Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much! Subscribe to the sequel, please!

The Sky Under the Sea

This Is Not What It Is

[Vic's POV]

“It’s Mikey Whiskey Hands!” Mike yelled out, standing with his hands on his hips.
“Whatever you say, Michael.” I laughed.
“You’re just jealous you don’t have a cool side career, Victor.” Mike retorted, using my full name.
“Come on guys!” Jaime complained. “It’s not that important.”
“You’re just saying that because you had a solo project.” Tony spoke up, grinning at me.
“You’re supposed to back me up Tone!” Jaime complained. “Did our days in Trigger My Nightmare mean nothing to you?”
“Whatever Hime.”
“Fuck you guys.” I muttered. “I was one of the vocalists for Isles & Glaciers, okay? I think a super group one-ups your petty side projects.”
“In case you forgot, I was the drummer…” Mike sang, smirking at me.
“Ugh!” I yelled. “Fuck you guys!”
“No thanks, little bro.” Mike made a face. “You have Kellin for that.”
“You’re just thinking about Kellin’s ass again, aren’t you?” I taunted, leaning against the wall.
“Ay, Vic!” Mike grimaced. “I had finally forgotten about that mental image and you brought it back, bastard!”
“You shouldn’t call your older brother mean names.” I reprimanded, attempting to look stern.
“Oh, whatever Victor.”
I don’t remember how this argument started, but I loved the constant bickering we always had.
It brought us something to do, and embarrassing moments to bring up.
“In case you guys forgot, we have a show to get ready for.” Tony reminded us, checking his phone.
“Oh, right!”
I dashed to the back of the bus, already pulling my shirt off over my head.
Singing my warm-up, I stripped off my pants and rummaged through my suitcase in just boxers.
“Jesus Cristo, Vic!” Mike yelled. “Are you always going to be fucking naked?”
“Maybe.” I smirked, pulling on skinny jeans and a Hurley Davis tee.

---

“Pierce the Veil to the stage in ten minutes!” someone called out.
“Okay!” I replied.
“You have to go so soon?” Kellin pouted, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“Yeah, I do.”
“But, Vic… I want to be with you.”
“I want to be with you too.” I answered honestly, meaning it in more way than one.
Kellin was slowly becoming my life and I wanted to show him that.
He was perfect.
In every single way possible, he was absolutely perfect.
I’ve only been with him for a couple of weeks, and I already felt closer to him than I ever thought possible.
So close in fact, I had a surprise.
Tony had helped me with it, engaging the help of Jesse from Sleeping with Sirens as well to keep Kellin distracted.
After Mike had caught us naked two days ago, even he had to agree we seemed perfect together.
In fact, this was Mike’s idea.
“Okay, I really have to go Kells.” I finally muttered, pushing his arms off of me.
I hated letting him go.
I loved him.
It was just an hour though, and we had a show to play.
If it wasn’t for the fans, we never would have made it, and we never would have ended up on this tour.
I would have never met Kellin if it wasn’t for them.
“Fine.”
“You’re going to be standing side stage, right?” I asked, pressing a kiss to his forehead.
“Like I always am.” Kellin answered proudly.
“Good.”
It wouldn’t work out if he wasn’t really to step on the stage and stand right next to me.
“Pierce the Veil in five minutes!”
“Fuck!” I yelled, jumping up.
Patting down my hair, I ran out of the dressing room and towards the stage.
Tony, Mike, and Jaime were already waiting for me.
One of our techies helped me with the in-ear piece and I was ready to go.
Jumping around for a minute, I counted that as my warm-up and faced my band members.
“Are you ready?” I asked, meaning more than one thing.
“Yes!”
“Are you ready?” Tony asked seriously, glancing at the lump in my pocket.
“Yes!”
“Alright then…” Tony started uncertainly. He reached over and hugged me tightly before whispering in my ear.
“I really hope this is a good idea…” he muttered.
“Pierce the Veil to the stage!”
We ran onstage, already jumping around.
Mike was hitting an intro beat on the drums while I made sure my guitar was properly set up.
Nodding towards Mike, he stopped playing and I greeted the crowd.
We played our set list without a problem.
“Thank you Memphis!” I yelled out. “We’ve been Pierce the Veil!”
The crowd cheered in response, falling into the rhythm of chanting out, “One more song!”
“You want one more song?” I asked, smiling widely.
I took the screaming in response as a whole-hearted yes.
“Alright!”
Glancing at Tony, I nodded and signaled for them to start playing one of our earlier songs.
The intro key to Yeah Boy and Doll Face started.
“Were you honest when you said, ‘I could never leave your bed’?” I sung out, looking over the giant crowed.
“Wake me up and let me know, you’re alive! And will you fall in love again? Is the scent slowly spreading? I’ve been answering machines all night!”
When we finished the song, I was out of breath.
“That was amazing guys!” I complimented. “Before we leave, there’s just something that I wanted to say.”
Glancing towards the edge of the stage, I could see Kellin watching me curiously.
“How knows Kellin Quinn from Sleeping with Sirens?” I asked, grinning at him.
Screams.
“How many of you know we’re dating?” I asked, receiving louder screams in response.
Honestly, our fans were amazing.
They were incredibly supportive.
“Alright, can you guys welcome Kellin to the stage?” I yelled out, gesturing towards him.
He seemed hesitant as he stepped onto the stage, and stood beside me with a small smile.
Turning towards him, I reached into my pocket and took out a plain white box.
There was a simple ring inside, with a heart carved into it.
On the inside, the words “Your Forever Is All I Need” engraved into the shining metal.
Yeah, I had used his own lyrics.
It was a promise ring, and I wanted to give it to him.
Taking a deep breath, I took one of his hands and started to speak. “I know I haven’t known you for very long, but I’ve realized something. I’m in love with you Kellin Quinn Bostwick, and I want to show the world that. This ring is my promise that I’ll love you forever.”
Sliding the ring onto his finger, I kissed the top of his hand.
“I love you.” I whispered, leaning in to kiss his lips.
He was barely responsive; in fact, he didn’t even move his lips back.
He was literally speechless.
Chuckling, I placed a hand on his back and faced the crowd.
They were literally screaming.
“Thank you Memphis!” I yelled, dropping the microphone and walking offstage with Kellin.
The rest of my band followed, but left us alone.
They rushed towards the dressing room, sending us smirks before leaving us alone.
The roadies were tearing down our set, preparing for You Me Six.
“So…” I started, grinning widely.
“Vic.”
“Isn’t it beautiful?” I started, taking the ring off his finger. I turned it over, showing him the script.
“You…really put a lot of thought into this, didn’t you?” he choked out, turning slightly pale.
“Yeah.” I blushed. “You just don’t know how much I love you.”
“Vic.”
“Tony went with me to find it, actually.” I admitted. “It was Mike’s idea really, but I’m glad he thought about it.”
“Vic.”
“Do you like it? If you don’t, I can always return it and find something you like better.”
“No, it’s beautiful, but Vic…”
“You don’t mind that I used one of your lyrics, do you?” I asked, suddenly worried.
I had asked Jesse and Jack, and they didn’t mind.
They thought it was perfect.
“Vic…”
“Kellin!” I laughed, throwing my arms around him and just holding him tight.
I never felt as safe as I did when I was with him.
“Vic!” he yelled, sounding frustrated.
“What?”
“I, I can’t do this.”
“Do what…?” I asked cautiously.
“This!” Kellin yelled, throwing his arms in the air. “This ring, this relationship, you! Vic, I can’t do this!”
“I…”
I couldn’t speak.
“I don’t think we should be together Vic! It’s not right, okay?”
“Kells…” I choked out. “But, I love you!”
He stayed silent, as if he were contemplating something. His eyes shined with frustration and pain.
He didn’t know what to do; he literally seemed lost.
“I don’t love you though!” Kellin yelled, before turning on his heel and walking off. “You don’t mean anything to me! It was all a game, Vic! We’re done!”
He walked away then, leaving me alone.
The intro notes to You Me at Six’s first song started playing, giving me a moment to freely break down.
I couldn’t feel my knees anymore; my legs had become really weak.
I fell forward, just barely catching myself.
“Kellin…” I cried out, wrapping an arm around my waist.
I had literally been ripped in two pieces, the ragged edges of burning with every move I made.
“Kellin…” I repeated, wiping the tears from my cheeks.
Looking towards the stage, I could see Josh staring at me with a sad smile on his face.
He tapped the side of his head, motioning towards the in-ear piece.
Fuck.
I was still wearing mine, and it was still turned on.
I felt myself turning red as I realized he, and probably half the crew had heard my pathetic cries.
Just, fuck.
Ripping out the piece and microphone, I pulled myself off the floor and left the venue.
I needed someone, and I needed them desperately.
I couldn’t go to my own band, they would end up killing Kellin and I really didn’t want to talk to Tony for some reason.
Maybe it was his earlier hesitance, but I felt it would be an ‘I told you so’ moment for him.
A feeling of déjà vu crept over me as I headed towards Bring Me the Horizon’s bus with fresh tears falling.
I needed my best friend…and maybe some tea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Second & Sebring; Of Mice & Men

I'M SORRY GUYS.

By the way...if you don't hate me too much for this update, would you mind giving my Fransykes a chance?
I just started it today.
Because of this story, a lot of people requested a pure Fransykes.
It's called A Lie Too Late