Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

Concerning Hobbits

A ranger road a mighty black gypsy through the forest, staying away from the roads, her cloak and hood shadowing any image of her face. She road as if the whips of her masters lie behind her. Pale white eyes like that of a ghost pierced the night. Horrible screeches followed behind her. Pulling at the reigns she made her steed gallop faster, for a draft breed the mare moved fast, hoof beats thundered behind horse and rider. Black riders four in numbers trailed behind her tirelessly. “Come now Iluad faster” The ranger breathed pusher her horse to go faster. And that the mare did, breathing heavily labored as she ran. The ranger let go of her reigns and drew her bow, firing at those pursuing her. “Eadlyn” The back rider hissed as they dodged the arrows. The Mare Iluad came to a halt rearing back as a bright white light flashed through the forest, the Riders screamed out and fled. A sound escaped from the ranger Eadlyn’s mouth something that one would hear come from a wounded banshee. She shielded her eyes as the light died down. “Sorry child” an elderly gentle voice called. Eadlyn looked up, a wizard in the ranks of the grey robes stood before her “Gandalf” She gasped a slight smile tugging at her lips. “It is good to see you again” He greeted with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I feel something is coming…the ring has not been found, yet” Gandalf said from his fireworks cart. “But with the wraths arrival….I fear it is only a matter of time” He added. Eadlyn looked down at her reigns. “So…you know where it is…that ring?” She asked her voice clouded over. “right it child….” Gandalf warned. Eadlyn frowned “yes I know, do not worry…I am stronger than that of my father’s…” she warned. Gandalf nodded “I know this…that is why I am asking you to do the following task…” He replied Eadlyn looked up at the wizard “what would you have me do?” she asked “You are familiar with the shire….is that Right?” He asked the ranger nodded “I need you to watch a few friends of mine” He said. Eadlyn listened attentively.

- - 2 Years Latter

Eadlyn walked down the small road through the Shire, with her a walking stick. She was uncloaked her long black hair in a high ponytail and that that would not fit in the ponytail hug below it. She was clad I rangers gear, and a metal breast plate armor. On her back were her bow and arrows, and two elvish knives. She ignored the scowls from the elder Hobbits. But it has been 2 years now and they were quiet used to her. He bowed her head to them respectfully “good day” She said with a friendly smile, her white eyes made her look somewhat frightening but her smile was warmer than her appearance. Up ahead of her at the very last house down the road for quite a while, she could see a small figure waving her down excitedly and smile pasted on his face. “Eadlyn!” he called running to her “master Frodo” she laughed looking down at him as he beamed up at her. He blushed a bit; He had a fancy for Eadlyn all 5’4” of her, since Gandalf brought her along with him 2 years prior. “Happy birth day master Frodo” She said calmly. “Gandalf was just here” He said to her turning around to walk with her into Hobitington. “really now…” Eadlyn said trailing off into deep thought a frown came to her face. “Eadlyn..” Frodo asked worriedly looking up at her. His voice brought her back, she looked down at him a forced a smile. “So master Frodo, how old are you know…about 50?” she asked with a playful smile. Frodo chuckled “ha ha ha, 33 for your information..And not a day older” he said with a nod, Eadlyn smiled down at him. “Oh really now…how odd” she said slyly walking ahead of him. “What’s odd?” he called after her, she looked down at him coyly and smiled “I myself am only 23 years” she said “and you look younger than I” she added in with amusement. “It’s the height” Frodo laughed.

“Eadlyn!” Pippin called as she & Frodo entered the Green Dragon, He waved them down to his table. “Hello there Pip” Eadlyn greeted, Pippin shivered as he looked into her eyes, they always seemed so dead. Yet he smiled at her anyway, “you’ve been gone for quite a while yet…where did you go this time?” He asked eyes flickering with curiosity. “I had…” Eadlyn said trailing off. Memories flooded back to her, she was standing in Isangard walking next to Sarumon, he took her to the top room of his tower, and showed her a round black stone. Snapping out of it she looked down at the hobbits “I had to go visit an old friend…He’s not…doing mentally well…” She said slowly and somewhat gravely. Frodo and Pippin looked at one another confused. Frodo reached out his hand and laid it atop of hers. “Eadlyn….are you ok?” He asked worriedly, the ranger smiled down at him. “I’m fine…just a pit tired…but I know what shall make me feel worlds better, how about drinks on me eh?” She asked with a smile. “Sounds good to me” Pippin chimed in with a large smile. “very good” Eadlyn said turning to flag down a waitress.

Eadlyn strolled around the Shire, it was late noon and the sun was setting, she stood near a small river on a bridge, and waited there. She had news to report to Gandalf, and as soon as possible. A burning sensation came to her chest; Eadlyn winced and laid her hand on it hoping it would stop soon. The world around her became Smokey and grey. Images and scene became wispy like spirits. She could hear them, screeching in the far off void, the wraths. A hand laid on her shoulder, and she was quickly brought out of this strange world gasping for air as if she had been drowning. Turning around she looked up at Gandalf gratefully, he gave her a knowing glance. “Eadlyn child…” He said simply. Eadlyn nodded “I’m still here…He can never have me…not while I still breath” she said darkly. Eadlyn cast her eyes up to the sky and then to the party that was building below far down the hills. “Maybe I should not have come here…” she thought. “You had something to share with me?” He asked. Eadlyn nodded slowly “A few things…Sarumon’s not acting himself…something’s changed in him…I fear..I fear for where his loyalties will lie…in the end…” Eadlyn said searching Gandalf’s eyes “have you spoken with him…recently?” She asked Gandalf sighed resting on his staff and shook his head. Eadlyn nodded and sighed “I’ve seen orcs in large numbers traveling in large numbers across middle earth…and goblins are resurfacing in the dwellings of the dwarves…the Elves are restless….” Eadlyn paused “we are running out of time….the ring-“ Gandalf hushed her “It will be kept somewhere secret…somewhere safe…there is no need to worry so early” Gandalf said smiled down at her fatherly. Eadlyn nodded stiffly. “Besides…why linger on such grave matters when there is a party to be had!” He added in Eadlyn smiled and shook her head at him. “I am glad you are here…” she said.

Eadlyn walked around the town party that had been thrown for its eldest living hobbit Bilbo Baggins and his nephew Frodo Baggins. Festivities had been well kicked off and the party was in full stride. Music was playing Hobbits where dancing, drinking and being merry. Eadlyn smiled and giggled a bit as some Hobbits walked by staggering and tripping as they carried a very large cake. “Can I lend a hand?” she asked trying to offer up a friendly smile. The Hobbits looked at each other before nodding with one another and handing the ranger the cake. Eadlyn smiled and followed them to where they wished the cake to be set. Once she was done helping Eadlyn went back to observing the crowd, she smiled and laughed as she watched the Hobbits dance, she clapped with the music. Frodo grabbed her had “dance with me!” He said with a playful grin. “oh no I couldn’t” Eadlyn said laughing. “look there’s a nice lass over there…ask her” She said pointing to a blonde Hobbit girl Frodo shook his head and laughed “already did, now come on” he called grabbing her hand and pulling her out into the crowd. Frodo dance and Eadlyn stood awkwardly He rolled her eyes at her and took her hands making her dance with him. Eadlyn sighed and danced along what little steps she could remember from her past. Frodo smiled “that’s it!” he said Eadlyn leered at him but smiled nonetheless she was having fun. Soon the Hobbits began to clap and cheer for her, Eadlyn stopped dancing and looked around slightly embarrassed and very flattered, she blushed a bit and curtsied before leaving the dancing crowd.

Frodo followed her and pointed out same glancing at Rosie, a lovely hobbit girl whom he had had his eyes on for quite a while now. Eadlyn smirked and followed Frodo over to him. They sat on either side of Sam. “go on Sam! Ask Rosie to a dance!” Frodo cheered on “ah yes Sam…look at her, just a lovely woman shouldn’t have to dance alone…” Eadlyn added in “I-I think I’ll just have another Ale” Sam said hopelessly. Eadlyn shook her head, “ what a shame…” she thought to herself, Frodo frowned and then looked at Eadlyn “what this” he mouthed “oh no you don’t!” he called with a light shove he pushed same into the dancing crowd and into Rosie’s arms. Sam looked stunned but Rosie just smiled gracefully and brought him into a dance. Frodo laughed loudly and Eadlyn chuckled. Frodo stopped laughing and gave the ranger a sidelong glance he held a smirk “and what are you laughing about…you have to dance with me again” He stated Eadlyn’s smile fell “but I just did” she stated “Its my birthday..I saw dance” he said quickly pulling her back out into the dancing crowd “for a hobbit you sure are forceful” she yelped mockingly.

“Look!” Frodo called as there was a loud Boom, a silvery white firework flew into the sky, erupting into a marvelous mushroom of flicking lights over the party field. “wow” Eadlyn breathed watching the little lights fall and disappear slowly into the night sky. Some of the remaining lights turned into spear like shapes before jetting off into the distance. Frodo looked up at Eadlyn and blushed slightly before tugging at her arm. Eadlyn looked down at him and smirked, she had know the hobbit liked her, but she could not return his feelings and he knew this. But he still found it fun to flirt with her. “come here” she sighed shaking her head. Frodo smiled. “close your eyes” she whispered. Frodo did as told, Eadlyn smiled and gave him a slow kiss on the cheek. When she pulled away Frodo’s eyes were like saucers. “Happy birth day master Frodo” she said before walking off, leaving the Hobbit holding his cheek, a smile slowly came to his face. Sam raced up to him looking stunned. Frodo just laughed and went back to dancing with Sam this time.

Eadlyn had been sitting watching the party go on, when suddenly a dragon made of fire took to the skies, Eadly jumped up and saw it was headed for Frodo & Bilbo, she raced to them but they ducked just in time. The dragon flew off into the distance, Eadlyn readied her bow to shoot it down, and just as she was about to fire, the dragon exploded into “fireworks” Eadlyn said dumbfounded as all of the hobbits horror went away into an awe filled cheer of amusement. Eadlyn reholsted her bow and shook her head. “Well I’ve never” she said with a smirk as she chuckled.

Eadlyn, Gandalf, Frodo and the other hobbits gathered under the great party tree. As Bilbo stood at the front. Frodo dragged Eadlyn behind him and sat down on a chair making her take the chair next to him. Gandalf chuckled at Frodo’s behavior and shook his head t Eadlyn who just sighed and smiled. “Speech!” a Hobbit called out “Speech, Bilbo, Speech!” a few others called “Speech!” Frodo egged on laughing and clapping. Bilbo smiled and held out his arms “My dear Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfoots.” He called out “ProudFeet!” a grumpy old hobbit called out. Bilbo waved him off facetiously. Eadlyn and some of the hobbits laughed at this "Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday!" Bilbo said in the thrilled tone. “happy birthday Bilbo!” “happy birthday” “Happy Birth day!” the crowd called out in glee. Eadlyn smiled it was refreshing being here, at such a merry moment in time.

She almost wished she could freeze time right here. "Alas, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits." Bilbo said with a sigh, the hobbits cheered at the compliment. "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo said. Eadlyn snickered at this statement as many of the hobbits looked around confused. Frodo smiled and shook his head at his uncle. "I, uh, I h-have things to do." Bilbo said almost absently, as he fumbled with something behind his back “I have put this off for far too long” He whispered. Eadlyn hearing this arched an eyebrow "I regret to announce… this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell." Bilbo said Frodo’s smile fell as Bilbo looked at him “goodbye” he whispered. Frodo jumped up out of his chair and Eadlyn followed suit shortly after when Bilbo vanished before their eyes.

Eadlyn slipped in silently into Bagend, to see Gandalf smoking his pipe “so…Bilbo’s gone then…” Eadlyn asked walking to his side. Gandalf looked back at her gravely “I fear, you might have been right child” He said Eadlyn drew In a sharp breath looking Gandalf in the eye. The door to the hobbit hole opened “Bilbo!, Bilbo!” they could hear Frodo call out. The two never stopped looking at one another. Eadlyn could hear Frodo feet on the wood floors as he approached the two. "He's gone hasn't he? He talked for so long about leaving. I didn't think he'd really do it." Frodo uttered as he stood at Gandalf’s side.

Gandalf’s eyes had turned to the fire in deep thought. Frodo held Bilbo’s ring I his hand “Gandalf?” he asked andalf turned ot him slowly “hmm?” he asked looking down at the ring “Bilbo's ring. He's gone to stay with the Elves. He's left you Bag End…" Gandalf said taking out a envelope. Frodo dropped the ring inside and Gandalf sealed it quickly. Eadlyn nodded her head up peering down at the envelope darkly "…along with all his possessions. The ring is yours now. Put it somewhere out of sight." Gandalf warned. Gandalf stood up Eadlyn offered her hand to help him and he took it, gathering his hat and staff he went to the door and Eadlyn followed. “Where are you going?” Frodo asked slowly “I have things I must do” Gandalf said simply but urgently.

“What things?” Frodo said sharply as he saw Eadlyn leaving as well. “questions..questions that need answering” Gandalf said “ But you’ve only just arrived!” Frodo called “I don’t understand” he said softly. Gandalf stopped at this and looked down at Frodo “ Neither do I” he sighed. “keep it secret” Gandalf said handing him the envelope, he held onto Frodo shoulders “keep it safe” He added, Frodo looked at him confused but nodded, Gandalf then quickly left the hobbit hole. Frodo looked up at Eadlyn his eyes were sad as she followed Gandalf out. “Gandalf!” she called. The wizard stopped “we can’t just leave him…his uncle just left…he’s all the family he’s ever known” Eadlyn said Gandalf walked back to her and search her eyes “you know as well as I, there is some things we must look into…we will return...Frodo will be fine” Gandalf said. Eadlyn groaned in displeased but he was right, nodding curtly she called her horse to her Iluad, and mounted the mare following Gandalf out of town.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is my third lotr story. have to worries the Sequal to " The Fellowship" "The Return Of the Ring" is still being written.