Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much! Subscribe to the sequel, please!

The Sky Under the Sea

Contagious Chemistry

[Kellin's POV]

“Kellin, wake up!”
Someone was practically shouting in my ear as I tried to catch up on some much needed sleep.
“Shut up.” I grumbled, reaching over to pull the covers over my head.
“Wake up!”
It was suddenly cold as the blanket was yanked off of me, thrown against the floor.
“Go away!” I complained, curling up into a ball to keep warm.
“Kellin, we need to go to dinner and meet the other band members.” Jesse continued, sitting down.
I could feel the mattress dip where he sunk down.
“Shouldn’t I already know the members to my own band?” I muttered stupidly, before realizing what he meant. “Oh!”
“Yeah…” Jesse laughed, standing back up. “We’re meeting three new bands tonight!”
“That’s cool, send me a postcard.” I mumbled, shutting my eyes once more from the intruding light.
When I didn’t hear a respond, I figured he was letting me go back to sleep. As my body started to relax, I was suddenly pulled onto the floor.
“Hey!” I yelled out.
“I was just helping you up Kellin.” Jesse smiled, looking down at me.
“You are a cold hearted bastard!” I shouted, sitting up. The floor was actually quite comfortable, but I wasn’t telling him that.
He’d probably throw me out the window next…
When you’re on the eighth floor of a hotel, you do not want to be thrown out the window.
“Sunshine, there ain’t a thing that you can do that’s going to ruin my night!” Jesse belted out, slightly off-key.
“What the hell are you singing?” I asked, finally standing up.
“Caraphernelia.”
“Uh…?” I questioned, running my hand through my hair.
Jesse laughed, messing my hair even more. “Unlike you Kellin, I actually bothered to listen to our new tour family’s music. It’s by Pierce the Veil.”
“Well, I’ve been busy!” I lied.
“Doing what? Moping over Justin and pretending to write music? Locking yourself in your room and ignoring your friends?”
“Something like that…” I shrugged.
“Whatever Kellin, but this is your chance to actually socialize. I don’t want you spending this tour like you spend your home life. Get dressed- we’ll meet you in the lobby.”
“Okay.”
Once the door clicked- and automatically locked- behind him, I walked into the adjoining bathroom and stared at my reflection.
Without a doubt, I looked like I just woke up.
Ugh.
Splashing cold water on my face, I tried to bring color back to my drained out face before moving onto my hair.
Brushing my hair, I smiled when it actually smoothed down and cooperated.
I didn’t want to scare the new tour mates off so soon.
The skinny jeans I was wearing were fine, so I just changed my shirt and slipped into a pair of red Toms before running down to the lobby.
“Kellin, I swear it took longer to wake you up than it did for you to get ready!” Jesse complained.
“Sorry.” I laughed, checking the time on my phone.
It was a little after six.
“What matters is he’s finally here and we can go meet the rest of the bands!” Jack announced, grabbing my hand.
He dragged me across the lobby and out into the street. A few minutes later, we arrived at Chili’s.
“We’re late because of you.” Gabe muttered, opening the door for me. “I was about to die of starvation.”
“Sorry.” I laughed, waiting for the rest of the band to file in.

We were seated at a large table, which I suspected was several placed together.
“Well, I guess we should start introducing ourselves.” An accented voice spoke up once we were all seated.
“Let’s start with the drummers!” someone else spoke up. “I’m Dan Flint, drummer for You Me At Six.”
“Matt Nicholls, drummer for Bring Me the Horizon.”
Glancing at Gabe, he finally spoke up. “I’m Gabe from Sleeping with Sirens.”
“Mike Fuentes; drummer and ladies’ man extraordinaire for Pierce the Veil.”
The rest of the members followed suit, leaving the lead singers for last. Usually the front men introduced themselves first and forget the drummers, so this was a nice change.
“I’m Oli Sykes.” The same accented voice from earlier spoke up. “I’m the front man for Bring Me the Horizon.”
The rose tattoo on his neck would make him easy to remember.
“This is Josh Franceschi, my best friend and current boyfriend.” Oli continued, causing Josh to blush.
“I thought we weren’t telling anyone.” Josh wondered.
“What’s the fun in that?” Oli asked. “It’ll make it easier when I randomly attack you with kisses after the show.”
“True. You guys don’t have a problem with that, do you?” Josh asked everyone else.
“Are you kidding?” Justin spoke up. “Kellin over here is gay. You might have to put Josh under lock and key at night.”
“Justin!” I blushed.
He winced slightly, and judging from the smirk on Jesse’s face, I could safely assume he kicked him or something.
“Well, I guess you already know I’m Kellin.” I started. “Kellin Quinn and I am the lead singer for Sleeping with Sirens.”
Glancing at the last guy who hadn’t introduced himself yet, I blushed when I noticed he was staring at me.
His tanned face was hidden by locks of long hair, but I could see the nose ring that glinted off the lights.
His smile was absolutely attention-grabbing and I wanted to get lost in his eyes.
“I’m Vic Fuentes…”
He smiled shyly at my direction before continuing. “I’m front man for Pierce the Veil, Mike’s my brother.”
That would explain the same last name.
After that, everyone broke off into smaller conversations, getting to better know the other members.
Vic was sitting right next to me, and he kept shooting me little glances.
“Hey.” I greeted.
“Kellin, right?”
“Yeah.”
We started talking about music, and by the time the waitress came to take our orders, we were practically on the floor laughing.
There was something about Vic’s personality that just drew me in.
Smiling, I couldn’t help but look forward to the next three months with my closest friends and…Vic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: You Me at Six

Sorry about the wait! ...and the not so developed ending. I only had five minutes to finish this chapter and if I didn't post it now, I probably wouldn't until next week.

I'll try to post another chapter by Thursday or Friday!