Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

Lothorien, Farewell

Later in the night Eadlyn tossed and turned in her sleep many different visions flying through her mind. In her dreams she saw the Shire, but it was not the cheery warm peaceful little town that she had remembered. It’s pathways and gravel roads where painted red, Hobbit holes had been set to flame, the little shops and store in heaps of stone and wood. Carriages and fences lay splintered across the ground. Halflings where wailing and screaming, and running for their lives. Tears where uprooted, crops where turned to ash. Many lay dead in the streets, severed in halves, or cut wide open. A thick black smoke filled the air and shadow covered all. Over a hill two black riders sat side by side overseeing the scene as orcs ran through the town. Bag End was burning the flames rising into the sky like towers or orange.

The scene changed and the fellowship was bound by chains, being lead along past fiery roads by orcs and goblins. Two large trolls kept watch over the line, the orcs jeered at them, spat at them; one took his spear and stabbed at their feet to make them walk faster. They look injured, and where covered in dirt blood and who knows what else. They were made to kneal before a great dark king, at his side stood Eadlyn, cloaked in black robes, a top her head sat a steel crown, she looked down upon those who she once called comrades with a coldness that had not been seen by the like of Cadharas itself. She looked into the hurt eyes of the fellowship, her friends, Frodo, and Legolas look upon her with hate. Sauron looked down at the fellowship and rose his hand. Orcs lined up behind them with blades. Eadlyn turned behind her to look up at a large towering spike that was being raised behind them. Impaled on it through his rear from was Aragorn died ad limp on the spear like spike. The wails and cried of wemon and children could be heard through the many fires that where around them. Sauron waved his hand was Eadlyn turned back around to look at the fellowship, the Orcs raised their blades ad beheaded them, the scene flashed and revealed the location, they were in the white city, which was now a dirty ashen grey covered in red as it was blazing in the fires of Sauron.

Eadlyn screamed loudly as she awoke from her dreams, Sauron whispering in her ear the black speech, telling her of her fate, who she was, and what was to come. Eadlyn shut her eyes ad grabbed the sides of her head covering her ears. “stop it!” she screamed in her mind a hand rested on her shoulder and she jumped “rider!” Aragorn called his eyes where wide with fear as he watched her tremble and rock. The she ranger looked up at him with wild eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out, and though she kept trying still nothing would exit her lips. The Aragorn looked down at her and his gaze softened He helped her to her feet “calm down..it was just a dream” He said composedly looking her in the eyes, Eadlyn shook her head, “was it?” she asked darkly brushing him off she gathered her things and moved a great distance away from the fellowship. She laid back down with her back turned away from them as well. “Eadlyn” Sauron whispered in the darkest corners of the She rangers mind. She closed her eyes tightly, as bitter tears slipped through her long lashes. She shivered slightly, no it wasn’t cold but the overbearing presence of Sauron looming over her, was enough to make anyone catch a chill. She could hear the heavy footfalls of Boromir behind her as a cloak draped over her small frame. He patted her shoulder and walked back to where he had been seated talking with Aragorn & Legolas. Eadlyn’s eyes opened and her tears stopped. Her rubbed the cloak with her tub gently and in wonder. It had been many years that since she had last received an random act of kindness. In her heart she knew the fellowship was more than just her companions…slowly yet surely, they were becoming her family and she could not fail them. She would not fail them.

Latter in the night, Eadlyn felt two small arms tangle around her waist, and a petite body snuggled beneath her, huddling into her arms like a little bird under its wing. Eadlyn's arms warped over his back and into his hair. “Frodo” she sighed awaking slightly from her sleep. The hobbit said nothing, but gripped her gown tightly and dug his head into her neck. Hiding away under her curtain of black hair. “so you know then now…that I cannot follow you into Mordor” She thought, Frodo nodded “none of those hear can…” She breathed brushing her hair back. “you are strong Frodo…you will be fine…” she muttered. “remember, I see you…in the shadows” She added. Frodo’s grip lessened on her as he began to drift to sleep. “and there I can keep you safe…rest” Eadlyn whispered. She gazed into the night staying as Frodo comfort blanket giving him reassurance in the silence, and yet. She was no were near as sure as her words let on. She could not see what paths lay ahead of them, and this bothered her the most. “Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?” A haunting voice called into Eadlyn’s heart “be gone from me elf witch…” Eadlyn thought in a poisonous hiss before trying to find rest.

The Sun rose, and the more alert of the party began to awake, Aragorn rose first, and had been smoking a pipe while watching over the others, Legolas arose shortly after , then Boromir. Frodo stirred in his sleep and went to curl under the warmth of the she ranger. His eyes flew open when he realized she was gone, raising up be began to look around franticly, he cast his eyes upon those of the fellowship who were already up. Legolas and Aragon simple moved their gaze up to the tree. Sure enough there she stood, high upon a tree branch, watching over them all. She looked down at Frodo, and her blazing white eyes where as dull and as hardened as the stones of Moria. He couldn’t remove his eyes from hers; he knew in these last days, that this might be the last time he got to look into them. However this wasn’t the memory he wanted to be left with. Where was the fire that was there, where had Eadlyn gone.

Eadlyn stood within the tree branches, hiding in what shadow was left as the sun took rise. She watched as her companion stood in front of the Lorien elves, they where cloaked in the robes of the golden wood. They were of soft subtle green with shinning silver veined leaf brooches. Legolas back, up into the trees at Eadlyn, his eyes told her to come down, that it was safe. But she did not trust them. "Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn said slowly to Aragorn as his eyes wandered to the She ranger, whom sunk farther into the shadows out of the fair creature’s sight. Aragorn followed Celeborn’s gaze and frowned “Eadlyn is no harm to us or your people, she fights with us…we all share the same enemy” Aragorn said looking the elf lord in the eye. Celeborn looked away “do not be so sure of her” He added. Legolas watched them before turning his back to them hurt and mildly upset. Eadlyn moved through the tree’s and jumped out from them landing in the boat with Merry and Pippin. Both Hobbits looked up at her and smiled cheerfully. Eadlyn smirked and snickered quietly as she realized Pippin was looking quiet bloated. A hand brushed against hers lightly, entangling it’s fingers with hers, Eadlyn looked up into the blue grey eyes of Legolas he offered her a small smile. He fondly held out a thin slice of rather hard bread, it was like a very large cracker. "Lembas! Elvish Way-bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man." Legolas said with a amused smile. Eadlyn eyed him as he handed her the bread. She frowned a bit in disgust and tossed it into the water as he headed back to the shore. “How many did you eat?" She heard merry mutter to Pippin “four” The hobbit said with a burp, Eadlyn chuckled slightly shaking her head.

Looking up She could spot Boromir talking with Gimli, she turned to her bag and pulled out his cloak. Folding it up neatly, she leapt from the boat to the shore. “um…” She muttered awkwardly walking to the two males. Boromir turned to her with a smile, Eadlyn held out the Cloak “Here’s your cloak back…thank you” She managed with some trouble. Boromir laughed heartily and took it back “think nothing of it, what Gondorian soldier would I be if I sat back and watch an friend freeze in the night” He said with a smile. “friend?” Eadlyn muttered slightly taken back. He nodded “aye, friend” Eadlyn managed to draw a smile to her lips before turning away heading back to the boats.

"Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin." Celeborn said watching Eadlyn intently her eyes were fixated on the river ahead of them, something within her stirred as her eyes searched deep into the distant woods. Frodo looked up at her with concern as he got into the boat with help from Aragorn. Celeborn took one last wary glance at Eadlyn before leading Aragorn a few paces away. "Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the mark of the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open, under the sun, yet these have done so!" Celeborn spoke to Aragorn, Eadlyn’s ears burned as she listened in to the two. Her eyes still focused on the distance. Closing her eyes she tapped into the shadow realm. Her heart knew better, she knew she was putting the fellowship at risk. There was a great chance that this would tell Sauron where they were. But there were things she needed to know. She exhaled uneasily as she felt the change of the world around her. Opening her eyes again a light screech came from her lips, her eyes where wide. Frodo looked up at her knowing where she had gone . Eadlyn peered far into the woods. Her heart raced as she saw large creatures of great strength, monsters, not Orc, nor Man, nor Goblin. Too small to be trolls. They ran tirelessly through the forest, though elegant they were not. They’re skin looked much like Eadlyn’s only it was a murky color, that like of brown marsh mud or tree bark. Their hair as dark as her own. She brought herself back from the shadow realms as what looked like their leader seemed to look her dead in her eyes from the great distance.

Frodo touched Eadlyn’s arm and looked up at her with question. “she looked down at him her eyes still wide but this time with fear. She quickly recovered herself, her eyes narrowed “what are they?” She thought to herself looking off to the side. "Le aphadar aen. You are being tracked." Celeborn warned Aragorn in a light whisper handing him a gift, a well caved dagger. Aragorn looked up at the elf lord with a grave expression. "By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros." Celeborn called out as Aragorn headed over to the boat where Frodo and Eadlyn sat. Aragorn splashed his ore into the waters of the river, leading the fellowship ahead. In a boat behind them Legolas gazed at Eadlyn a slight smile playing on his face, "My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." Galadriel’s voice called in his mind echoing in memory “It will aid you In your journey, and soar your bow to the aid of your allies” He looked to Eadlyn and his smiled faded a bit as her head jerked up and her hand reached for her heart.

A pain surged through Eadlyn’s heart, she quietly gasped for air and shut her eyes tightly. “you bow to me” Sauron warned her, Eadlyn looked up with hollowed eyes “I bow to no one” she thought bitterly at him. Glaring into the distance she looked down at Frodo “ If you wish to help him, you have one of two choices” She could hear Galadriel in her heart, Eadlyn closed her eyes and sighed. “You leave them all…and leave this earth or….you accept who and what you are…and arise into the shadow…” Galadriel added “ or do you still fear the fork in the rode that lies there in…do you fear your fraility” Eadlyn looked up and growled slightly annoyed “I fear not…” she muttered “not?” the elf queen asked sensing the trouble within the She rangers heart. Eadlyn stayed quiet as visions of fire, burning cities, Gothmog, Draugluin, thoughs whom Sauron had betrayed and Conquered. “you with the eyes of Silmaril…the Jewels of Fëanor, the flawed sister” Galadriel called. Eadlyn had had enough she shut down her mind to any unwanted visitors.

Her eyes fell upon Aragorn who was in deep thought, "I have nothing greater to give, than the gift you already bear. Am meleth dîn. I ant e-guil Arwen Undómiel…pelitha. For her love, I fear the grace of Arwen Evenstar… will diminish." The lady of lights words echoed. "Aníron i e broniatha ar periatham amar hen. Aníron e ciratha a Valannor. I would have her leave these shores, and be with her people. I would have her take the ship to Valinor." Aragorn remembered recalling his own words. Aragorn grasped the necklace Arwen gave him. "That choice is yet before her. You have your own choice to make, Aragorn… to rise above the height of all your fathers since the days of Elendil” Aragorn looked up at the river in front of him “or to fall into darkness… with all that is left of your kin." Galadriel’s words echoed softly, Aragorn glanced back at Eadlyn his eyes lingering on her. She looked upon him slowly her eyes piercing into his own like Orthanic Pikes. “and under her glow, she shimmered in the darkness, fell in nature, a fallen star.” He muttered to himself looking away. “Fellstar” Eadlyn thought bitterly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Digging back into the information given by the Books, going as far back to the The Silmarillion where Eadlyn's past lies. Hoping to have her be a very in-depth character into the Middle Earth history. Bringing a different kind of OC.