Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

Out of the Shadows

Strider brought them to a forest beneath a group of stone trolls, Bilbo’s trolls. Eadlyn would have smiled at this irony, if Frodo had been well enough to see it with his own eyes, she laid him down as the party rested, she touched his face, he was cold, taking off her cloak she wrapped him in it. She put her hand back on his face. “I know where you are Frodo….I know…I’ve been there….” She said hushed, she leaded down and kissed his cheek “ I see you Frodo…Even in the Shadows, I see you” She said softly, He made the noise of a sick animal at her, she frowned but knew he could hear her, his eyes were going pale, and where capping over with a milky white….they were starting to look like hers. "Look, Mister Frodo! It's Mister Bilbo's trolls!" Sam said to his friend hoping for some kind of response, Eadlyn looked away. Sam touched Frodo forehead “He’s going cold He cried out to strider. It had seemed like Sam had lost all faith in Eadlyn and she knew this. "Is he going to die?" Pippin asked his eyes darting between Strider and Eadlyn. “no” Eadlyn said sharply. Still hovering over Frodo, fussing over him, trying to keep him warm. "He's passing into the shadow world. He will soon become a wraith like them." Strider said looking over to Eadlyn, whom looked off, A surge a pain flew threw her heart, a screech came from Eadlyn’s mouth as the new pain was added to the one that had already been there. As she did so, a slight screech escaped Frodo’s lips and Nazgul screams sounded off in the distance. Tears burned at Eadlyn’s eyes, “it’s ok…it’s ok…they can’t get you…I don’t let them” She said to Frodo. The Hobbits looked at Eadlyn in horror. She dared not look up at them. “they are close” Strider said. Sam ran over to Eadlyn and went to push her away from Frodo “get away from him you monster” he called, but as he went to touch her Eadlyn growled like a rabid animal. Sam backed up “what is she!” He cried out. Eadlyn hung her head low; there was no point in hiding herself not any more. “do you know Athelas plant?” she asked Sam her voice was iced over. Sam was afraid but managed to speak “Athelas?” he asked “Kings foil’ Strider said knowing the more common name. Sam’s eyes brightened as he turned to Frodo “aye that’s a weed” he said. "It may help to slow the poison. Hurry!" Strider said, Sam wasted no time running off to search for the plant. Strider glanced at Eadlyn, he figured by the way she was acting Frodo would be safe with her and went to help Sam find the plant. Pippin sat next to Eadlyn and touched her arm as if letting her know, he didn’t think she was a threat. She glanced down at him and her eyes were hollowed out, almost completely lifeless.

Eadlyn heard foot falls coming towards them, she and Frodo looked towards them and bright light willed the area of the shadow realm. A beautiful elf woman, stunning in her glow, she looked as if she were made out of the finest porcelain, silvers, ivories, ad white gold's. Her hair flew behind her like a raven flag and her blue eyes a deep as the sea. Her Elven light burned Eadlyn’s eyes but she refused to leave Frodo’s side. The Elf woman leered at Eadlyn and then as she saw the fear in her eyes, took pity on her. She rested a hand on her shoulder and nodded. Eadlyn removed herself from Frodo. "Frodo…. Im Arwen. Telin le thaed I am Arwen. I have come to help you.” The Elf said softly. "Lasto beth nîn. Tolo dan na ngalad Hear my voice. Come back to the light.” She called. Eadlyn watch her blankly. “who is she Merry asked, not being able to see her light in the world o the living, but she was beautiful even without it. “Frodo” Arwen called kneeling beside Frodo “she’s a she elf” Sam stammered. Eadlyn left the shadow realm and watch Arwen and Strider, Strider applied the Kingsfoil to Frodo’s wound, “he’s fading” Arwen said as Frodo let out a gasp for air, he cast his shadow filled eyes to Eadlyn who stood up rigidly keeping a great distance away from the she Elf. "He's not going to last. We must get him to my father. I've been looking for you for two days." Arwen said looking up at Strider, and giving a side glance to Eadlyn. "Where are you taking him?" Merry asked as Strider picked Frodo up in his arms. Eadlyn watched them defeated. Frodo never took his eyes off her, as if he was asking her to stay. "There are five wraiths behind you. Where the other four are, I do not know." Arwen said as Strider took Frodo to her horse, strider mounted him on the steed. "Dartho guin perian. Rych le ad tolthathon Stay with the Hobbits. I will send horses back for you.” Strider said to Arwen, almost as if Eadlyn was never there. "Hon mabathon. Rochon ellint im I'm the faster rider. I'll take him” Arwen reasoned. Strider glanced back at Eadlyn, he knew who was truly the faster rider, but he also knew, He had broken her. Eadlyn wasn’t much good for anything right now, he also knew Arwen didn’t trust her and viscera. "Andelu i ven The road is too dangerous.” Aragorn said. “what are they saying” Pippin asked tugging at Eadlyn's sleeve her eyes fluttered and tears slipped down her face.

"Frodo fîr. Ae athradon i hir, tur gwaith nin beriatha hon Frodo's dying. If I can get across the river, the power of my people will protect him.” Arwen said. “I do not fear them” She added glancing at Eadlyn whom nodded at her, “as you wish” Strider muttered. Arwen then mounted behind Frodo. She went too pulled the reigns of her horse. “wait!” Eadlyn called horsely. She looked up at Arwen. “you…you keep him safe…do what I could not…keep him safe” She pleaded. Arwen was taken back not nodded looking back at Strider one last time. “"What are you doing?! Those wraiths are still out there!" Sam called, Merry ran over to Eadlyn, “go you must stop her!” he asked her, Eadlyn shook her head, Merry reached out to touch her shirt but as he did so his hand was painted in blood. He withdrew his hand and screamed. Strider turned around to ace them. Eadlyn fell to the ground. “Rider?” Strider called but his only response was the screech of a Nazgul, it came from Eadlyn’s mouth. In her ears she could hear the sounds of the Black speech, she could hear the Nazgul calling her as she was sucked into the shadow realm. “what happening?” Pippin asked. Strider placed some Kingsfoil in Eadlyn’s mouth and made her chew, “she’s turning…being what she is..she is already half way dead…but…if she loses her soul…she will be just like them…I thought she already was…but…” Strider said forcing her to sallow. “ something’s not right” Strider said feeling her forehead. Eadlyn was burning up. “Eadlyn” She heard Frodo’s voice call out to her in the shadow realm. “I see you…I see you too” he said franticly as She began to black out.

“Rider…”a voice called gently Eadlyn stirred a bit. “Rider” it called to her again. “Eadlyn…come now…you must get up” It called. Eadlyn’s eyes fluttered open, a piercing bright light filled her vision, shielded her eyes from the sun light, and looked into light grey ones, they had a hint of blue in them. The Blonde Elf smiled down at her “H- how” she asked him sitting up “w-where?” She stammered. The young Elf smiled at her and made her lay back against the headboard. “Rivendell…many of us were called to counsel…you are lucky, I was here…they refused to…” He started but frowned slightly. As Eadlyn focused and noticed who the elf was. “Legolas” she said he smiled at her. “it’s been 5 years my friend” He said. Eadlyn went to speak when the memory of the nights before rushed into her head, she shot up in the bed “Frodo, where is master Frodo!” she called Legolas held her back in the bed “rest! Avo 'osto….fear not… Avo 'osto” he said softly. “He is fine…Elrond is tending to him now” He said as Eadlyn calmed down. “They were sure you’d be gone into the shadows forever” He added. Eadlyn looked off to the side. “I should never have gone with them… I should have left them to strider….I don’t know what Gandalf sent me, I am a part of the Sauron’s plans, he can see through me…” Eadlyn whispered. Legolas frowned, “ you are your own…” He said standing up. “rest now…Gandalf will be hear shortly” He said exiting the room. Eadlyn lay back on her pillow and looked up at the ceiling, tears slipped down her face.

A few hours pasted, and there was a knock at her door before someone entered in. “dear child, stop that” Gandalf called seeing her tears, “Gandalf” Eadlyn peeped sitting up. Gandalf sat ext to her and embraced her. “I tried” she managed to get out. The old wizard rocked her slightly and held her like his child. Eadlyn buried her face in his shoulder. He and Sarumon had raised her, they alone besides, Legolas, and his father, had been the only ones to ever, see her as more than a creature of the dark places of the earth. “ be at peace… you did more than you think, in fact, there is someone who wishes to see you” He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes as he pulled away from her. Eadlyn looked at him confused as he got off of the bed and opened the door. Before Eadlyn could focus on what was happening, the bed jolted and arms where latched around her neck. “Eadlyn” Frodo said smiling into her hair, an endless vale of black silk. “F-Frodo!” she said softly wrapping her arms around him, He laughed and kissed her forehead this act made Eadlyn cry. “I see you… Even in the Shadows, I see you; I know where you’ve been…” He said Eadlyn smiled He had heard her. She held him tightly. Gandalf smiled. “Soon merry and Pippin tore through the door, hoping on to the bed as well they latched themselves onto her waist. “Merry? Pip? She asked looking down at them. “you, never do that again” Merry said seriously “you nearly gave us a heart attack…I’m to young for that” Pippin said Eadlyn just shook her head. Sam slid into the room silently. He walked up to Eadlyn’s side. “I’m sorry for” He started Eadlyn put Frodo down and hushed Sam “don’t be…I am what I am…but I am more that what I am” She said. “and It gives you a edge…Eadlyn you are stronger than what Sauron suspects…and you can fight him off…you will prove useful before the end” Gandalf said seriously Eadlyn nodded her head. “Your right…but Elrond…and the others they do not trust me…I might as well be an Orc in their eyes” she said. Gandalf smiled Playfully “prove them wrong..and show them that you are to be feared.

When Eadlyn was well enough she got up to walk around, she tried to ignore the looks she was getting from the elves, looks of pure hate, she traveled through the halls to the outside. Looks for Legolas, but she wasn’t having any luck. She walked into a empty courtyard that had a great view the river. She sighed and breathed in the fresh evening air. Closing her eyes and took in the sent of everything, resting a hand over her heart, the pain was still there, but it was going away. “Rider” Strider’s voice called out. Eadlyn turned around to face him her stare was cold. He walked to her side silently. He turned to face her, looking into her colorless eyes “Goheno nin…forgive me…” he said looking down at his hands. “I didn’t know what you where…but Gandalf..he told me.” Aragorn said looking down at her. “A hybrid bred by Sauron… a cursed Dunedain daughter of the Witch King of Agmar…Child of Fires of the Deep, an unholy breeding to the dragon Smog…and a Elf… forged together by the black magic of the wizards, whom Sauron commanded….a monster far worse & far more unnatural than any Orc and goblin.” She said resoundingly Aragorn looked down. She watched him “but I must say…I rather been a monster…than be a traitor to a whole kingdom…My first bloodline is Dunedain…and I would never leave those people I would have never run from their descendents…” She said darkly. Aragorn continued to look down “I knew you once….” She whispered. Aragorn looked up at her stunned. “but you should never remember it” She said before leaving him alone in the courtyard.