Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Into the West

The Counsel Of Elrond

Eadlyn walked through the halls it was now night time, she walked int the glow of the night, it seemed like every elf she pasted had a glow about them. She wouldn’t lie to herself she envied how beautiful of creatures that they where, while everything about her was decaying and getting darker, she had parts of her skin that where turning a silvery grey, and only her eyes where light about her besides her teeth. She wasn’t curvy or soft in anyway, after all she was a ranger, and a wrath. A Banshee of the deep. She walked around the ground outside in the lovely night air, she could hear the elves singing. As she walked she could hear Strider talking, she was beginning to feel bad about bringing out the coward card again after he was just trying to be nice. However after hearing Arwen’s voice she hide behind a tree, she was great a slinking into the shadows. She peeped around the trunk so see them in a tight embrace as he kissed her. Eadlyn tilted her head, as watched them, she was never able to fathom the feeling of love or what it was. She quietly sank back behind the tree, and walked off deep in thought.

She walked down by the water and looked at herself in its reflection. What was her purpose her on this earth; she wasn’t born naturally, well not completely so how could she hold a purpose here. “No wonder others cannot understand how I can feel” She muttered touching the water, it rippled under her finger distorting her appearance. There was a slight rustle in the bushes, Eadlyn didn’t even bother to look up, she kenw who it was. She could feel him now, like she could the Nazgul. “Frodo…you should be resting” she sighed. Frodo quietly sat next to her by the water. “I couldn’t….Merry, Pippin, Sam and I are heading back to the shire after we’re done here…I just …are you coming back with us?” He asked. Eadlyn looked at him and smiled “Master Frodo…I, I was sent to the shire by Gandalf to protect Bilbo, yourself, and the ring…now that it’s out of the shire…I don’t belong there…not with the Nazgul still roaming Middle earth…I’m a danger “ She said turning her gaze back to the water. “I’m a ranger…I never stay anyplace to long” She added with a sigh. “do you want to live like that?” He asked. “I don’t know it’s not so bad I have Iluad…she’s my friend…and I don’t feel much so it’s not like my feelings get in the way…I’ll be fine Frodo. Don’t worry so much” Eadlyn said laughing half heartedly. Frodo frowned “But I can’t help but worry…you’re my friend…you’ve been in the sire for two years…you are practically a hobbit as far as we’re concerned…” He said inching closer to her. Eadlyn didn’t take notice.

“ Eadlyn….” Frodo stammered, she looked down at him with a arched brow, Frodo sat up on his knees and tucked his hand behind Eadlyn’s hair before pressing his lips to hers. Eadlyn’s eyes grew wide; he pulled away and looked at her blushing a bright red. “Master Frodo…I cannot give you what you seek…..you…know this….you will not find it in me” she said slowly Frodo nodded and then laughed slightly “I had a feeling that was what was to happen” he said with a large grin on his face. At this Eadlyn laughed with him, she looked intot he water and smiled “thanks Frodo…” she said He just smiled and got up to walk away. He nearly bumped into The Blonde elf that had apparently been watching. The elf smiled down at Frodo before taking his seat next to Eadlyn. “hm….there might be a height problem there….” He said slyly, “Legolas…your humor is as bad as ever” Eadlyn said shaking her head. “I overheard a few things…you know you always have a home in Mirkwood” he said tucking a strand of her hair back. He smiled at her slyly and pulled her to her feet as he stood up “do you remember…when you first came to Mirkwood…you where 18… and knew nothing of Mirkwood forests…we were being chased by Spiders…” He started Eadlyn nodded “mhm and you came along and scared them away… I said I was a ranger and you made fun of me…back then I wore a blindfold and used the shadow realm to see….you took off my blindfold and saw my eyes…and you didn’t…run…” She said trailing off. Legolas smiled down at her gently Eadlyn looked up at the sky and a sarcastic smile came to her face. “are you looking for a female to wed…again” She asked, the only time he had ever been gentle with her is when his father was pushing him to find a bride. Legolas chuckled and looked up at her “maybe” He said walking off Eadlyn watch him as he went, his yellow hair flying behind him gracefully. She sighed and a smirk came to her face. “Males…no matter what race they hail from” she muttered sitting back down. “They are all the same” She sighed.

Eadlyn could faintly hear birds chirping, and her skin felt the warmth of the sunlight. Her eyes jolted open as she felt the warmth go away and shade over take her body, she looked up into a pair of blue green eyes and a rouge appearance. “Strider” she mumbled dryly He looked down at her confused and slightly amused “you slept out here?” he asked cracking a crooked smile. Eadlyn looked at him dully “I don’t feel right sleeping in a bed…I’ve been out in the wilderness for too long now…” She said looking away from him and getting to her feet. “Besides…I’m not wanted hear as it is” She added picking up her bag from the ground and walking off. “Where are you going?” Strider asked “there’s an area of the water further down…it’s deeper and has bushes…you put two and two together” She said heading down stream. Strider thought for a minute before shaking his head and walking back into the Rivendell halls.

Eadlyn eased her body into the cold water, sure it was winter but Eadlyn was resistant to the cold, she pulled soap out of her pack ad began to wash herself, as she washed the soap out of her hair, she looked up to see an elven gown being held out to her. She looked up at the lender and frowned “such a gentlemen…do you not believe in looking away?” she asked. Legolas rolled his eyes and pointed “your hair is about 4 miles long…it hides you come on out” He said taking the gown back. Eadlyn eyed him carefully and walked out of the water, it was true her hair was let down and the black blanket covered her chest and privates front and back. It cascaded down to the ground living a small train past her heels. Legolas suddenly turned his head and held out the gown, Eadlyn watched him puzzled and looked down at herself to make sure she was covered, “nothings showing?” she questioned. “There doesn’t have to be….you give reverence in the site of beauty” Legolas said his head still turned away. Eadlyn gawked at him, but dried off and quickly put on her gown. “I am nothing to give Reverence too” She muttered trying to collect her hair into its usual high ponytail, “no” Legolas said grabbing her hands. “leave it…let them see a softer side of you” He said with a smirk.

Eadlyn was called into the counsel as a part of Gandalf’s company She ran down the halls with Legolas stumbling as she did so I cannot run in this thing” she whispered as she help up the gown. Legolas laughed at her, the two came to a halt as they reached the entrance. Legolas quickly fixed his composure, and in a blink of Eadlyn’s eye he had somehow taken on the presence of the prince that he was. He linked arms with Eadlyn and escorted her into the circle of chairs. It got quiet; everyone had stopped talking as Legolas walked the She ranger to her seat between Frodo & Gandalf. Gandalf smiled at her as she didn’t want to look around she could feel the room staring. Eadlyn sat down and mouthed thank you to Legolas, no one wanted to dare comment about them being late, not to his face. Eadlyn awkwardly crossed her legs in an attempt to be proper. Legolas sat down and nodded at her as he took his seat, and started to talk with his companions. “You look beautiful” Frodo said whispering, Eadlyn frowned “thank you…but it doesn’t feel right” she said Her eyes wandered up as she had been looking at her feet, or rather glaring at her feet.

Her eye met up with Striders, he bowed his head slightly at her. Eadlyn shook her head and rolled her eyes. She wanted others respect…but she didn’t want to have to be something other than herself for it. Legolas looked over to Strider and raised an eye brown whilst listening to his others. Strider returned the glance and looked down to his hands. Elrond cleared his throat and took stand behind a pedestal. All eyes were on him and the room fell silent once again. "Foreigners from far-off lands, friends of old, You have been bid here to answer the threat of Mordor." Elrond said pausing to look over the aces of the crowd, his eyes landed upon Eadlyn she quickly cast her eyes to the ground under his gaze. "Middle-Earth stands upon the precipice of ruin. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall." He added turning his cold stare off of the she ranger. Every group, the elves, the men, and the dwarves glanced at each other in hesitation. "Each race is bound to this fate….. this one doom." Elrond said side glancing at Eadlyn, “Frodo…Bring forth the ring” He said making gesture to the pedestal. Eadlyn turned her head away from the ring, the whispers of the black speech humming in her ears, she reached over and grabbed Gandalf’s sleeve, he glanced down at her mildly concerned. Frodo got up slowly looking around as everyone was focused on him, how he could have withstood the rings power, such a small creature. Frodo set the ring down on the pedestal, the click out the ring hitting the stone echoed in Eadlyn’s ears she flinched. Elrond leered at her slightly eyeing Gandalf as if warning him to keep her under control. “Maybe I should leave” she whispered Gandalf patted her back .

Strider & another man watched Eadlyn behavior. "So it is true…" The man with the copper brown hair muttered tearing his eyes away from Eadlyn and gazing at the ring. Eyes lustfully power hunger. Frodo began to walk back to Gandalf He saw Eadlyn turned away ad quickly sat down, he rubbed her back sliding his hand under her hair. “Eadlyn?” He asked as if Instinct she turned to look at him, her eyes were dancing slightly “I’m fine….” She whispered “I can hear it too” Frodo whispered back speaking of the black speech, Eadlyn nodded and focused on who was speaking. But no one was speaking everyone was gazing at the ring, Legolas and Eadlyn shared glances he nodded sharply & slowly he could hear it to, She looked to strider whom looked greatly disturbed about something. She knew he could hear it. "The Doom of Men." One of the men whispered almost in a trance.

Suddenly the man with the copper hair stood up "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand.'" He said walking towards the ring never taking his eyes off of it, Eadlyn could feel desire for the ring radiating from his every being. "Isildur's Bane is found." He added a bit softer Eadlyn’s eyes flickered over to Strider, Gandalf & Elrond watched the man concerned could he be trusted so close to it. His hands hovered over the ring, trembling “Isildur’s Bane…” he repeated. Eadlyn watched him an a covetousness came over her about the ring, as it whispered to her a growl came from her throat she lowered her head and her hair fell around her face, casting it in shadow “ Stay back” She hissed lowly “be warned & keep your distance, greedy son of man” She added slowly in the same manner a wild cat looks before leaping at the kill. “Boromir!” Elrond called out seeing That Eadlyn was sizing him up. Boromir snapped out of his trance, and gazed at Eadlyn as she stood up, Gandalf stood up quick not knowing what she was to do. "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." Gandalf glanced at Eadlyn horrified as she spoke her native tongue, The speech of Mordor, He managed to translate the words along with her while she spoke “One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.” He said, the the room filled with shadows as clouds filled the sky, the rings whispering now much louder, Legolas closed his eyes and drew in a sharp breath feeling the ill-omened air in the room Strider & The Man Boromir stood up uneasily, Elrond put his hand to his head and shook his head. “Restrain her Master Gandalf!” Elrond barked, Frodo quickly grasped Eadlyn's hand and drew her back into her seat. “Leave it” He pleaded looking at her worriedly. Eadlyn’s demeanor changed and the sun came back into the sky, the ring had stopped whispering, Strider & Boromir took their seats and everyone seemed to let out a breath of relief as the ominous air melted away.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris!" Elrond barked at Eadlyn Frodo rubbed her arm comfortingly and leered slightly at Elrond. "I do not….. Ask your pardon…..Master Elrond…” Eadlyn said her voice strained from the power of the black speech, “As she shouldn’t!” Gandalf said returning Elrond hard gaze “for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West!" He called out looking at everyone whom was gazing at the she ranger as if she where Sauron himself. Frodo leaded his head on her Arm still Rubbing it He looked up at her, Her eye were cold, and stony, as she looked at the floor. Shame flew over her, that she could utter words of that tongue. "The Ring is altogether evil!" Gandalf added Leering at Boromir in particular derisively so as he took his seat again. Boromir paid the old man no heed. "It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor." Boromir said with a grin upon his face. Eadlyn’s eyes flashed with anger her eyes went to Boromir Frodo pulled away from her and watched her carefully his statement clearly offended her.

“ A gift?” she said incredulously "Why not use this Ring?" Boromir added Strider, Legolas, and Gandalf looked at him as if he where mentally unwell, as paced back and forth “"Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!" Boromir spoke fired up he pointed at Eadlyn “Just as you use that creature” He said loudly a cruel smile came on his face as he looked between Gandalf & Eadlyn. Eadlyn hissed and a small low Nazgul screech came from her throat as she did so. "You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master.” Strider said leaning forward “nothing born form Sauron’s hand can be used…Gandalf doesn’t use her he restrains her” He said calmly, Eadlyn’s blood began to boil; she wasn’t sure how long she would be talked about like a beast. Legolas gripped at his tunic leering darkly at Boromir "And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir barked whirling around to look at Strider whom still sat in his seat calmly. Legolas shot up out of his seat, glaring lightly at the Gondorian his eyes where serious and burned with fire. "This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance." Legolas managed to speak calmly, Boromir hearing his words looked between the elf and Strider, who seemed to be a bit stirred, long had it been since he had been called by his birth name…the name of which he should have taken the throne.

Boromir staggered a bit looking at Strider in disturb manner "Aragorn? This… is Isildur's heir?" He managed to choke out. "And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas added in Eadlyn scoffed bitterly "Havo dad, Legolas. Sit down, Legolas.” Aragorn said calmly Frodo looked at him with wide eyes; Aragorn looked to Eadlyn whom was looking at him as if he were lowly the two locked eyes Frodo looked between the rangers confused. "Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." Boromir said harshly looking at Aragorn with little respect, Aragorn tore his eyes away from Eadlyn and looked at Boromir, he hadn’t expected anything less, all who knew of Isildur’s wayward son thought and felt the same, he was a deserter, dishonorable in most men’s eyes. Aragorn’s eyes slowly wandered to Eadlyn as he thought about this; maybe they had more in common than he had first thought. "Aragorn is right. We cannot use it." Gandalf said bring the conversation back to the pressing matter at hand.

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed." Elrond said after the room had fallen silent again. "Then what are we waiting for?" A dwarf said hopping to his feet, he brandished his Axe and ran to the ring. Raising his axe he let out a battle cry, Eadlyn’s eyes flashed red she went to jolt out of her chair but as the dwarf struck the ring a loud clashing sound was made, a pain surged through Eadlyn’s body like as ring was lassoed around her heart and someone was tugging it tighter, cutting into it. She screeched out in pain and fell to her knees. The dwarf's axe bounced of the ring and he flew back landing on the ground, as Eadlyn gasped for air her hand clutching at her heart, Frodo raised his hand to his head and closed his eyes, a sudden headache washed over him as the great eye lashed in his mind. He reached his hand down and grabbed Eadlyn’s gown at her shoulder. Gandalf watched the two with unease, the ring was fine, not a scratch was laid upon it, but the axe left splinters of iron around the ring, It had severely chipped the face of the axe. The ring began to whisper Black speech, it vibrated through the air, Eadlyn trembled as she could feel the fire of the Eye burning into her soul. “You serve me” Sauron whispered into her heat, Eadlyn’s eyes opened quickly, they where wide as she focused on the ground. She slowly pushed herself back into her chair. Frodo gave her a side long glance his head still hurting as he held it. His eyes went to the Elf Legolas as he gazed at Eadlyn with concern.

"The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Glóin, by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came."Elrond said taking his eyes off of the Hobbit and the ranger. "Ash Nazg." The ring whispered "One of you must do this." Elrond said after a pause, the room fell silent. "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep.” Boromir said breaking the silence, he pointing at Eadlyn when speaking about Mordor’s evil” Frodo leered at him slightly “And the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland. Riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!" Boromir said in a doom filled tone.

Eadlyn frowned, she knew the lands far to well. Legolas rose to if feet in ire and it shown on his face as he had his eyes locked onto Boromir’s “Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed!" He called out, The Dwarf Gimli rolled his eyes and got to his feet "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!" he yelled at the Elf prince, Legolas looked at him in disbelief that he had turned what he had said into a self righteous thought. "And if we fail, what then?! What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!" Boromir yelled standing up, Eadlyn glared “It is as dangerous as your hands, as it is in his” Eadlyn barked at Boromir from her seat, he took a step towards her and Eadlyn took it as a challenge rising to her feet, she glared at him enigmatically . Boromir tok a step back but stood tall as if ready to fight her. "I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!" Gimli yelled out, Legolas’s company jumped to their feet and rushed at the Dwarf, Holding out his arms Legolas held his gaurds back, never taking his eyes off the dwarf. Eadlyn watched Boromir with a fixed gaze Frodo tugged at her gown but she would not move. The entirety of the room was a large commotion of rival thoughts one bring yelled at the other. Eadlyn whipped her head over to the ring as it started whispering to her, she froze where she stood. Frodo watched her and her behavior. He wanted to help her, He wanted to Release her of the control both the ring and Sauron had on her. He wanted her free.

His eyes wandered away from her to the ring as he sat calmly in his seat. He knew what he must do, he thought back to the conversations he had had with Bilbo, memories of the way Eadlyn had reacted back in Bag End the night they had left on the journey, memories of how she looked in the Shadow realm when the Nazgul attacked. And then the great eye burned into his mind. Frodo closed his eyes tightly as he heard the ring"Ash Nazg Durbatulûk! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nazg Gimbatul! Ash Nazg Gimbatul!" it called Eadlyn had started walking towards it as it spoke, Frodo’s eyes snapped open and he quickly snatched Eadlyn’s arm, the arguments in the background getting far more intense, reaching it’s boiling point. Frodo looked at the others and then to Eadlyn whom tilted her head and twitched while listening to the ring, becoming almost aminalistic. “Eadlyn no!” Frodo called as if calling a dog, He pulled her back a bit and rose to his feet, determination across his face. “I will take it!” he called pulling Eadlyn with some trouble to his side, but her eyes were still fixed on the ring. No one seemed to hear him, He grabbed her other hand pulling her closer to his side and turning her body away from the ring, he looked around at everyone “I will take it!” He said even louder this time. Eadlyn looked down at him, brought back to herself she looked down at him still dazed.

The room fell silent. "I will take the Ring to Mordor.” Frodo said looking up at Eadlyn he pushed her behind him. “though…” he said softly feeling a bit intimidated now “I do not know the way” He added looking up at Eadlyn she flinched “will you take me there….” He asked softly so softly only her ears could pick it up. Eadlyn looked down at the Hobbit with dulled emotionless eyes, she backed away slowly trembling she shook her head before turning and running away. Frodo watched her in confusion before turning and looking up at Gandalf.