Status: Active

Losing Neverland

"Melody, my dear, where have you been off to?" Mrs. Jones inquired, wrapping her small six year old daughter in her arms.

"Oh Mother! I was off in the most wondrous of places, with Peter Pan, you know!" The small girl threw her arms up in excitement, her eyes wide and face flushed from adventure.

Mrs. Jones stopped and pulled away from her daughter to get a better look, "Peter you say?"

The name rang a bell in her mind, reminding her of an adventure she once had long ago with the furtive Peter Pan, the boy who refused to grow up. Margret (Mrs. Jones) had loved the little boy, and he had swept her off to Never Never Land the way he had with her mother Jane, and Jane's mother Wendy. She shook her head, it couldn't be, she had long ago decided that Peter Pan had just been a dream her imagination created after hearing her mother's and grandmother's stories of the fantasy island of Neverland.

"Yes Mother, I saw the Mermaid Lagoon, and the lost boys called me their mother!" Melody chirped.

Margret shook her head again, chasing away the wild stories of the boy, "Darling you have been listening too closely to mine and grandmother's stories, now wash up and let's have you off to bed."

Melody obeyed, still convinced her night with the boy who could fly was real, she had seen it herself.

But as the Jones' went on with their nightly routines they missed the shadow of a boy dancing along the wall, the glitter of a fairy fluttering through the open window into the winter night, and the fresh green leaves of another world that skipped across the nursery floor....