Cath Trilogy: Hey Jane

First Day (Nightmare Part 3)

Jane came back home to her apartment with a full stomach and collapsed onto her bed. She didn't bother brushing her teeth or changing out of her work attire which she had worn to her parents' house. Sleep came within seconds after collapsing onto her bed along with what accompanies it.

Young Jane rubbed absently at her neck when she woke up in the unfamiliar room. A wince escaped her lips as she pushed herself up so her back was against the wall. There was a bump on her head from where she fell and everything was sore. Also, she was more hungry than she had ever felt.

Her attire consisted of a white long-sleeve shirt and white draw sting pants. A bracelet wrapped around her wrist read her name along with numbers that she couldn't figure the meaning for. Her head was in such a haze.

The door opened, and Jane pushed herself harder against the wall with her hands gripping tightly at the frame of the twin-sized bed. "It's okay," a thick yet pleasant voice rang out from the door. "I'm Doctor Derek Perkins. You can call me whatever you want."

Jane rubbed at her neck with more force and looked around the room. There were white walls. White. She already despised the color. The door was painted white and had a hatch in the middle so that doctors could observe the patients. Jane began to panic even more. Instead of replying to anything that Derek had said, Jane pushed herself against the wall with all the hope that she could dissolve into it.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you," Derek tried to ease his way closer to her. He was using the same tone a tired parent would use to coax a crying child.

'Don't be afraid. Don't be afraid. Don't be afraid.' A voice Jane wished she had never heard traveled through her head. A scream was let lose from Jane's lips, and her hands raised to her ears. The noise from her lips was earsplitting.

Tu casses mes orielles, it was an expression she had once heard. French for, you break my ears. It had struck her as funny when she was younger and her aunt Joan had whispered it in her French accent... Aunt Joan... Aunt Joan... Jane couldn't remember. More screams.

"Hey," Derek firmly grasped Jane by the shoulders. "It's okay Jane..." the girl didn't stop screaming. "Or would you prefer I call you..."


Jane woke before the sentence was complete. Her throat felt hoarse, and she wasn't too sure the screams had just been in the dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. It is a little weird, but the best is yet to come. You may be wondering why I am suddenly posting so many chapters, well it is for school. I said for my health goal that we had to make that I would post 4 chapters by the end of vacation. The fourth will come tomorrow. It is great to subscribe if you like this because there a guaranteed to be more health goals in the future. Love you all. Be sure to leave a nice little comment even if you aren't from C.S.