Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much! Subscribe to the sequel, please!

The Sky Under the Sea

That Kiss Tastes Like Summer

[Kellin's POV]

It’s like I was drowning.
Every sound had become muffled, I couldn’t hear a single sound that surrounded me.
It’s as if I had fallen into the depths of the ocean, the water filling my eyes and blocking all noise.
The water was like ice, numbing me to the core and refusing to let any feeling through.
Through the smudged windowpane, I could barely see anything.
There were shards of metal, contorted into ungodly shapes and flashing lights surrounding hoards of people.
I couldn’t process what had just happened; my mind wasn’t about to let me understand.
It was protecting me from reality.
Behind me, I could vaguely sense Mike and Jaime’s conversation but I couldn’t hear it.
I couldn’t hear anything.
There was a constant croak of a “No.” every few seconds, growing louder and louder with each pass.
Still, I couldn’t think.
The scene in front of me was moving, swaying towards the left, to the right, and then back again.
It was a piercing scream that broke through my thoughts.
When that blood-chilling shriek sounded off again, the air reached my lungs and I realized…I was screaming.
The scene was moving because of my own lack of balance.
It was like a reaction.
Beside me, Tony had grabbed onto my waist in an attempt to keep me upright as he let out a shriek of his own.
“Vic!” he yelled, tears starting to stream down his cheeks. “ViC, IT CAN’T BE YOU!”
It was the hysterical manner in his voice that brought me back.
Tony was always the calm one.
Yet, this accident had brought him to his knees in a disoriented and sobbing mess.
Looking back out the window, things became clear.
The flashing lights and repeating sirens belonged to the ambulances…
The messed up planks of metal were cars…
The silver car…
Tony was still holding me, but I couldn’t understand if it was for his comfort or my own sake.
Focusing on Mike and Jaime, I tried to find solace in their eyes.
They both looked horrified, but Mike had gone several shades of pale.
He was a sickly gray color.
“M-Mike?” I stuttered out, just wanting to make sense out of everything that was happening.
“Ja-Jaime…” Mike finally spoke, locking eyes with the bassist. “We need to see, see if he’s okay.”
With a nod, they both ran off the bus in a desperate hurry.
That’s when it hit me.
The confusion and outright refusal of wanting to understand faded away and I was left with the realization.
The car that had flipped three times across the highway and smashed against the railing…that was Vic.
The crowds of people and ambulances approaching…they were all for Vic.
“Oh my God…” I breathed, stunned.
“Let me see him!” Tony screeched, jumping off the couch and running for the door Mike had left wide open.
“Tony!” I pleaded, taking a hold of his arm.
The tears were spilling steadily, I couldn’t see straight.
Yet, I couldn’t let Tony go. I wasn’t about to let him see Vic in the state he was in right now.
It wouldn’t end well.
Despite Tony being taller and more built than me, I was able to keep him on the bus easily.
The shock had reduced him to a limp mess, unable to fight back.
“Let go of me!” Tony yelled, not trying to pull away anymore. “ViC! I’M COMING FOR YOU, VIC!”
His cries were shattering my heart; how hurt was he?
“Tony, please don’t do this to me…” I begged, forcing out the words and just collapsing on the ground.
My knees couldn’t support me anymore.
“Kellin…” Tony whispered, opening his arms and letting me climb into his lap.
He held me tightly as we waited.
We were just two broken souls, finding hope in each other as we waited for whatever would happen.
“He’s going to be okay.” Tony decided, a pained look on his face. He didn’t believe his own words.
It’s okay, I didn’t believe them either but someone had to offer the false hope right?

“Let’s go!” Jaime yelled, stepping on the bus.
Twenty minutes had passed since they ran off, and Jaime was finally returning to us.
“Where’s Mike?” Tony asked, stroking my hair.
Jaime locked the door and told the bus driver something before answering the question.
“He’s riding in the ambulance with Vic.”
Jaime was looking at me with an indifferent expression.
I hadn’t said a word since Tony and I collapsed to the floor together.
The tears were still streaming steadily, but it’s as if someone had pressed the mute button to me.
“Is…Vic okay?” I forced out, sitting up.
“I don’t know.” Jaime answered honestly. “He was unconscious when they pulled him out of my car…there was a lot of blood.”
His tone was soft.
Instead of replying, I laid back on Tony’s lap and closed my eyes.
I didn’t think.
I didn’t speak.
The sound of the engine blocked out all my thoughts as we rushed towards the closest hospital.
Vic was waiting for me.
He would be okay, and listen to me. He would forgive me, and I would kiss his bruised lips.
He would take me back, and we would be okay.
We’re going to be okay.
“Kellin…” Tony was shaking my shoulder, shifting underneath me.
Opening a bleary eye, I looked up.
“Let’s go.” Jaime spoke up, throwing me a Navy blue sweatshirt; it belonged it Vic.
Following them off the bus, I stared at the ground.
Inside, we found Mike pacing maniacally in front of the ER entrance, a terrified expression on his still-pale face.
“Mike!” Jaime called out, getting the lanky drummer’s attention.
He looked up, a sigh of relief escaping his thin lips as he ran towards Jaime, attacking him in a hug.
Safe in the bassist’s arms, Mike let out a shaky breath and allowed a tear to roll down his cheek.
His brown eyes shined with more, but he refused to let them fall.
“He’s going to be okay, Mikey.” Jaime soothed, sitting him down in one of the hard hospital chairs.
“He’ll be okay…he was waking up in the ambulance.” Mike informed the rest of us, still worried.
“That’s good.” Jaime nodded.
Despite the good news, I still couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong with Vic.
I wouldn’t be reassured until I saw him myself.
Until I saw him open his eyes and smile at me and promise me that we were going to be okay.
“Hey, Kellin…” Tony whispered, rubbing my back softly. “How are you holding up?”
“F-fine.” I choked out, wiping away remaining tears.
“Come here.” He mumbled, holding me closer.
“I’m just scared.” I admitted in a small voice, glancing towards Mike and Jaime’s bodies.
They had calmed down significantly, nervously awaiting any news that could change their mood.
Three hours passed, and we were all sitting in silence.
Mike had started to droop, leaning against Jaime and occasionally closing his eyes restlessly.
Jaime had urged him to sleep, but Mike refused.
“I don’t want to miss any news.” Mike had muttered, a stubborn look in his glassy eyes.
“I’m going to bring us some coffee.” Tony decided, standing up.
My body became cold as he let go of me, standing up and stretching his long legs.
“I’ll come with you.” I offered, thinking a change of scenery would be a good thing.
“Alright.”
We ambled towards the elevator, riding it towards the second floor where the crappy cafeteria was.
“You doing okay?” Tony asked, smiling softly.
“Yeah.”
There wasn’t a point in worrying when there wasn’t any news; it just made waiting that more agonizing.
“I’m glad, I hate seeing you so upset.” Tony sighed, locking eyes with mine and gazing intensely.
I couldn’t help but notice the beautiful color.
They were a rich chocolate, almost as deep as Vic’s where.
The light in the elevator twinkled off his micro dermal piercing, throwing me off slightly.
I was used to the glint against Vic’s nose, when it came to gazing at this soft, tan skin color.
He grinned widely, making me smile.
“You’re beautiful, Kellin…” Tony breathed, leaning in closer.
“So are you.” I mumbled, not really thinking about it.
Without a second thought, I closed the space between us and let my lips linger against his.
They were a different feel from Vic’s, but the smooth warmth was still a nice feeling.
His hands started caressing the sides of my face, running against the tattoo on my collarbone.
They continued down my chest, and ended at my sides.
Instead of continuing down like I expected, they wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer.
Letting out a sigh, I parted my lips just slightly.
It was enough for his tongue to slip in and flick against the front of my teeth in a gentle manner.
There was a sudden ding, causing us to jump away as the elevator doors opened.
A blush was working its way up my cheeks.
“Oops.” Tony grinned shyly, a slight blush coloring his cheeks.
“Yeah.” I nodded, biting my lip.
“I’m sorry Kells.” Tony sighed, scratching the back of my neck. “I guess I just needed a sense of comfort.”
“No, I totally get it.” I assured him, taking his hand. “After that accident, we just needed to release stress.”
“So…we’re good?” Tony asked, looking at our interlocked hands.
“We’re good.” I nodded.
I was just showing him there wasn’t going to be any awkwardness happening between us.
We were still friends…who had accidentally locked lips.
Stepping off the elevator, we headed towards the cafeteria where we purchased four cups of coffee.
“Let’s go back before they send a search party.” Tony laughed, guiding me towards the elevator.
Standing against opposite walls, we rode back to the waiting room in absolute silence.
My lips were still tingling and my head was spinning.
It wasn’t supposed to mean anything…so why was I wishing he would kiss me again?
Shaking my head, I followed Tony back to the others.
Jaime was waiting by himself, a smile settled on his face.
“Kellin!” he shouted out, once we were in hearing distance. “Tony!”
“What’s up?” Tony asked, handing Jaime a cup.
“We can go see Vic!” Jaime announced, leading us towards a hallway. “Mike is already with him.”
The news was enough to make me forget about Tony.
The love of my life was awake!
He was fucking alive and I would get to see him and explain and love him and kiss him and marry him…and oh, fuck.
I’m just rambling again.
Keeping a giant smile on my face, I practically ran down the empty hallway.
I would have run, but I didn’t know where Vic’s room was.
That, and I had an extremely hot coffee in my hands and I didn’t want to spend the next hour being treated for third-degree burns instead of seeing Vic.
Finally, we reached Vic’s room.
Stopping dead in my tracks, I glanced at Jaime with a scared expression lingering in my eyes.
“How…is he?” I asked, suddenly not wanting to see him.
What if he was really hurt?
“He’s unconscious right now…sedated really.” Jaime started, giving me a sympathetic look. “The windshield popped, so his face is a bit cut up. It’s not too bad, I promise! There is one that needed stitches.
Um, thankfully he didn’t fly out the window…” Jaime laughed, causing me to glare at him.
“Not funny.” I muttered.
“Anyway…” Jaime continued. “He ended up slamming against the steering wheel, so his torso is really bruised.”
“Anything else?” Tony asked, the smile falling off his face as his eyebrows creased with worry.
“He…has a concussion…and he broke his wrist.” Jaime finished.
“Well, fuck.”
Forgetting about everything, I tried to walk in the room.
Tony was holding on to my wrist.
Taking Mike’s coffee, Jaime walked into Vic’s room and started whispering to Mike.
“Kellin…” Tony whispered, looking at me.
“He’s perfectly fine, just a little bent up.” Tony continued, pressing his lips against mine again.
He walked in, leaving me outside in a daze.
Shaking my head, I walked inside the room bracing myself to take in Vic’s cut up face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Boy Who Could Fly; Pierce the Veil

Holy shit, I love this chapter!
Sorry it's been a little while since I've updated, but I've had a couple Culinary-related events to work and stuff.

Oh.
Before I fucking forget, here's a fucking idea.
DON'T steal MY fucking story, and everything will be okay.
Okay?
It fucking pisses me off.