Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

The Red Dawn

Eadlyn grunted loudly in pain through clenched teeth as one of the ‘Rohirrim’ struck her across her face. She spat the blood from her mouth onto the ground before leering up at him “Tell us what you know spy!” He demanded “I told you I am no spy” Eadlyn said darkly her voice intense as she looked upon him hatefully He struck her again. “You coward” Eadlyn laughed bitterly she looked back up at him struggling against her bonds “you stayed behind when the rest of the Rohirrim followed their captain faithfully…yet you scrape on the hope that you will be counted on as valiant and loyal to the king when this story is retold…” she hissed spitting more blood “but you will be told as fool, all those who where loyal have gone with Eomer…what Soldier are you!” She laughed. The guard quickly got her to her feet; he turned her so that her back as facing him, a secondary guard entered the prison with a whip. The Guard tore her shirt down the back and cut free her Corset, leaving her skin bare. He tied her arms to a hanging rode across the ceiling and she hung there. The Secondary guard lifted the wipe into the air, Eadlyn screamed loudly a wraith cry went out across the land, and into the night as she felt the whip lash across her back, splitting open her skin.

Meanwhile in side of the castle it was eerily quiet, Eowyn tried to find some rest for the night, she had had a busy day in the village but had figured Eadlyn had stayed in the room with Theodred. As her eyes began to close and she let sleep carry her, a cry pierced the night. Eowyn quickly at up in her bed startled. She slid into her slippers and threw on her night cloak, darting into the halls. As she ran to Theodred’s room another cry filled the air, a light thud came from behind the door. Eowyn quickly opened it to reveal Theodred lying on the floor on one knee. She ran to his side and helped him to his feet. “What?” she asked however another cry cut her question short. Theodred still unable to speak looked at his cousin; the both new Eowyn set her cousin back down in the bed and tucked him in quickly. He hadn’t taken notice on just how much worse in health he had looked compared to the other day. “You don’t need to go, I will” She said quickly before racing out of the room. She scaled down the steps to the castle and ran through the sleeping village. A few lanterns lit as the nosey villagers started to investigate the noise. A guard halted Eowyn as she ran towards the prison. “I’m sore mi’lady but you may go o further…orders of Grima wormtounge” He said sternly. The shield maiden glared at him “this is madness! You know rider! You know her…she rode with you long ago!” Eowyn barked the guard was unmoved “Please go back to the castle” He ordered, Eowyn went to speak as Eadlyn’s cries got louder, she looked past the guard and to the closed door horrified at what she was hearing.

”No!” Frodo yelled as he awoke in the night with a start, he looked around breathing heavily. Getting up he sat with his knees drawn to his chest, folding his arms over the top of his knees he rested his head over his arms. “it was just a dream” He said to himself, and yet he couldn’t get the image out of his mind, as deep red lashes, long pain gashes shown in his mind, and her soulless white eyes. Frodo shivered, He reached for the ring and caressed it. Maybe he could put it on just for a little while, and see for himself…just to be sure. Surely a few seconds wouldn’t tipp the enemy off of where they were. His eyes where fixed on the ring as cried filled his ears, he shut his eyes tightly and grabbed his head willing it to stop but he could still hear them. “mister Frodo?” Sam asked quietly resting his hand on the hobbits shoulder. Frodo jumped slightly and got to his feet “Sam!” he said in shock “I’m sorry” Sam said timidly “I didn’t mean to give you a fright..it just you were actin’ strange is all” Sam added in. Frodo quickly placed the ring back under his shirt and looked back in the direction they had came “I’m fine…I just…it was just a bad dream…” he uttered his voice trailing off with a crack as he tried to hide the water that was stinging his eyes. “a dream…” He muttered softly going back to his resting place.

Eowyn continued to argue with the guard, who was becoming increasingly impatient with her as she was causing a scene. “you cannot pass through here!” The guard yelled “then let me pass” A horse, a weakened voice called. Eowyn turned to look behind her. Theodred made his way through the small crowd of on lookers, propping his nearly limp body up with a walking stick as he struggled to move forward. Eowyn ran to him, he nearly collapsed into her arms as she went to support his body weight. “Lord Theodred” The guard said in awe. Another scream came from the Prison, Theodred raised his head and glared at the guard, “let us pass…or let Rider free” He demanded but his voice and appearance failed the effect he so desired to give. He went to take a step forward and his legs gave way beneth him, Eowyn could not support all of his body weight and he fell to the ground, slowly he loss consciousness. “Theodred!” Eowyn called before looking up at the guard hatefully “look what you’ve done! The King will have your head for this!” she called signaling for a few of the other on looking guards to help lift the Princes body and take him back to his room. As she followed them she took one final glance at the Prison.

"Merry! Merry!" Pippin called crawling quietly over to the hobbit whom lay in the grass. Merry looked up at Pippin his eyes unfocused. He was tired, and very I’ll from the ‘draught’ the Uruks had forced him to take. "I think we might have made a mistake, leaving the Shire, Pippin." He said lowly Pippin looked down at him hopelessly. Loud moans and grumbles haunted the night air. They were angry in nature, deep and bellowing. As an Orc hacked at the branches of one of the great tree’s the lined the border into a forests, the groaning got louder. "What's making that noise?" Pippin asked fearfully, Merry alert now raised his head and looked around, his eyes landed on the trees "It's the trees." He said wonder filled his voice; Pippin looked back at the forest behind him ‘what?” He asked turning back to his cousin, whom had to have gone mad from exhaustion, trees don’t make noise, not unless they fall down. "You remember the Old Forest? On the borders of Buckland? Folks used to say that there was something in the water that made the trees grow tall, and come alive." Merry said tearing his eyes away from the forest, “alive?” Pippin asked, at any other time he would have thought Merry was pulling his leg. However Merry’s eyes held no lie in them, and now was not a time for jokes. Merry nodded "Trees that could whisper….talk to each other.” Merry said his eyes searching the forest “Even move." He said, Pippin’s eyes where the size of saucers. “tree that could move?” He thought.

"I'm starved. We ain't had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days!" One of the Uruks roared drawing the hobbits attention away from the woods. "Yeah! Why can't we have some meats?" a scrawny little called Snaga called behind the Uruk. His eyes landed on the Hobbits whom looked up at the group of monsters in fear. "What about them? They're fresh!" Snaga gurgled with a grin, licking his lips in hunger. Ugluk pushed his way through the herd of Uruks , "They are not for eating!" He called, the chieftain was very unpleased. They had already lost the Watcher to return to Saruman without the Halflings was not an option. Grishnakh looking for any chance he could get to annoy Ugluk walked forward eying the hobbits "What about their legs? They don't need those. Ooh! They look tasty!" He called heading for Merry and Pippin, the two hobbits back up and bit closer to each other. Unsure of what their fate was going to be. Would hunger or purpose lead these beasts to their decisions? "Get back, scum! The prisoners go to Saruman. Alive and unspoiled." Ugluk called shoving Snaga Grishnakh back, Mauhur over hearing the conversation had made his way over to Ugluk, leering at the lesser orcs. "Alive? Why alive? Do they give good sport?" Grishnakh asked determined to be a bother, and hunger wasn’t making him any more reasonable. After all he was smarter than the big brutes that opposed him, why listen to them, why bend to their will. What did they know of such matters. "They have something. An Elvish weapon. The master wants it for the war." Mauhur barked equally impatient with the ‘Orc-maggots’.

Pippin leaned over to Merry slowly, never taking his eyes off of the Uruks "They think we have the Ring." He whispered Merry looked down at the ground "Shhh! As soon as they find out we don't, we're dead." Merry muttered glancing quickly at Pippin for a brief moment. Pippin nodded and became quiet watching the Uruks and the Orcs argue amongst themselves. Snaga rolled his faded yellow eyes and sneered, drawing out his dagger he slowly advanced towards the hobbits "Just a mouthful. A bit off the flank." He said ignoring the Uruk leaders. Ugluk sneered he had finally had enough, with one quick movement he brought his blade down across the Orcs’s neck. With a heavy thud Snaga’s head rolled across the ground, leaving a thick train of black blood behind it, for a while his eyes still darted around, they fell on the hobbits before the life faded from them. Ugluk sneered satisfied with his work. Mauhur laughed heartily through his natural growl he picked up Snaga’s head and help it in the air by what few strands of hair it had. In victory he exclaimed "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!" without hesitation the Uruks rushed Snaga’s body, tearing and ripping at the limbs and insides of the fallen Orc, eating of the flesh raw and uncooked like a pack of wild dogs. Merry and Pippin watch in revulsion at the scene in front of them.

"Pippin, let's go!" Merry urged quietly seeing a chance to escape. As they crawled away from the Uruks, their path was blocked by an armor clad foot. Their eyes trailed up the leg and into the eyes of Grishnakh "Go on, call for help. Squeal! No one's gonna save you now!" He said with hungry eyes, and it was true, the Uruks were far too focused on feeding. As Grishnakh reached his knife down to Merry’s face he began to curdle, cracking sounds came from his body as a spear was trusted through his chest. The hobbits watch amazed but wasted no time in crawlings away. An army of Horse riders road through the Uruk came killing as they went on, the Uruks were caught off guard and stood little chance. Merry and Pippin found a fallen sword, working quickly the used it to cut their bonds and began to run for the forest. Pippin tripped over a dead Orc and fell on his stomach “Pippin!” Merry called out as a rider nearly ran over the fallen hobbit. Pippin rolled onto his back and the horse reared before bringing his hooves downward towards the hobbit.

Dawn, the run rose into the sky, it pace seemed slow and the whole world seemed to stand still. Eowyn wept silently over Theodred’s bed his hand clasped in hers. He was cold, and no movent rose from his body. Tears slowly rolled down her face, the Cries from the prison had died down late into the night “may haps they passed together….I pray against it….let one have been spared” Eowyn thought as more tears fell from her eyes, they landed on the blankets of the bed. Then again…to see the she rangers reaction to this death…what fury would reign down upon the city…would it bring forth her nature. Would her hate burn so much for for the race of men now? Or would her instinctual love for them, the love the drives within her form the blood of her for fathers over take the hate that is rightful. What was Rohan to do with an Ill king…no prince, and the right full remaining heir banished…was this a victory for Grima.

Legolas stopped running after Aragorn, the group had run straight through the night, he looked to the rising sun, his heart sank nearly to the bottom of his stomach as he gazed at the brilliant crimson morning. "A red sun rises. Blood has been spilt this night." He said softly, the wind began to pick up, Aragorn tore his eyes away from the sunrise, the thundering of hooves, a great Calvary was on its way. Without words the three friends took refuge behind the large rocks. Aragorn focused heavily on the army as they rode past, He knew that armor, however since when had the Riders o Rohan travel so far from the city of Edoras. Aragorn ran out form the rocks “Riders of Rohan!” He called loudly “what's news from the mark!” He added. Eomer glanced back, signaling to his army to turn around. Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli stood rigidly as the Calvary began to surround them. They came to a halt and raised their spears; The three companion raised their hands in the hair slightly, showing they meant no harm. Yet the riders stayed their hands.

Eomer rode to the front lines peering down at the strange visitors "What business does an elf, a man and a dwarf have in the Riddermark?" He asked gallantly, Aragorn and Legolas glanced at one another "Speak quickly!" he warned them. Gimli leered at the rider with pre-eminence resting his hands on top of his axe, ad leaning his wait on it for support as he rested, as if Eomer where little threat. "Give me your name, horsemaster, and I shall give you mine." He stated, in the most impertinent manner he knew how. Aragorn looked at Gimli in incredulity, the situation was already far more drawn out that when it need to be, he wasn’t helping. Eomer raised a brown, vexed by the dwarf’s rudeness, he dismounted his horse and landed in front of Gimli, he leered down upon him "I would cut off your head…dwarf” He spat in superciliousness “ if it stood but a little higher from the ground." Eomer smirked derisively down at Gimli. Legolas glared at the Rohirrim rider and quickly raised his bow aiming at Eomer’s face "You would die before your stroke fell!" he hissed, Eomer remained unmoved as his well trained soldier moved their spears closer to the groups faces.

Aragorn exasperated to the core now, lowered the elf’s bow "I'm Aragorn, son of Arathorn." Aragorn said as mildly as he could, trying his best to lighten the mood of things. He turned to his others giving them disapproving glances "This is Gimli, son of Glóin, and Legolas, from the Woodland realm." He added, but Legolas did not heed his warning glances and continued to glared at the Rohirrim man. "We are friends of Rohan and of Théoden, your king." Aragorn said lowering his head and stance a bit, after all he was 6’6 in height and intimidating in his ranger nature.

Eomer eyed Aragorn "Théoden no longer recognizes friend from foe." removing his helmet, his hay colored hair fell around his shoulders in an unkempt mess, yet even still there was a nobility about him “Not even his kin…” He added holding his head high in the air he looked down on the ranger. As Eomer removed his helmet the Calvary lowered their spears and were at ease. "Saruman has poisoned the mind of the king and claimed lordship over this land. My company are those loyal to Rohan. And for that, we are banished." He said dryly, he turned his eyes to Legolas and Gimli who looked at him with hardened eyes "The White Wizard is cunning. He walks here and there they say, as an old man, hooded and cloaked." Eomer spoke to Aragorn but it was clear he did not trust the others.

He glanced at Legolas sidelong darkly "And everywhere his spies slip past our nets." He added, Aragorn took a step forward “we are no spies!” He barked taking offence to Eomer’s words however he quickly recovered himself. We track a band of Uruk-hai westward across the plains.” Aragorn said calmer now he walked closer to Eomer “They have taken three of our friend’s captive." He added, "The Uruks are destroyed. We slaughtered them during the night." "But there were two hobbits, did you see two hobbits with them?" Gimli asked quickly Eomer shook his head “and a woman…” Legolas asked, surely no man would miss a female in a large group of males. Still Eomer shook his head. "They would be small, only children to your eyes….The woman…in the rush of battle might had looked like a smaller fairer uruk…" Aragorn said fishing, He must had seen them, Eomer shook his head after thinking for a moment

“ The woman had eyes of white fire…have you seen nothing?” Legolas asked Eomer looked up “we left none alive” He stated simply however a frown was etched on his face “eye of white fire?” He thought to himself “dead?” Gimli asked, Eomer simply nodded as he was still in thought, He could see her face, the face of a girl maybe 16 or so, eyes as white as the moon and hair as black and Mordor, her skin like the mines of Moria. She held a riled smirk on her face. "We piled the carcasses and burned them." He said pointing to the hills in the distance, a dying plume of smoke rose into the air. The tough that he might have killed her began to sink in “ I am sorry” He said softly.

Legolas rested his hand on Gimli’s shoulder and looked down at the ground, he closed his eyes, this wasn’t happening, it could not be happening. Eomer watched with and had slight pity for him, but more than anything he needed to know, that if there was a chance that the girl was still alive that she would be found. So that he may bring her back to his Cousin. Eomer whistled loudly and two horses came forth from the crowd. "Hasufel! Arod!" He called to them as they came to his side. "May these horses bear you to better fortune than the former masters.” He said handing over their reigns to the crestfallen Aragorn. He nodded curtly as he mounted his own steed. “Farewell” he muttered leading the Calvary away, Eomer thought for a moment and halted his horse turning back to the three. "Look for your friends, but do not trust the hope. It has forsaken these lands.” He warned, he turned his horse back around “We ride north!” he called out to his men as they rode off. Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas watched them as they rode away, before glancing at one another, hope dwindling from their eyes, the turned to look at the stream of smoke in the hills.

Eowyn walked into the hall of the king, her head hung low she knelt before him, grabbing his hand. The once powerful and dignified king of Rohan was nothing more now and the withered shell of his former magnificence. His eyes caped over in a white haze, his skin pale and vieny, his hands where cold. He looked far older than what he was like a decrepit elder. Eowyn swallowed down hard and tried to look up into her uncle’s eyes, without bringing tears back into her own "My lord, you son….He…he is dead…” She said her voice wavering, Théoden gave no visible reaction. She searched his eyes “My lord? Uncle? Will you not go to him?” she pleaded, she wanted something from him, some sort of action, remorse….anything. But she received nothing, nothing save a far off daze “Will you do nothing?” she asked her voice cracking slightly she waited. Yet nothing, again, the shield maiden rose to her feet and quietly exited the room weeping. She wandered back to Theodred room and sat at his side more tears fell. Shortly after she felt a familiar presence and one she did not care for at that. "Oh he, he must have died sometime in the night. What a tragedy for the king to lose his only son and heir." Grima’s voice called. Eowyn glared at the sheet of the bed, Him…it had to have been him…he was the only other one besides Eadlyn who had tended to Theodred.

Eowyn turned and looked back at Grima hatefully. "I understand his passing is hard to accept, especially now that your brother has deserted you." Grima added as he laid a hand on her shoulder gently, he looked over Eowyn with lustful eyes, search and following every curve of her body. In his voice his sympathy was fake. Eowyn snatched her shoulder away from him. “leave me alone snake!” she barked through her tears. "Oh but you are alone!" Grima called as she walked away from him. "Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness. In bitter watches of the night. When all your life seems to shrink. The walls of your bower closing in about you. A hatch to trammel some wild thing." Grima said he spoke softly and walked closer to her he touched her face tenderly "So fair, so cold, like a morning pale spring still clinging to winter's chill." He said in a whisper, Eowyn closed her eyes trying to restrain herself from striking him. “your words…are poison!” she spat opening her eyes she glared at him “set free the rider” she demanded Grima looked taken back but glared at her “no” he said coldly Eowyn leered at him one last time before bolting out of the room.