Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much! Subscribe to the sequel, please!

The Sky Under the Sea

Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears

[Vic's POV]

It was an unforgettable moment.
It was such a fucking stereotypical romantic scene, but it was still perfect and nothing could ever replace it.
The water lapped besides us and the moonlight shined through the stretched silver clouds.
Everyone always said I was a hopeless romantic, and I guess it was completely true.
I fell in love hard.
It made me feel like a teenage girl every time my heart fluttered and my cheeks heated up.
My hand was resting on Kellin’s cheek, feeling the warmth skin beneath my fingers as his lips molded against mine.
Thoughts were calculating in my head at the speed of light, that I almost didn’t notice the slight push to my chest.
“Vic.” Kellin mumbled, pushing a little harder.
He pulled back completely, leaving me with a dull cold feeling.
His sea green eyes flashed through so many facets of emotion, I couldn’t decipher what he was feeling.
Running his fingers through his hair, he shot me a surprised and exasperated look. Fear coursed through me.
“What the fuck was that, Vic?” he finally settled, closing his eyes.
“I- I’m sorry.” I stuttered, my heart cracking from the rejection. “I just thought-“
“Stop.” Kellin interrupted.
Defeat settled on me, realizing he didn’t return the feelings.
I couldn’t blame him.
He was such a perfect creature; he wouldn’t settle for someone like me.
“Kellin…” I tried again, reaching out.
He pulled back, looking conflicted and worried. “Don’t. I think, I think I should go.”
I didn’t stop him, watching as he turned back towards the main road and started beach parking lot.
Sitting down on the edge of the dock, I let my feet hang above the dark surface of the water.
He didn’t like me.
He didn’t return the feelings after all.
I didn’t know what to feel; honestly, it was a strange course of numbness.
Tony was wrong.
At least I wouldn’t have to worry about Mike finding out; he’d kill me if he found out I was dating a boy.
Was.
The word rang through my head in a silent mourn. Each letter was a knife, cutting through me as emotion ran through.
He wouldn’t be mine.
Sighing to myself, I lay back against the wooden planks and stared up at the cloud covered sky.
There weren’t any stars tonight.
Something hard pressed against my leg, before I realized they were the keys to Jaime’s car.
Shit.
Jumping up, I narrowly missed falling into the depths of the deep blue and ran towards the practically empty parking lot.
“Kellin?” I called out softly, as I reached Jaime’s car.
It was silent for a moment before I finally heard his soft whisper of a voice.
“Yeah?”
“Where are you?” I called out, walking around the perimeter of the car.
He was sitting near the passenger’s side, his knees tucked against his chest as he stared towards the water’s edge.
“I’m sorry… I forgot we took the car here.” Kellin answered sheepishly.
He wouldn’t look at me.
“Let’s go back.” I suggested tonelessly, unlocking the door.
He nodded gratefully, climbing in.
The two mile drive was painfully silent as Kellin stared out the window and I focused on the road in front of us.
There wasn’t any music playing, just the held in sounds of our breathing and the racing thoughts in my mind.
When I pulled up at the venue’s parking lot, Kellin acknowledged me with a hesitant smile. “Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.” I nodded, turning off the ignition.
He climbed out, hurrying inside of Sleeping with Sirens’ tour bus.
Following suit, I climbed out of the car and considered what I could do instead. I wasn’t about to go back to my tour bus.
My eyes were dead, and I was desperately trying to hold back tears.
Mike would notice!
Hell, Tony would notice as well and would want to know what was wrong as well. If he found out the truth, he’d murder Kellin for leading me on.
I didn’t know what to do.
Walking around, I tried to find solace in the silence and just let my mind wander to anything but Kellin.
It was no use; I was standing behind someone’s tour bus when the tears started streaming involuntarily.
Sliding down the wall, I sat on the cold asphalt and just cried.
It wasn’t fair.
Everyone always got their happily ever after, and all I received was false hope and a shattered love.
That’s why you shouldn’t give your heart out on a silver platter, I reminded myself.
Fuck it.
I couldn’t help it but fall in love with those beautiful blue eyes that tinted green in the light.
His dark brown hair that just flipped to the side without trying…
He was perfect in my eyes; scars and all.
Why couldn’t he see that I’d love him? Through every flaw and mistake, I would love him endlessly.
I could hear a door open and footsteps.
“Hello?”
The Sheffield accent was a dead giveaway.
“What’s wrong Vic?” Oli asked, stepping in my line of sight. He crouched down in front of me, resting a hand on my shoulder.
“K-Kellin.” I stuttered out.
“What happened?” he prodded, taking my hand and pulling me up.
“H-he, I love him.” I whispered, hiccupping slightly.
“Come on.” Oli offered, taking me back to his bus. “Nothing helps more than a good friend and a proper cup of tea.”
I smiled slightly; the United Kingdom was basically the fandom for tea.
“I’d like that.” I mumbled, following Oli onto his bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Pierce the Veil

Oh, look.
An update.
I'm not dead! Yet.

Anyway, comment!