tiptoeing to reach his height I pecked Stevie's cheek 'show me what you got then wolf boy' oh I did love to tease. The smile on his face radiated brighter than the fire, 'we can take three forms. Man, wolf and half man/ half wolf, tonight as is full moon we will take full wolf form.' Okay this was simple to understand, so far.

'This is what we call The Hunt! We transform and chase and kill our prey, those are in the cage, but there is a problem' 'problem?' 'You are in danger because you belong to no wolf, it means someone could kill you and to be honest it won't be nice either.' 'How do I become safe?' I questioned curiously, surprisingly I wasn't actually afraid of them. ‘You have to ki...' I cut him off mid word by crashing my lips to his, that surprised him but once his brain had begun functioning our tongues fought for dominance, I let him win obviously. 'Im yours' I whispered into his ear as we pulled away from our first kiss.

'The moon is at its highest the hunt needs to start' shouted the eager, ready to hunt. I wasn't ready for the cloth to drop; it fell revealing a large cage full of humans. People, they were hunting people, what the fuck? 'Are you serious?' I had to ask, the question was burning on the tip of my tongue. 'Yes...I am, we are going to kill them, they're all our enemies in the war' wait there was a war as well; this is so much information for one day.

I ran. I couldn't handle watching anyone die, they were humans, they had families and friends, the ripple effect of so many people hurt by one event. Tears finally fell over the brim and trickled down my face their paths altered by the strength of wind from my running.

Stumbling through the thick forest I'd completely lost sight of the path, now I was alone crying and the hunt had most likely begun. Collapsing onto the floor amongst the damp leaves my breath catching in my chest, fuck I can't even remember the last time I’d done any exercise. Sitting in the dark was calming until the rustling of leaves and the flash of fur as a few wolves barrelled through the thick branches and off into the distant. I was alone again.

The sky overhead began to turn; the once clear stretch filled with shining stars had become thick with dark clouds. Large drops of rain fell quickly soaking me from head to toe, I rose from the ground and stumbled in a random direction, my hair full of water blocked my view causing me to bump quite forcefully into a person. A person, yes I was saved, not quite. The man before me was naked; his body showed past encounters, he was one of the hunted. Removing my jacket I strung it over his shoulders, what had he ever done that was so wrong. We sat sheltered under the large branches of nearby tree, huddled together for warmth, finally he began to relax and tell me his side of the story.

He began ‘the war began a long time ago between the supernaturals, Lucifer and his twin Clara were separate from birth, one the ruler of evil spirits and the other the keeper of good spirits in the mortal world. Lucifer envied his sister as she could walk among the living; she could interact and although people know of her she could exist in peace with humans. Then there was the prophecy...a child will be born of both good and evil and they would unite the supernatural beings and the long war would be over. It was told that this child would be special; the baby would be human but have many talents for instance recognising supes in their human forms as well as learning talents from the different types of supes. Now to the war, Lucifer’s armies may be strong filled with demons, zombies and sirens whilst Clara had angels, werewolves and vampires, each side of the war was well matched. The war was all but contained for over a hundred years until they began to use humans for bait trying to lure key individuals on to the opposing sides. We were taken by the demons and corrupted that’s why we’re here being hunted by those animals.’

Falling silent was his way of saying enough, he’d already been so generous with information I dint want to push my luck. Then it hit me a wave of fear, a feeling like I should run away and never look back. Fuck this was creepy. Peering towards the strange under the tree with me I noticed the slight changes within, his eyes changed from normal to a deep black and he inched closer a seductive cheeky smile spread across his face. I was trapped by what I guessed was a demon, fuck. A set of large black wings erupted from his back as he muttered so barely audible word ‘you’re the special baby, that’s what I thought’. His face was inches away from mine, but I felt no fear, death didn’t scare me. Closing my eyes I accepted my fate, hopefully it would be over quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas
Title- Sleeping With Sirens- If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn
Thanks to my loyal reader and commenter :) you make the story worth writing :)
Holly x