Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much! Subscribe to the sequel, please!

The Sky Under the Sea

Besitos

[Kellin's POV]

"Los Angeles!"
Pierce the Veil was filing onto the stage, ready to play their first set.
"How's everyone doing?" Vic called out, strumming a chord on his guitar.
Everything is great, thanks for asking.
"Let's get this party started!" he continued, gripping the microphone. "This first song is called Caraphernelia!"
Tony jumped back, playing the notes on his electric, starting off the first song.
The crowd was screaming; they were fucking amazing.
When the song was over, Vic glanced my way before addressing the crowd again.
"This next song is dedicated to my new friend, it's called The Boy Who Could Fly."
"I hope you like the stars I stole for you; one hundred million twinkle lights in neon blue." Vic sang. "I'll be the brightest someday! I'll be the brightest, you'll see!"
I didn't hear the rest of the song, getting lost in my own thoughts.
He was so sweet and such a great person. I don't think I'd ever find a better friend than him.
In the short day I've known him, I could already tell I could trust him with anything.
Locking eyes with him again, I couldn't help but feel a wave of giddiness overcome me.
I'd be lying if I said he wasn't cute.
It was something I didn't want to admit, but I was starting to fall for him.
He drew me in with his personality and I wanted to spend every waking minute with him.
"Planning on fucking the front man?" a voice laughed.
Justin.
His words made me pause for a second. It was a second long enough.
What was I doing? It was incredibly stupid to start crushing on Vic!
Hadn't I learned by now? You don't just hand off your heart on a silver platter like that!
It wasn't safe!
Shaking my head, I tried to pay attention to Pierce the Veil's set instead of wasting away in my thoughts.
Fuck.
He turned towards me, smiling in my direction before continuing with the lyric.
"Were you honest when you said, you could never leave my bed?"
He was singing to a girl he had pulled on stage giving her a hug before helping her down.
I had to stop thinking.
It didn't matter if I liked Vic or not, someone like him couldn't ever like me!
If it wasn't because we were touring together, he wouldn't even look twice at me.
Shaking my head, I ran off towards the dressing room.
I had to "get ready" for my set.
Locking the door behind me, I grabbed my phone from its charger.
The tiny blade was still hidden in the crevices of the case, waiting for me.
Debating for a second, I dragged it across a clear spot on my wrist; ripping apart the skin.
I was about to do it again, when the door handle shook.
"Kellin!" Jack called in, trying to open the door. "Let me in!"
"Just a minute!" I panicked, shoving the self-weapon back into the case an pressing a tissue against the single cut.
Pulling down my sleeve, I unlocked the door with a smile.
"Hey."
"Is anything wrong?" Jack asked, staring at me apprehensively.
"Nope."
He shrugged, grabbing his guitar from the stand and began to tune it.
"You might want to start your warm-ups." he suggested, strumming random chords.

“Good night Los Angeles!” I screamed into the microphone, waving at the audience.
The screamed in return, begging for just one more song.
Throwing them a kiss, I ran offstage followed by the rest of my band.
“That was insane!” I laughed, falling back into the couch in the back room.
“Fuck yes!”
We were back in our dressing room, listening to the bustling sounds of our set being put down.
You Me At Six was next.
There was a knock at the door, and Vic and Tony walked in.
“Kellin!” Tony shouted. “You Kellin’d it!”
Laughing, I threw my arms around him, feeling a high sense of euphoria.
He went around congratulating the other members of Sleeping with Sirens before turning to Vic.
“Vic?” Tony questioned, smirking lightly.
“I can’t believe that was your first actual show!” Vic complimented in awe. “You guys were amazing.”
“Thanks.”
Vic and I were standing inches apart from each other, just smiling and reminiscing in the aftermath of the concert.
I could feel eyes on me; Jesse and Jack were winking in my direction.
“I was wondering…do you want to take a walk with me?” Vic asked shyly, offering his hand.
“Sure!”
Getting up, I flipped off Jack and Jesse behind me back; ignoring the mock kisses they gave each other.
They knew what was going on.
After a moment, Tony caught on and started laughing; he whispered something in Vic’s ear, causing his smile to grow.
It’s not like anything was going to happen.
Nothing could, and nothing would happen between Vic and me.
We were friends, and nothing more.

We were walking along the beach, basking in the silence.
It was such a stereotypical romantic moment, with the waves lapping against the sand and the moon reflecting over the water.
It was a clear, quiet night without a cloud in sight.
We were two miles away from the venue, having taken Jaime's car to the beach.
It was surprisingly empty; just the occasional pair walking alongside the shore.
"Kellin?"
My name broke through the silence, but didn't ruin it.
His voice was warm and gentle, it was a perfect fit to the scene.
"Yeah?"
He motioned towards the ground, sitting down on the cool sand.
The grainy texture tickled my bare feet, sticking to my skinny jeans.
"I just wanted to sit down..." Vic admitted, putting a hand on my knee.
"Okay."
We sat there, staring out into the glittering ocean. I felt safe with Vic, as if I could trust him with anything.
Leaning back, I felt his chest beneath me. He wrapped an arm around me, resting it gently on my shoulder.
"I'm really glad I met you..." Vic started, pressing forward so his chin was resting on my shoulder.
"I am too."
After Justin, I didn't think I could trust anyone anymore.
This wasn't a new love interest; this was a new friendship. I refused to let this turn into something more.
I didn't want to ruin what I had with Vic.
Yeah, there were some feelings there but it wasn't worth it.
I didn't like him like that.
Tugging at the edge of my sleeves, I hissed when a thread caught on one of the healing cuts.
"What's wrong?" Vic asked, worry lacing his tone.
"Nothing."
"Are you sure?" he asked hesitantly.
Pausing, I debated telling him. After all, I felt as if I could trust him with anything."
"Actually, there is..." I trailed off.
"Tell me."
Taking a moment to think, I sat up and turned around so I was facing him.
His dark eyes danced with confusion, the moon bringing out flecks of gold.
Staring at the ground, I mentally counted each stone and pebble as I rolled up the sleeve to the shirt I was wearing.
He stared in interest, letting out a muffled gasp as he caught sight of the skin.
The pale flesh was marred with varying lines; some faded into white while others were only hours old.
The most recent one dribbled tiny dots of blood, where the thread of my shirt had caught.
"Oh, Kellin..."
I bit my lip; was it a good idea to tell him after all?
He kept silent for a few moments before taking my hand in his. He brushed his fingers over the scars, feeling the raised form.
Locking gazes with me, he gave me a sad look before pressing his lips besides the newest one.
"Why?" he whispered, sitting up straighter.
He didn't let go of my hands as he stared into my blue-green eyes.
"I just felt like I deserved it." I admitted. "Every time I do something wrong...I turn to it."
"You shouldn't." Vic sighed. "You're so beautiful Kellin, it breaks my heart to think you've been doing this."
"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, digging my fingers into the sand.
"What did you use?" he asked seriously, tracing the patterns with his thumb.
Taking my hand out of his grasp, I pulled out my iPhone.
He watched silently as I pulled back the case and let the sharpener blade fall out into his palm.
He stared at it for a minute before pulling me up and heading towards the dock.
Stopping at the end of it, he looked down at the black sea. The water rippled, hiding it's depths from us.
"Kellin."
He took my hand and placed the blade back in my grasp before speaking.
"I want you to tell yourself that you don't need this. I want you to promise me that you'll come to me whenever you feel like doing it. Then, I want you to throw it away."
Nodding, I faced the ocean.
"I don't need to hurt myself anymore. I can always turn to Vic or my friends when I need help..." I whispered before dropping it.
It sliced through the surface, sinking into a vast unknown.
Vic placed a hand on my shoulder, turning me towards him.
"You are seriously something important Kells." Kells. I liked that. "I don't want you to do that shit, and I promise you, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure you stop."
My heart started beating faster as he leaned closer, our foreheads touching.
"Whatever it takes." he repeated, closing the distance and pressing our lips together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Pierce the Veil

Kellin likes Vic...but he's afriad.

What do you think about Vic after his conversation with Kellin? What about Justin?
They finally kissed though...what does that bring?

Also, in response to the comment of how often I update!
It's whenever I have time to write, because this isn't my priority story.

My main one is an Andley | Brusnop called Blood and Ink Stained Walls

I've started another story too, if you wouldn't mind giving it some love? It's a Cashby with side pairings called Hands Of A Killer
It's like a whodunit, murderesque story.