Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

Journey to Helm's Deep

It was noon, the Rohirrim had cleared away the dead Orcs and Wargs and Eadlyn with the brute force of Burzashk took hostage any who were not fatally injured as well as their mounts. They now worked to set up camp for the night. Ormr took the job of guarding those they took captive, and with him two of his men took watch over them as well. Eadlyn sat with Gandalf and Eomer gazing into the fire. Behind her stood Burzashk, as quietly as a heavily breathing Uruk could. “It will take us days to arrive with so many numbers” Eomer said after Gandalf had given him an Update on his Uncle and the people of Edoras. “We’ve four more days” Gandalf said puffing on his pipe “It will be enough time” He added calmly “how can you be so sure? The road to helms deep is rough…maybe not for warriors, soldiers, but those villagers…are sitting ducks” Eadlyn added in. “Not only that” she said after a short pause “a good 20 of the Warg riders got past us…and you know they are headed for the King…” Eadlyn said her mind off in a light daze, she was worried about her comrades, and she was worried about her fellowship. “ My Uncle and what’s left of the Rohirrim can fend them off….and with your company at their aid, you needn’t worry” Eomer added in resting his hand on her shoulder “you may be right” Eadlyn muttered to herself.

She got up to her feet and walked off a bit from the others, the sun was setting now and a few stars started to dance in the darkening edges of the sky. Eadlyn put her fingers in her mouth and gave a whistle before turning her gaze back to the sky. “I hope we do not fail you” she thought closing her eyes she could see their faces, Gimli, Eoywn, Theoden King, Legolas, Aragorn. They had until the fifth day, and that was going solely on Gandalf’s wisdom, that was simply assuming they would not be needed any sooner. Eadlyn’s hand twitched as she was very restless, if she could she would leave in the night, but the road was a long one and she felt in her heart she needed to stay within Gandalf’s time. Time…the thought of time brought him to mind. “Frodo” Eadlyn thought clinching her firsts, were they running out of time? How are they, had he gotten into the pits of Mordor? Had he been able to avoid the perils and dangers that lye in the very heart of were the dark armies were bred? Eadlyn opened her eyes as the loud rumble of Iluads gallop rung in her ears, she looked at her Mare as she halted before her. The Large Horse hung her head in a sort of Shame and snorted. Eadlyn chuckled to herself and rubbed the mares head “do not feel troubled…I told you to flee and you followed a command” she stated before laughing a bit more “however…you were going to flee before I got the words out of my mouth anyway” she added. Iluad snorted again this time as if offended. Eadlyn only laughed more. A few of the Men watched her, and were as if they had been from anywhere other than Rohan, they would have found her strange. Talking to her horse, however they were Soldiers of Rohan, home of the Horse lords, breeders of the Mearas. They knew very well about the bond between Horse and Rider.

Eadlyn sat leaning against Iluad as the mare rested on the ground for a moment. She looked up at Gandalf as he walked over and took a seat next to her. “I am proud of you, you have taken your first steps into your purpose” He said simply Eadlyn arched a brow “and what is that exactly?” she asked “something only you can discover” He answered “riddles” Eadlyn muttered causing Gandalf to laugh, he then became very serious “how’s your temperature been?” he asked Eadlyn shrugged “ok I guess…my bodies always hot it’s just a part of what I am…right?” Eadlyn asked “no spikes?” Gandalf asked “n-no” Eadlyn asked slowly she side glanced at the wizard “Need I be worried why you are asking?” Eadlyn added. “No, no not at all” Gandalf said as if he hadn’t a care in the world as he got up to head back to Eomer. Eadlyn sighed heavily and shook her head preparing to lay down for the night.

Not long into her slumber Eadlyn tossed and turned Iluad stood above her the Mare looked down at her rider in confusion as she watched her restlessly sleep. "Isengard has been unleashed." Galadriel’s voice echoed in Eadlyn’s mind. She tossed and turned more as in her dreams came a vision of a great and powerful army. "The Eye of Sauron now turns to Gondor. The last free kingdom of men." She went on to say "His war on this country will come swiftly. He senses the Ring is near. The strength of the Ringbearer is failing. In his heart, Frodo begins to understand. The quest will claim his life." She added in, Eadlyn tossed even more as in her dreams came the vision of the great eye, and Frodo and Sam being pushed along by what looked like rangers, The elf queen left Eadlyn’s Dream as the fiery eye burned its way through. Sauron chuckled deeply “Mine….” He said Eadlyn cringed “you’re companions will fall, you belong to me” he murmured as a gust of hot wind blew in the She ranger’s face into her dreams she saw the fall of the Fellowship. One by one they each found their end. “No, no, no” Eadlyn muttered in her sleep after witnessing the fall of Legolas, Eowyn, Gimli, and Theoden. “No!” Eadlyn screamed at the top of her lungs as quick flashes of Aragorn being taken off a cliff and Frodo falling into the fires of Mount doom flashed through her dreams. Eadlyn awoke as her cry was so loud it shook her form her sleep. She looked around to see the Rohirrim in a panic as they looked around at the skies franticly. “Rest Yourselves!” Eomer called out with the help of Ormr and Gandalf he tried to best to calm down the Eored. “What has happened?” Eadlyn called grabbing Gandalf’s long white sleeve. “You screamed dear child” He said quickly “They think there’s a Nazgul about” Eomer said rushing by her. Eadlyn looked around blankly, she walked to the top of the highest hill and drew in a deep breath, as she exhaled she released a loud piercing screech. The Men looked around more before one by one they slowly halted and turned to face her. The Orc they held captive laughed finding the Rohirrim behavior stupid, Burzashk sneered at them from his seat with his blinded Warg.

Meanwhile Back at Helms deep, Legolas stood on top of the gates with the guards. He gazed out through the night which was meeting its end. He could not find rest, He was unsure of the future of this journey, Gandalf and Eadlyn were at large. Frodo, Sam and the ring were far out of the reach of anyone’s protection, Merry and Pippin were safe for now with the Ents according to Gandalf. As for Aragorn, no one could say. Legolas let the Evenstar necklace dangle from his fist as he watched the Horizon. A frown etched onto his face as the uneasy pounding in his heart got worse. He could feel the edge of war getting ever closer. He would follow through with the task at hand 'til the end, bound to it through the loyalty and love he held for his companions for his friends. Even if he doubted road taken. Legolas cast his eyes upward as the sky started to turn a pale morning blue as the sun reached his endless arms into the darkness. The stars slowly began to dim, with a heavy sigh Legolas taking one last glance at the Horizon. Hoping to see someone ride over the hill, be it Aragorn or Eadlyn and Gandalf. Yet no one came. He tucked the Necklace away somewhere safe before leaving the gate and make himself useful somewhere in the awaking fortress of Helms Deep.

Morning rose and Eadlyn had long been awake, she took count of just how many Orc Warg riders and Wargs they had managed to hold hostage. “5, 6, 7, 8” she counted in her head, Burzashk walking behind her as she walked down the line of Orcs. “Lord Sauron will have your head!” One of the Orcs gurgled in what was a laugh, speaking to the Uruk. Swiftly Eadlyn drew Theodred’s sword and turned around on her heel holding the blade to the Orc’s neckline. “Or I can just have yours now…” she hissed. Burzashk watched her quietly, as she reached and grabbed his own weapon she handed it to him and withdrew her sword. “Do what you wish with him” she instructed the Uruk before continuing down the line. A few seconds past and the thud of the Orcs head landing on the ground, and its body falling to the ground shortly after, seemed not to disturb the She ranger or the Men around her. It was just one less Orc in middle earth. “15” Eadlyn counted as she reached the end of the hostage line. “Not bad” She muttered, and she mounted Iluad. “Make formation filthy curs!” she called out riding Iluad around the Warg Riders grouping them together neatly. She looked to Gandalf “right lets go we’ve three days, or Theoden will fall as will the kingdom of Rohan” Gandalf said from atop of Shadowfax.

Meanwhile at Helms deep, what was left of the fellowship worked hard within the ranks of the remaining Rohirrim soldiers, trying their best to fortify the keep and make sure that the women and children would have a stable place to withdraw to if and win Saruman’s army should arrive. Legolas was taking inventory in the armory chambers. Two days had already past, he was counting on the fifth day for Gandalf and Eadlyn to return, but he hoped in his heart they would come sooner. A large commotion outside in the outer halls of Helms Deep Legolas set down the pile of swords he had been looking over and left through the halls. His ears burned as the people of Rohan talked among themselves about the return of the ranger. He needed to know which one. Legolas raced through the halls his feet not moving fast enough for his liking. Roaming through the Keep he finally walked into the king’s hall. Rounding a pillar he could see Aragorn heading for the King, he sighed and his heart sunk and then rose. With his lightness of his steps he blocked Aragorn’s way "Le abdollen you’re late” Legolas said his brows knitted together and an angered look in his eyes, Aragorn exhaled and for a moment He had believed Legolas was mad. Legolas then smirked and looked his friend up and down “You look terrible” He mused, Aragorn laughed resting a hand on Legolas’ shoulder. The smile faded away from Legolas’ face as he handed Aragorn the shimmering Tolkien. Eowyn rushed through the halls she too had heard the news, a smile and a sigh of relief came to her as she spotted Aragorn. She went to go to him, but like a knife was thrust into her, Eowyn halted. Her eyes landing on the Evenstar as it landed in Aragorn’s hand and his eyes danced. Eowyn swallowed back a biting feeling in the pit of her stomach “Thank you” Aragorn said in a smallest tone of honest gratitude. Legolas nodded and watched as Aragorn walked past him in search for the king. Sighing to himself he closed his eyes and tilted back his head. “3 days, look to the sun on the 5th day…the 5th day” He thought. Opening His eyes Legolas looked over Eowyn’s eyes searched his as she walked over to him, her footing was hurried. “Is Eadlyn” Eowyn was hushed, Legolas shook his head “no” he sighed. “Then when? When is she to return we need her here” Eowyn questioned “in 3 days” Legolas’ voice was hollow he looked up to see Aragorn following behind the king tired and trying his best to keep up pace with him, to reason with him. Legolas rested a hand on Eowyn’s shoulder before going after them.

Eadlyn’s eyes scanned over the open terrain as she trailed the rear of the Rohirrim, surrounded in the center were her captive Warg riders, who she had wholly trusted into Burzashk’s hands. She would hear the men mumble amongst themselves about her as she went in and out of the shadow realms to make sure the way ahead of them was clear. She knew too well that they did not trust her. With her head hung low and glowered at the men her eyes darting between those whispering at great speeds. Eadlyn frowned “Do not worry about them, they are merely afraid” Eomer spoke falling back he rode alongside her. “ they are always afraid, it is not their fear that troubles me, but their distrust” Eadlyn barked “have I not been faithful to Rohan and to the King, ever I have been in their lands” she spoke in an underlining hiss her words and her manor like a cat howling, warning for that, that pesters it to stop. “It will pass, as it has pass with me, My cousin is dead…and the least I can do for him, is treat the one he loved with the same love I show my own sister” Eomer said side glancing at Eadlyn she looked to him with her white eyes, skeptical she did not know if his words were true, “then for that same reason” she paused “I believe I can try and trust your words” the two exchanged glances and Eomer Nodded.

Eadlyn, Gandalf, and the Rohirrim Company had been on the move since the crack of dawn. The early birds had now come and gone, and the sun peeked in the sky. The men were tired having not rested for hours now. “Halt!” Eadlyn called as she could (be it at a very great distance) see the Anduin river, this meant they were getting closer. “What is wrong?” Eomer asked riding to her side with Gandalf at the other. Eadlyn pointed to the River “there, we have crossed a great distance…you’re men are tired” Eadlyn said Eomer nodded “Make rest!” He called ridding among his ranks. “Why the sudden rest?” Gandalf asked for he knew Eadlyn was not the type to have one to give rest, not when her friends are in need of her. “We cannot continue…” She muttered lowly she looked at Gandalf telling him to keep quiet. “There lies an army before us, not a day ahead. And they are moving swiftly.” Eadlyn looked to the resting men “we cannot take them on our own far too many in numbers” she continued. “How many?” Gandalf asked arching a brow his voice held an unnerving insistence about it. Eadlyn drew in a sharp breath and turned her head to the river “all of Isengard” she muttered barely above a whisper. She was worried. “We will not arrive in time” Eadlyn added. “We will arrive exactly when we mean to, and when we are meant to” Gandalf huffed ridding back into the Rohirrim ranks.

Eadlyn eyed the river in the landscape miles and miles away. “What you have us do Fellstar” Burzashk grumbled steering his blinded mount to Eadlyn. However she did not answer him, her eyes lingered on the horizon. “Gather the Warg riders” she spoke as if in a daze, turning to look at the Uruk “we have to cut their numbers” She spoke quickly, wheeling Iluad around she road into the center of the Rohirrim, to the captive Orcs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long wait, trying to brush up on a few things like misplaced words and all that. Trying to be a 'neater' writer and looking to improve. If you have a tip you are itching to share with me please do.