Cath Trilogy: Hey Jane

The Nightmare

"Jane, Jane, would you look at me," the psychiatrist of the orphanage ordered the girl. Th two of them were alone in his office, and Jane had an idea of what was about to happen. Her dark brown hair was tangled and fell over the pale skin on her face, and her hazel eyes carefully traced the carpet's pattern beneath her feet. Her mouth formed a frown with pale, pink lips that were unmoving and silent.

Mr. Wayne, the psychiatrist had a rather pointy appearance with a harsh tone and slow wit. Jane was still trying to find the benefit of having him around her. He was doing nothing to help her recover into a prosperous life. In fact, all he did was worsen her symptoms through barbaric treatments.

"We've provided you with all the resources we can. This is not the best environment for you to be in your condition," Mr. Wayne continued. "I'm afraid we're going to have to transfer you somewhere where they can accept you."

Jane didn't speak; she hadn't for a while.

"Alright, you're going to a place called M.A.A.H.C.. It's not too far away, but I don't think that you'll ever be coming back here. You're parents aren't coming back, and there is nothing that any of those doctors can do to change that."

A single tear escaped Jane's eye and fell into her lap. The short skirt there already ruffled from Jane clutching it so tightly.

"Just be ready to leave by tomorrow," those were the last words that Jane would hear from Mr. Perkins in the orphanage. Her new life would begin after another 2 years; that was how long it would for a miracle. God knows what would have happened without it.
♠ ♠ ♠
MHAAC is Mental Health Association of Alameda County which is right outside of Berkeley and treats people with mental illnesses.

Subscribe COMMENT recommend, it will make the updates come much quicker. Even if you aren't here from comment swap please comment.