Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

Dunedain Child

The fellowship was lead back t the ground where they would rest for the night. Eadlyn stood uneased as the elves sang a song in tribute to Gandalf. She looked at her hands, flexing them, with each day that went by they were turning a deep dark pewter color. She looked to Legolas, “I need a bath…you’ve been here before…is there a river or pond?” She asked. Legolas got up from his seat where he had been talking with the hobbits and walked over to her. “there is this way” He said leading her. The two of them came to a small pond mist seemed to over it, a enchanted waterfall seemed to fall from the air into the pond creating the mist. Eadlyn set free her midnight mane of hair and it cascaded over her body, she then slipped free of her bloody and torn cloths. Legolas went to walk away “wait” she called turning to looked back at him. “you’ll need a towel and a robe, I am sure I can get those from the elves. I’ll return” He said with a lightly amused smile before walking off.

Eadlyn slipped into the misty waters, shivering at first in the cold, she could hardly see through the thick white curtain that loomed in the air. She could hear footfalls nearing closer to her, she turned in the distance at the shore of the small pond stood Aragorn, He watched her amazed and in a light daze. The silver lights bounced off of her skin and through the mist gave her an halo like crown above her head. Eadlyn watched him blankly. He went to speak but no words came out. Eadlyn’s wet hair thick as tar covered her vitals. “Strider?” she asked, but he didn’t speak. He just watched mesmerized by her, for what reason he didn’t know. In the water she looked like a statue, stained with wood paint, Eadlyn slowly walked closer to the shore. “are you alright?” she asked slowly. Aragorn's eyes locked onto hers. He flinched as a vision of the great ye came to his mind “She is mine” Sauron’s voice growled distortedly in his mind. Aragorn backed away slowly, “strider?” she asked again reaching out for him, but he bolted and ran, in his mind he could see the white city on fire, and hear it’s people screaming, his people. Eadlyn watched bewildered as the ranger ran away. Her heart fluttered slightly.

Legolas returned to Eadlyn with a smile on his face, yet with him he had no towel or robe. “I thought you said-“ she started but he hushed her. “come with me…I worked something out” He said draping his green cloak around her, he lead her up a stair way. On the platform lie a bath, made of porcelain & Oliphant Ivory. Steam rose from above the water and a she elf played a harp in the background. Eadlyn looked over the room in confusion “how did you get this?” she asked. Legolas lead her to the bath “Prince precedes my name” He said simply into her ear. He gently removed his cloak from Eadlyn’s body and took it to a nearby stool; Eadlyn eased into the hot water and closed her eyes. Trying not to feel awkward she had been nude in front of Legolas before, in her past, but never in front of anyone else, let alone a she elf. Eadlyn felt inadequate compared to their kind. Legolas walked to the edge of the tube, and watch over her respectfully yet in a protective manner, Eadlyn took a cloth from a small wooden stand next to the tub and dipped it in the water; she lifted it to Legolas’ face whipping away the dirt. He looked down at her tenderly and smiled.

Eadlyn found herself not able to make eye contact with him, she felt guilty for being in the warmth of the water, and the words she was about to utter, made her nerves stand on end. “Join me…this water won’t be arm long…and it’s relaxing…” She said with much less effort than her mind had expected. Legolas looked taken aback, and his mind wandered, however Eadlyn held no look of mis-intent . He nodded ad stood up, un latching the buttons of his over shirt, it slid to the floor, Eadlyn looked away, Pulling his under shirt over his head that too fell to the floor. With every light thud of a clothing item falling to the floor Eadlyn’s heart beat raced faster. She’s not seen any other creature in their natural form. Yet curiosity over took her and she side glanced. “it’s ok” Legolas said with a light chuckle. Eadlyn timidly look up at him determined not to tear her eyes away from his eyes. He walked nearer to the tub, Eadlyn’s eyes trailed down his chest, He had a sleek and smooth build, yet under it was a soft lining of muscle. Her eyes traveled even further, her face grew hot and she quickly turned away. “you’ve not been circumcised” she asked Legolas chuckled and got into the Tub. “no…the elves regard it as mutilation…and unnatural” He said, Once Eadlyn was sure he was fully covered by the water she went to look at him. He reached for a small metal case on the wooden stand, opening it he scooped out a lavender colored cream, it rubbed it in the palm of his hands, using the water to lather it. “turn around” He called Eadlyn did as she was told.

Legolas ran his hands through Eadlyn’s hair, gently, working the soap into her hair. This took quite a bit of time because of the measure of the she ranger’s hair. Eadlyn became less tense and leaned her back against his chest as he washed her hair. Eadlyn admitted she was impressed by the Harpist whom seemed unfazed by the two as she played. Legolas finished washing her hair and rolled his hands over her shoulders, trailing down her arms. Her skin was soft, much softer than he would have ever thought from merely glancing at her. Heat radiated from her body, much like the fire of the Balrog only, not as hateful and much more forgiving. Eadlyn felt strange, no one had ever dared to get so close to her everyone kept a safe distance, everyone. Even Gandalf who raised her along side Saruman for a good margin of time kept a distance. Eadlyn frowned “No ones held me this close….other than, Sauron” She stated her voice sounded as if her mind was lost somewhere far off. Her words where hollow. Legolas ran his fingers through her hair, parting a strand away from the rest, he began to braid. “every living thing needs physical care and attention…or else its soul will wither and die” Legolas said he leaned forward and looked over her shoulder “you are everything to be feared” He added, Eadlyn frowned and shyed away from him “yet that doesn’t make you evil, not all things of Power are of dark intentions” He added. Eadlyn sat back on her end of the tub, and gazed at him.

“then you know what I am?” she asked slowly. He nodded simply and smiled “I know, from the stories I used to her from my father, when I was younger, I knew who and what you where the moment I found you wandering in Mirkwood.” He said leaning back into the water. Eadlyn stood up grabbing a robed she wrapped herself in it. She walked behind Legolas outside of the tub, kneeling she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and neck, resting her head on one of his shoulders. Legolas reached up and played with her finger tips. Eadlyn voice was void of emotion as she spoke “its…nice” she said slowly Legolas glanced back at her “being closer to someone” she added closing her eyes. Legolas grabbed her hands and held them close to his heart, and the two listened to the music as the Harpist played.

Eadlyn and Legolas returned to the others, Eadlyn was in a pure white robe, as was Legolas. She held her stuff in her bag, setting it down she looked up to see Aragorn watching her, he seemed to be in deep thought. Eadlyn walked over to Boromir, Determined to work out a friendship, she didn’t like him, but for the sake of the fellowship and the bonds needed for it she had to try. He watched her uneasily at first but when he found no threat in her he relaxed. “what is it like in Gondor…I am not welcome there…I’ve not seen it since I was a child” Eadlyn said simply looking up at the trees. Boromir watch her and then a smile came from his face. Gondor is a great strong hold, of little cities bordering the great city” He stated “the white city” Eadlyn muttered Boromir smiled and nodded. “I was banished as a child for what I was…although Gondor was the place I originated before Sauron got his hands on me” Eadlyn said looking at Boromir “I’ve never seen the White city” she said. Boromir laid a hand on her shoulder, When the ring is destroyed, Gondor’s arms will open to you again, and you will see it” He said with a proud smile.

Eadlyn looked over Boromir, he looked tired. She had taken little notice of Aragorn whom had approached them. “take rest…these boarders are safe...I can feel it” Eadlyn said looking around. "I will find no rest here. I heard her voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor.” Boromir said looking the She ranger in the eyes. “She said to me, 'Even now, there is hope left.' But I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope." He added. Eadlyn frowned “you mean back in Gondor?” she asked Boromir nodded. “My father grip over the land is failing, long has he watch over the lands in absence of her king” Boromir stated, Eadlyn nodded and looked at Aragorn, she remembered why she had a slight disdain for him. Her heart ached for the watered down blood line of the Dundain, She wanted more than anything to return to her people and fight for them, she could cast herself into the pits of mount doom and burn as she sank into the lava there in for them. Yet He Aragorn Heir to the very throne of the White halls, denied his rank, his people, and his purpose. While she could only dream of her former home. Aragorn took a seat beside Boromir and sighed under Eadlyn’s heavy gaze.

"My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing. And now our… our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right and I…..I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored." Boromir said, in his words was a passion for his city for his homeland, this made Aragorn fill up with shame, what had he left the city too what ruin had he caused upon it. "Have you ever seen it Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. Its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?" Boromir said in his eyes Eadlyn could see pride and she went off into a daze as the Gondorian painted a picture of the city in her mind. "I have seen the White City, long ago." Aragorn replied his voice detached, he swallowed hard, at the thought of coming closer and closer to the very place he wanted to see no further. "One day, our paths will lead us there. And the tower guard shall take up the call "'The Lords of Gondor have returned!'" Boromir said with a grin, Aragorn nodded and looked away, but his eyes met up with Eadlyn’s. Her white hot eyes burning a hole into his soul. He hated those eyes, those eyes reminded him of who he was and what he had done every time he looked at him, for within her he saw a child of the Dundain, a child whom was less fortune in her fate, a child whom could never return home.
♠ ♠ ♠
One on one time between Legolas & Eadlyn. her history is coming more and more to light along with her past. stay tuned as her story is opening up.

---
As of yet there isn't a set Love Interest for her. although I've got one in mind, feel free to voice your opinions as the tale goes on about who you think she will end up with.