Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

The Lady of Light, Galadriel

Eadlyn kicked furiously as Legolas carried her out of the Mines, the others following ahead of him. He set her down cautiously as if she would run, furious and eyes glowing white hot fury Eadlyn struck the Elf prince across the face, cursing at him in the Black speech, turning his head. Legolas looked down at her his eyes danced stunned at her action, touching his face, he brought his hand up to look at his fingers tiny droplets of blood were on his finger tips. Eadlyn had felt o her knees at the cave’s exit. Her fingers dug into the dirt grasping it, she screamed at the top on her lungs, in frustration. Boromir held Gimli back as he vented out in pure anger, Merry held pippin who sobbed over the lost of Gandalf on the ground, Sam kept to himself quietly weeping. Aragorn watched the group, such strong warriors brought to their knees and yet they still had so far to go. But where was Frodo? Looking up Aragorn found the hobbit, off on his own, as Frodo looked back at the ranger, a single tear rolled down his face, making a clean streak through the dirt.

Frodo’s eyes landed on Eadlyn who was reduced to her knees, He slowly began to walk over to her, but as her yelling turned into Sobs, the Hobbit broke into a sprint. He ran to her and quickly moved under her arms, hugging her side. Eadlyn wrapped her arms around him and cried into his hair, as she felt his own silent tears soak through her clothing. “it’s my fault…Eadlyn, I chose the mines…I’m so sorry” He thought to her grasping the fabric of her cloak tightly “no…Gandalf knew what he was doing…it’s no one’s fault….nay….it’s Saruman’s fault” she whispered getting herself together she played with Frodo’s hair. He looked up at her. "Legolas, get them up." Aragorn called, Eadlyn looked over her shoulder at the ranger before getting to her feet, Frodo followed her. "Give them a moment, for pity's sake!" Boromir called to Aragorn, an incredulous smile coming to face. "By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs!” Aragorn yelled as means of venting a bit of his own grief, but he soon saw that it was misplaced “We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Rider, get them up." Aragorn said again. Eadlyn walked over to Sam “come now Sam…” She said helping him to his feet, Boromir pulled Merry and Pippin to their feet. Eadlyn flagged them over to her side. “it’s going to be alright…I am sure…Gandalf knew what he was doing…but we cannot stay here…Strider is right?” Eadlyn said kneeling at their level; she looked up at Aragorn before rising to her feet. In the distance she could see Iluad galloping over the horizon.

With the hobbits riding with her Eadlyn rode Iluad across a grassy field, while the others ran, open spaces where not good for them, now that they knew the Enemy new of their plans. Not too far off laid the Golden wood, Lothlorien. Eadlyn had an uneasy filling in the pit of her stomach. Elves rarely welcomed her into their lands and many where hostile to her. She halted Iluad in front of the forest and looked up at the towering tree’s. Aragorn looked back at her in confusion, The rangers eyes locked, not wanting to look any frailer than she had back in the caves, Eadlyn flicked Iluad’s reigns and headed into the forest. They walked through the dense woods for hours. Eadlyn and the hobbits dismounted Illuad to stretch their legs and walk. Eadlyn’s eyes darted all over the forest. Sticking Close to Legolas & Aragorn, whom were friends to many Elf.

"Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell…" Gimli called gathering the hobbits nearer to him. Eadlyn was unsettled by his words. “Eadlyn…” a voice called hauntingly so, the she ranger looked around for someone but no one was there, Frodo had also looked around. "…and are never seen again." Gimli added. Eadlyn flinched as the voice came back “You bring great danger here….turn back, for with you comes the site of the Eye….watcher…wrath…” The voice called. Eadlyn shivered slightly ad looked around again. Aragorn laid a hand on her shoulder making her jump. “Are you alright?” he asked Eadlyn’s eyes where wide but she nodded stiffly, jerking her shoulder away from him. “fine…I’m fine” she managed. "Mister Frodo?" Sam asked seeing Frodo was acting strange, Frodo looked back at him his eyes showing great fear. “I can hear things Sam…” He whispered to his friend. "Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" Gimli bragged, but no one had time to register what he said, as Arrows were pointed at the party’s faces. A hooded elf had an Arrow pointed straight at Eadlyn's heart. Legolas as quick as his counter parts had an arrow notched and aimed at the rival elves.

"The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." A elf with hair to blonde it was almost white, said walking through the archer elves. Their captain it would have appeared. His eyes landed on Eadlyn and he glared at her hatefully. The elves guided the party almost like prisoners through the forest until they reached a platform. The area was far thicker than the portion of the forest they had been walking in. so much so that it blocked out the sun light. The Elf Captain ordered his men to lower their bows and walked up to Legolas, and Aragorn, Legolas had positioned himself in front of Eadlyn Protectively, He had seen the Elves cruelty to her before. “Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.” The Captain said Legolas looked up at the Captain with wide eyes, he knew this elf this was true, but even still he took a step back closer to Eadlyn.

“Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.” Legolas said, Haldir nodded at him and glanced at Eadlyn coldly before giving his attention to Aragorn. “ah, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.” Haldir said sending a warning glance to a young elf archer behind him who was looking at Eadlyn with malice. “Haldir” Aragorn said with a deep nod. "So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves!” Gimli said in a huff, Haldir looked at the dwarf sharply, towering above him "We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days." Haldir said un-amused by Gimli’s outburst. "And you know what this Dwarf says to that?” Gimli said before spitting at the ground “I spit upon your grave!” He said. Haldir sneered in disgust at the dwarf. "That was not so courteous." Aragorn hissed grabbing Gimli, “but neither are they” Eadlyn muttered to Legolas, while eyeing the archers whom leered at her.

Frodo walked up behind Eadlyn Sam following him. The sudden movement caught Haldir’s attention. "You bring great evil with you." He said eyes wide as he spotted the chain leading to the ring, like every other creature he could feel the power of the ring, and knew it was there even though it could not be seen. He then cast his eyes to Eadlyn who glowered at him darkly. “you can go no further” He said turning to Aragorn. Frodo looked up at Eadlyn who stood awkwardly holding onto Illuad’s reigns. He inched closer to her feeling rather uncomfortable himself. Aragorn quickly pulled Haldir to the side, and the two males argued to one another. “Maybe I should just leave…back track and take the path around Lorien…and meet you all back in the Anduin” Eadlyn said while the two went at it. “don’ let these snobby pointy eared’s run you off” Gimli said leering at the archers around them. “That’s a preposterous idea..you need lorien as a safe place to rest as much as any of us here…Aragorn will get him to let us pass” Legolas said, Eadlyn shook her head “It doesn’t feel right here I would fare better on my own…it would get the rest of you in faster as well..I am one less threat if I leave…” She said looked down at Frodo “the ring holds a scarier threat to them as it is, I do not need to linger and make things worse” She added. “no, you have to stay with us…remember we are all supposed to stay together…that’s what Gandalf said” Frodo said almost sternly, Eadlyn looked down at him blankly “but he would understand, I won’t be gone long just for the night” Eadlyn said calmly. There was another loud outburst. Legolas looked from Eadlyn to Frodo, who turned his head away, Sam, Merry and Pippin all seemed slightly offended as well.

"Gandalf's death was not in vain… nor would he have you give up hope." Boromir spoke going to Frodo’s side. Eadlyn watched him carefully after the event on the mountain; she wasn’t sure he could yet be trusted. "You carry a heavy burden, Frodo… don't carry the weight of the dead." Boromir said before looking up at the arguing pare. He sighed and shook his head going to sit down on a root. Eadlyn paced back and forth pasted Frodo ad Legolas, Frodo watched her feet as she was leaving a track in the ground. “you’ll pace yourself right to the center of the earth” Frodo said with a withered smile. Eadlyn looked down at her feet and the hole her pacing had made in the soil. Legolas took Eadlyn's had and pulled her closer to him. “you made even myself dizzy” he said softly. Haldir cleared his throat, he stood before the fellowship with an annoyed scowl across his face. “you will follow me” He said pointedly.

Haldir and his Group of Archers lead the fellowship through the forest. Eadlyn stuck close to Legolas for insurance of Protection. It wasn’t long before the group breached the shadowy areas of the forest into the light of the sun. It was well past Mid day and the sun was at the start of setting. Haldir stopped the group, calling Aragorn & Legolas to the front, near him. Eadlyn backed away but Legolas grasped her hand and made her follow him. They stood on a high ridge, bellow in a bowl of woods, there towered a Glade of the tree’s they grew upwards looking like a mountain of pines in the center of the valley. They shimmered in the golden light of the sun. Yet even before something so beautiful, Eadlyn was uncertain and fearful. For it wasn’t the forest she feared, rather than those who lived there in it. "Caras Galadhon… the heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Haldir said before leading the group down the hill. Eadlyn paused and fell back. “lady of light” She thought frowning slightly now she knew she had no such place here. She gripped onto Iluad’s reigns. The Mare snorted and pawed at the ground feeling her riders wariness. Legolas came back over the Hill for her, “do not be afraid..your friends are with you” He said beckoning for her to follow. With a deep sighed she continued on after them.

Now Inside the enormous Glade, Haldir’s party lead the fellowship up a winding road, a stair case like path that coiled up the great trees. Night fell, and the Blue heavenly glow of the elven lights was haunting, the path never seemed to end. Far above, from where they began, the silhouetted shapes of the shadowy tree-branches impended. The Fellowship followed Haldir past numerous platforms, before coming to a great palace in the trees, lit with silver lights. A curving walkway, low stairs and a beautiful archway lie in front of them. Eadlyn looked on in amazement, it was beautiful, and for a moment she had forgot about her fears .Haldir walked off to the side, leaving the fellowship to gather together. Eadlyn hide in the very back, being blocked from view by the males, whom where taller than her. As she peered through the gapes she could spot a couple almost floating down the stairs, they were the pure image of grace as they where shinning under the lights, both Fairer than the moon and stars themselves. The couple left the fellowship as a whole in complete awe.

The lights died down, Lord & lady stood before the fellowship. The Lady Elf’s eyes fell on Frodo, after she scanned the whole group as if looking for something, or someone. "The Enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone." Celeborn said looking through the fellowship to Eadlyn, she looked off to the side Ill at ease. "nine there are here, yet tennine there were, set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf?" Celeborn asked, Eadlyn looked up sharply leering at the elf lord. He knew, he had to have known, The Lady’s eyes Galadriel, looked to Aragorn whom looked up slightly. "For I much desire to speak with him… I can no longer see him from afar." Celeborn said matter-of-factly "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into shadow." Galadriel said softly, Eadlyn watch the she elf fixedly leering slightly. Aragorn nodded and looked down as grief began to take him again. Legolas looked up "He was taken by both Shadow and Flame….a Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas said, Eadlyn looked up at him glared “does he blame Frodo?” she thought. "Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his whole purpose." Galadriel said calmly glancing at Frodo.

Gimli hung his head in sorrow, not willing to look up at anyone, "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart, Gimli, son of Glóin." The she elf said turning to the dwarf, Gimli looked up in shock. "For the world has grown full of peril. And in all lands, love is now mingled with grief." She added looking Frodo again. Boromir turned his aggrieved face to the Lady, blinking he swallowed hard. But the she elf gazed back intently causing Boromir to look away, and weep. Eadlyn didn’t understand what hold this woman had on her comrades, but she didn’t like it and became edgy, she rested a hand on the hilt of her axe. "What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost." Celeborn said seriously, Eadlyn glared at the ground. "The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." Galadriel spoke, never taking her eyes off the Gondorian. "Yet hope remains while the company is true." She added her eyes fell on Sam and a small smile came to her face, Sam didn’t seem as amused however.

At these words Aragorn turned and looked back at Eadlyn, she looked up at him as if slightly offended the statement would even make him think of her. But she digressed, she was what she was, and she knew deep down, no one within the fellowship put much trust in her. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace." Galadriel said in a more cheery tone. Eadlyn watch her skeptically as she side glanced at Frodo whom seemed to flinch under her gaze. Her eyes then spotted Eadlyn and they became cold and callused. “We know of you Eadlyn…what you are, a Watcher in the Dark…you know of what I speak…stay with the Halflings and bring doom to your companions” she hissed in the she rangers mind.