Cath Trilogy: Hey Jane

Dinner

On Jane's drive out to the suburbs, she thought about the case and how truly strange it was. There was almost no evidence that anyone who could have been related to the family had done it. The fiance who Claire Prentice left at the altar was deceased... apparently before the incident with the altar leaving. The mother who Claire Prentice had gotten into a huge fight with only two weeks before had solid alibis, and there was no chance that someone had been hired because the attacks had been so personal.

The neat home set aside these thoughts for a few moments, and Jane went to the home that Jane had known for most of her life. She parked in the same place where she had ever since she had learned how to drive. The house was two stories and painted with a faded once canary yellow paint. The hedges that divided the houses on either side were still lush and green in the rain winter had afforded the Californian suburb.

As Jane walked toward the front door, her father, Gabriel, was there to greet her. His short dirty-blond hair was cut short and flipped a little in front. A smile was on his thin lips with his perfect white, straight teeth that had raised envy in Jane over the years. His white slight v-neck shirt and straight, blue jeans gave him the appearance of someone much younger than himself. Still, Gabriel was about 38. He had married and adopted young. Jane had been about eleven when he finally signed the forms to put her in his protection.

"Hey," Gabriel gave Jane a warm embrace and reminded her of how muscular his build really was beneath the carefree air he put around himself. "How are you?"

"Good," Jane smiled at him. "You?"

"As happy as your father makes me," Gabriel smiled and gave her a quick wink.

"That's just gross," Jane laughed a laugh that released the pressure of the case that she had been given.

"Not at all," Gabriel motioned for Jane to come inside and nearly skipped to the kitchen humming a little to himself as he always did. His voice was comparable to most pop artists from the early 2000's that Rhys forced Jane to listen to in his car whenever he drove her home from work.

"Babe, Jane is here," Gabriel called and a brunette with stunning features poked out of the kitchen. Jane smiled at her other father and looked around to see if there had been any changes to the design of the house.

No, there was still the T.V. room with a brown leather three seat sofa with a matching chair where Jane had spent most of her childhood reading from the library which was in Michael's office across the hall from the T.V. room with bookshelves lining each wall. Jane threw off her shoes and felt the slight coldness of the hardwood floors.

Michael took Gabriel in his muscular arms and planted his lips on the side of Gabriel's neck. "I don't make you happy?" He whispered seductively in Gabriel's ear, and Gabriel giggled as Michael picked him up so that his bare feet were just off the floor. The two of them both had nicely natural tanned skin.

"Stop it," Gabriel whined but showed no signs of struggle.

"Alright, alright keep it PG you two," Jane smiled at her two fathers.

"Always ruining everything," Michael laughed let Gabriel go and took Jane in his arms. "Is it a sin that I want to go down on your father?"

"Eew!" Jane tore away from Michael still smiling, "I don't need to know the details of your fellatio activities. And, yes, every word of what you said is a sin by just about every religion to have the idea of sin."

"Too bad," Michael turned to Gabriel who was blushing. "They're missing out on a lot of fun."

"Shut up," Gabriel laughed as Jane's face turned into a grimace.

"So," Michael clapped his hands. "Dinner anyone? I made Indian food."

Gabriel cheered then let Michael take him in his arms and take him to the dining room. Jane was still smiling, but then, she thought a horrible thought. She imagined Michael and Gabriel in black body bags with gun shots through the head. It could happen at any moment, and Jane knew this better than most. Someone could break in that door at that second and everything could be gone...

Jane reached into her pocket and pulled out two Effexor. She swallowed them dry and immediately felt her blood pressure drop.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Gabriel asked as Jane failed to notice that he had peeked out to see if Jane was coming.

"Totally, I'm fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Michael and Gabriel? Is it THE Michael and Gabriel? I know, you will know if you subscribe. There is a button on top for that. It would be might nice of you to do that maybe hitting the recommend button while you're at it and leaving a super nice and helpful comment telling me what you want to see happen! Also, tell me if you think if Jane is okay!