Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

The Balrog

The party was doing well fending off the horde of orcs, Eadlyn backed up her steps as she fought with two Orcs, she tried to block one while swinging at another, but she could still hear the whispering and it was throwing off her attention. Aragorn was fighting a large grotesque Orc who had obviously seen many battles he was covered in scars and the left half of his face had been torn off in a previous battle, Aragorn grimaced at the sight of it. Eadlyn continued backing up, nearly tripping over a fallen Orc, One of the Two she was battling brought down his axe onto her blades with great force, she stumbled back into Aragorn Whom had just sliced the head off of the Orc he was battling. Aragorn looked over his shoulder and with a turn pushed Eadlyn behind him before slicing up the Orc’s stomach gutting it completely, Eadlyn then beheaded the second Orc. Aragorn looked at her a smiled he was slightly out of breath. Eadlyn smirked and went to say thank you, however Boromir was thrown between them and into a dent in the floor. The rangers looked at him and then to the Large cave troll who had entered the room. Aragorn ran to Boromir and Eadlyn bolted to the troll. She grabbed onto the Chain that Boromir had been flung with and dug her heels into the ground as the troll was now chasing Frodo whom was hiding behind some pillars on an upper level.

However this did little good as the beast was just dragging her around. Annoyed at the extra weight the troll yanked the chain up on the air, Eadlyn held on tight as she was sent into the air along with it. “jump!” Legolas called out to her as the chain was now crashing back down to the ground, Eadlyn quickly let go of the chain, she landed skillfully on the ground, before scrambling to get out of the way of the chain. “Strider!” Frodo called out as the Troll had snatched him up by his leg. Aragorn looked up completely worm out but ran for the troll. Merry and Pippin started chucking rocks at the trolls head, in order to block the assault he dropped Frodo, but this also got the trolls attention back onto the hobbit. Frodo looked up with wide eyes and the troll loomed over him. “Strider!” Eadlyn yelled tossing her Spear to the Aragorn as he ran for Frodo; He caught it and slid under the troll, stabbing it with the spear. The blade wasn’t strong enough to cut through the Trolls thick leathery skin, but it was keeping the brute at bay. Eadlyn sighed thinking things where under control, however the relief was misplaced, the troll swung it’s great arm flinging Aragorn to the side and into a wall. Frodo ran to him and tried to shake him awake but Aragorn was in a deep daze, the troll picked up the spear and headed for the two of them. “shit” Eadlyn muttered quietly running at full speed to Frodo & Aragorn, she stood over them pulling her axe out of its holster on her hip she blocked the troll as he swung her spear at her, “run Frodo, go!” she called as her legs shook beneath the weight of the troll. Frodo nodded and ran, the troll’s eyes followed him, and with a quickly swing Eadlyn was flung across the room, gritting her teeth as she skid against the rough and broken floor. The troll managed to corner Frodo and with a quick move, stabbed the spear into his chest. The troll jabbed him again just for the sun of it, sneering proudly as he did so.

The fight seemed to stop as the fellowship looked on, Eadlyn rolled over onto her stomach and screamed out, hoping to her feet she ran for them, but was blocked by a goblin who brought her into a fight. The party’s daze did not last long, merry and Pippin jumped onto the back of the Troll stabbing him repeatedly with their short swords, Boromir and Aragorn got back to their feet and raged into the battle creating a clear path to the troll. Gandalf threw himself into the scrimmage as well, Sam, Gimli and Legolas followed shortly after. The troll let go of the spear leaving it jutting out of Frodo’s chest, Gandalf and Gimli took turn weaving in and out cutting the trolls legs “Legolas!” Eadlyn called from the upper level swinging a grappling hook around in a circle. Legolas nodded and took aim at the Troll as he did so Eadlyn tossed the hook onto his shoulder using the free end of the rope to swing onto it’s back. Digging her nails into its rocky skin she climbed up to its head. Legolas released his arrow hitting the giant in the top of its skull. Eadlyn let out a battle cry before slamming the hilt of her elven blade into the arrow like a hammer to a nail, forcing the arrow into the Trolls brain past its skull. The troll reached for it’s head looking at the blood on its finger tips in shock, vesting it’s eyes to the sky it began to fall backwards. Eadlyn yelped as she was going down with it, when the troll crashed down it laid upon her torso, the impact knocked the she ranger out. Gandalf, the hobbits, Aragorn, and Gimli ran to Frodo, while Legolas and Boromir worked on getting Eadlyn from under the troll.

Legolas woke Eadlyn and she looked around dazed, shaking her head her vision stopped spinning “did you hit your head?” Boromir asked urgently Legolas gently ran his hand into her hair, moving and parting it “I don’t know” Eadlyn groaned “No…you’re fine” Legolas muttered pulling away from her. Looking up Eadlyn could see everyone crowding around Frodo whom had slumped over, his face hidden from the others. “no” Eadlyn said only just above a whisper, as everything came flooding back to her, “no!” she called loud using her arms trying to push herself up, but the troll was too large and to heavy. Eadlyn tried to kick her legs beneath the troll but she could not move those either “Get this thing off of me!” She called clawing at the ground anything to drag her body out, she needed to get to Frodo, she was not going to fail again.

“Calm down you’ll only cause yourself injury!” Boromir said trying to lift up the troll with the help of Legolas, but neither of the Males could lift it high enough to free her on their own, Eadlyn stopped kicking and squirming, her ponytail had set free during the battle and her hair now hide her face as she looked down, overcome. Aragorn held his breath as he rolled Frodo over, and to everyone’s surprise a gasp of air came from the hobbits mouth. Eadlyn’s ears picked up the small sound and she snapped her head up, watching them blankly. Boromir let go of the troll leaving the weight for Legolas to hold, the Elf prince struggled holding it enough so it would not continue to crush the small female below him, but smiled in relief that the hobbit was ok. “he’s alive!” Sam called out in pure shock. Aragorn shook his head in amazement “I’m alright…I’m not hurt” Frodo said just as stunned as everyone else. "You should be dead! That spear would have skewered a wild boar." Aragorn breathed "I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye." Gandalf said resting on his staff. Legolas struggled to hold up the troll, Eadlyn grabbed his calf and rubbed it “put it down…I can stand it for a while” She said before giving him a stern look “you’ll break your pretty back otherwise” she added in, Legolas nodded and dropped the trolls full weight on Eadlyn. Frodo had opened up his shirt to reveal Bilbo’s Mithril shirt "Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins." Gimli gasped, Frodo looked around and spotted Eadlyn under the troll. Jumping off of the ground he ran over to her, He opened his mouth but Eadlyn stopped him “I am fine…” She said feeling ridiculous for being stuck under the troll. Frodo looked around at everyone “I’m ok…get her out from under there!” He called with wide eyes. Eadlyn chuckled and shook her head, touching Frodo’s face “I’m glad you’re alright” She said, Frodo smiled back and put his hand over hers. “alright come on, Boromir grab it’s arm, Legolas, the other arm, Gimli & I will get the feet, On the third count..Pull her out” Aragorn said taking his position, the others took their places and the hobbits took Eadlyn’s arms. As the guys lifted the troll (with great trouble) the hobbits pulled Eadlyn out. She rolled onto her back and bit her arm, screaming into it, as her other arm had fall back out of socket. “set it…” she mumbled through biting her hand, Aragorn quickly went to her and popped it back in joint. Eadlyn sighed and got to her feet, holding her arm. “we need to go….” She said looking around at all of the dead bodies. "To the Bridge of Khazad-dûm!" Gandalf called out. As the party took off running.

Swiftly the Company ran through the great all of pillars, Gandalf’s staff lighting the way, Behind them a horde of Orcs, Eadlyn skidded to a stop as, she noticed the Goblins ahead of them, crawling down from the pillars like the pests they were. Frodo stood behind her as the Goblins began to close in. the Orcs followed behind them, the Fellowship gathered together back to back, looking at the army that surrounded them. Eadlyn drew the hobbits closer to her, drawing in a deep breath she drew from her body a shriek so loud and penetrating that it rivaled that of the Fell beasts; the great mounts of the Nazgul. The Orcs stumbled back a bit, a few in the back of their ranks looked to the ceiling looking for the wyverns. As she cried out again Gimli yelled with her, trying to strike fear into the Army. As Eadlyn’s cry died down, a great rumble emerge from the bowels of the mines, the orc & goblin army looked around in fear, before retreating, fleeing quickly. Gimli chuckled to himself, Eadlyn looked down at him “…Gimli…that wasn’t due to merely us…” Eadlyn said slowly turning around. Gandalf followed her movements and looked down the hall with weary eyes. A bright red and orange hued light was glinting in the distance, getting closer; the light was of pure fire. "What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked the wizardly quiet. Gandalf closed his eyes and hung his head a bit, the mines rumbled again. Gandalf side glanced at Eadlyn, whose eyes were locked onto the light. Her heart raced with trepidation and disquiet , and yet, deep within her, a fire was burning, a fire that matched that of the Alpha wolf who want to protect its title. Her eyes burned with the same hue as the light, breathing out a little puff of black smoke, like warm breath in a frosty room, floated from her lips, she began to shift her weight from one leg to the other. “"A Balrog, a demon of the ancient world." Gandalf muttered turning “ what the devil is wrong with her?” Gimli asked looking between Eadlyn and the light that was growing ever nearer. “ Balrogs are competitive beasts…” Gandalf said, “there is not time for that now…things will be explained at better times….” Gandalf said darkly, The Balrog growled in the distance, Legolas’ eyes grew wide as it’s shadow came into view. "This foe is beyond any of you… Run!" Gandalf called, Frodo tugged at Eadlyn’s arm she drew herself away from the allure of the Balrog and followed her company.

"Quickly!" Gandalf called as her herded the group through a very small corridor, taking once last glance behind him before following after them. Boromir lead the group as they ran down a flight of stair, but out of fear he failed to see the broken segment in the stairs, as he went to fall over the edge, Legolas grabbed him, back “keep sharp!” Eadlyn called turning down an unbroken part of the stairs, now leading the group herself. "Gandalf!" Aragorn called, looking back at the tired wizard. "Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!" Gandalf called Eadlyn looked again of her, she could see a wide open cavern, and a bridge spanning across it, it lied between a great hall and a crumbling cliff. The Balrog roared loudly yet again, this caused Eadlyn to halt herself, Frodo nearly ran into her, she looked back and tilted her head, Frodo grabbed her arm, and tugged trying to get her to start running again “No! come on” He called tugging “we’ve got to keep going! Eadlyn!” He called trying to snap her out of it. “Legolas!’ Aragorn called running past her, Legolas nodded and ran to Eadlyn picking her up he carried her around his shoulders like a scarf, holding onto her arms and legs. They kept running. “put me down!” Eadlyn hissed, ripping her hands free from Legolas’ arms she dug her nails into his shoulder, cringing the elf let her down looking at her in disbelief, growls were escaping her throat and she turned back to face the direction of the Balrog, “just keep going” Boromir told Legolas before heading down another flight of large stairs after Aragorn and the hobbits, Legolas waiting there a moment before following after Gimli. Gandalf stopped in front of Eadlyn “leave it child…leave it or Sauron will win you” Gandalf warned. Eadlyn returned to herself, holding a ashamed look on her face, she quickly ran to the others. There was another large gap in the stairs, Legolas effortlessly jumped it “Gandalf” He called urging the Wizard to jump, the Balrog rumbled again, he was much closer now, as this rumble caused the caver to crumble in some sections. Gandalf jumped across the gap and was caught by Legolas Orcs appeared from the ledges of the Surrounding cave cliffs, their arrows whizzed through the air, with poor aim as they tried to shoot the Fellowship. Legolas hastily notched an arrow into his own bow and fired, taking out one of the archers. Boromir grabbed onto Merry and Pippin one under each of his arms, before jumping across the gap, Aragorn went to pick up Gimli "Nobody tosses a dwarf." He said holding up his hand, Aragorn backed and away and smirked in amusement. Gimli tried to leap across the gap, but was just a little short; Legolas quickly grabbed Gimli by his beard and pulled him back.

Now Aragorn, Sam, Frodo, and Eadlyn where left, “come on Sam” Eadlyn called preparing to toss him over to the others, as she went to take his hand, the Balrog roared and stomped, he shook the cave and a large boulder fell from the ceiling. “Look out!” Aragorn called as he and Eadlyn pushed the remaining hobbits and themselves out of the boulders away. The large rock smashed into the stairs making the gap that much bigger. Sam looked at the new widened gap in dismay. Eadlyn smirked and held her hand out to Sam “y-you can’t toss me that far” he stumbled. Eadlyn laughed “no” she said slyly kneeling down “hop on” she said holding her arms behind her piggy back style. “Go Sam” Frodo urged, Sam was fearful but got onto her back. Eadlyn made sure he was secure, and then walked back past Frodo and Aragorn. “What are you?” Sam started to ask, but Eadlyn took off running with her full speed, her right foot landed on the edge of the stairs with her left foot she kicked off hard, Sam yelled and closed his eyes as the two went soaring over the gap. Eadlyn landed like a cat on all fours, Sam climbed off of her stunned. Eadlyn stood up fully and laughed a bit, however her laughter was stunted as another boulder was shaken loose by the Balrog’s rumble. It crashed into the stairs behind Frodo & Aragorn, causing the segment they stood on to rock back and forth. "Hang on! Lean forward!" Aragorn said to Frodo, as they did so the stairs began to move towards the other side, leaning, “come on!” Legolas called out to them, the stairs crashed onto the other side, Legolas caught Aragorn, and Eadlyn Frodo, she set him down, casting one last glance at the light of the Balrog before running off with the rest of the fellowship.

They rounded a pillar, barely missing the flames of the Balrog that had caught up with them, "Over the bridge! Fly!" Gandalf called, Eadlyn stopped however and gazed at the fire, Gandalf ushered her to run, and she did as told. Gandalf turned to face the wall of fire, Eadlyn stopped running not to far away from him to watch. Out of the flames, with eyes of white hot fire, horns of the devil and a body made of pure shadow, Towering over the Wizard like a mountain. There stood the Balrog, It opened its jaws, undulated heat hammering out of its mouth as it roared. Gandalf turned, running after the Fellowship. A enormous, black, cloven foot plodded down into the hall, igniting into flame. In the fiery light Eadlyn could spot a narrow bridge, the fellowship crossed it as quickly as possible, Eadlyn ushered the others ahead of her, she stopped as she heard Gandalf stop in the middle of the bridge turning to face the monster. "You cannot pass!" Gandalf called to the beast, It looked at him as if it was shocked at the old man’s boldness. “Gandalf!” Frodo called quite a bit of ways from the Wizard, the fellowship watched in the distance. "I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor…" Gandalf called as the Balrog set itself a flame in a show of power. "The dark fire will not avail you! Flame of Udûn!" Gandalf called out, The Balrog struck down on Gandalf, Gandalf block with his blade, shattering the Balrog's sword. Embers circled around him before they died out in the air. Furious the Balrog rumbled. Frodo watched on with large eyes. Aragorn ran forward yet stopped with the Balrog roared yet again, taking out a large fiery whip. Eadlyn looked on quietly, trying to keep herself at bay looking up at the Balrog. In its eyes of fire, she saw the Eye. “Eadlyn” Sauron’s voice whispered in her ear, she tilted her said a bit going into a daze she started walking as thought she didn’t want to, “Eadlyn” He called gain, she walked past Gandalf who grabbed her arm before she could walk up to the Balrog.

The Monster flailed it Flame whip around lashing it into the abyss below them Gandalf pushed Eadlyn behind him raising both staff and sword into the air before the monster "You… shall not….pass!" he called out slamming his staff into the ground a bright light came from the bottom of staff, and like the force of an explosive pulsed back the Balrog. The beast snarled and flared its nostrils growling, taking a heavy step forward; the bridge fell apart under the Balrog’s weight. The Balrog fell back into the crumbling bridge, going down into the deep black gulch Gandalf turned and pushed Eadlyn ahead of him, heading back for the Fellowship. A loud cracking noise filled the air, the Balrogs fiery whip flew out from the darkness ad wrapped around Gandalf’s leg pulling him back, Gandalf held onto the ledge, his gripp slipping, Frodo tore away from Aragorn and ran forward, “no!” Boromir called grabbing the hobbit keeping him back “Gandalf!” Frodo called Eadlyn shook her head and went to help Gandalf up, she grabbed his hand a pulled, but the Balrog still had the whip around his legs, and as the monster fell it became more and more impossible to pull the wizard. Eadlyn’s feet began to slide towards the edge as she fought against the pull of the Balrog. Gandalg’s hands began to slip through her grasp. Gandalf looked into Eadlyn eyes “I will return” He said before looking to Frodo Eadlyn looked down at him confused, grinding her teeth she backed up a bit trying to hold on "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf called before purposely letting go of Eadlyn’s hands. “no!” she called running to the edge, Legolas spotted her movements and ran out to the bridge, he reached out and grabbed her hair, as she went to leap down into the chasm after the wizard, wrapping his hand in her long thick hair he yanked her backwards and into his arms, locking himself around her as he ran. Eadlyn kicked and screamed in his arms. “Let me loose!” She called “ Legolas ran past Aragorn whom was in a daze, “Aragorn!” Boromir called to him gathering up the hobbits and shepherding them to go on. Aragorn snapped out of it had reached out, grabbing a horrified Frodo, before running off into the mines and up a flight of stairs