Sequel: I Just Love Her

Concussions

One

I sat next to Geno as I waited for Jordan to walk back to the VIP area. The Penguins were in town so I felt the need to socialize with my boyfriend’s team instead of my best friend’s. Oh the struggles of living in Philly and dating a Penguin. I saw Sidney Crosby walk into the VIP area and I instantly wanted to scream. I guess you can say I’m a Philadelphia Flyers fan stereotype and an outcast of the female population…. I hated Sidney Crosby. He noticed the change in my mood as I saw Sidney.

“You need breathe,” he said seriously in his broken English. I giggled a little. I loved when he tried to talk.

“I really should learn Russian,” I commented back to him with a smile. He just nodded.

“Hi baby,” Jordan’s voice was next to me ear as he pressed a kiss to my neck. I blushed and looked at him.

“Hey Staal!” his voice spoke and my neck stiffened. Why can’t he be traded? Honestly. Why can’t he get traded to Philly? Like what happened with Max.

“I really hate you,” I muttered under my breath as I stood up. I sent a glare to Sidney who towered over my short stature. I sighed loudly. I started walking away as I heard his loud mouth talk.

“She really hates me, eh?” I stopped in my tracks and turned around like a robot.

“Crosby, if you have something to say to me then say it to my face and not my boyfriend.” I stared up at him as I got closer.

“Cheyenne, you honestly need to stop being so delusional.” he retorted. I felt Jordan’s stare on me hold.

“Me? Delusional? Shouldn’t you be telling yourself that because of all of the concussions you’ve had?” I didn’t care if it was a low blow.

“Like you haven’t had one,” he didn’t even think. How is that okay to bring up? I felt tears prick at my eyes, but I blinked hard. I couldn’t let him know that it effected me. I felt a hand grab mine and I saw Jordan stand up from the corner of my eye.

“Sid, no. Do not even bring that up about my girl,” Jordan’s voice was loud and angry.

“She’s the one that walks around like a whore. She deserved it,” I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. Jordan dropped my hand, I couldn’t stop him from going at Sidney as I broke down. Who even says that someone deserved to get raped? I looked up and saw the whole VIP area staring at me. They were waiting. They were waiting for me to stop Jordan from punching the captain. No one moved as Jordan stared at Sidney. His hands were clenched.

“Stop,” Geno’s voice was loud and pronounced as he stepped between them. His hand patted Jordan’s back and pointed to me. He turned towards me and I didn’t even think, I buried my face into his chest as sobs racked my body. Jordan’s arms wrapped around my waist tightly and held me close.

“I’m so sorry he said that, babe. He had no right and it was uncalled for. You didn’t deserve what he did to you baby. I promise,” he kissed my hair and rubbed my back soothingly. As the tears stopped, I lifted my head from the warmth of his chest. I sniffled slightly.

“Can you take me home?” I asked quietly. He nodded. We didn’t say goodbye to anyone but Geno knew we were leaving just by the way Jordan and I were standing.

“Staalsy, no worry about Sidney. I take care of it.” I smiled softly at him as I left Jordan’s arm and wrapped my arms around Geno. He immediately engulfed me into a comforting hug. He whispered something in Russian to me. He let go of my body and I looked up at him as a stray tear left my eye. His hand wiped it away.

“I love you Geno,” I kissed his cheek softly before turning towards Jordan. Our hands found each other in the dark room and we walked out of the VIP area, through the club to outside. The brisk air of October hit my body. It was warm for an early October night but it was nice. Soothing almost. We walked through the not so busy downtown area to his hotel room.

The hotel was only a few blocks away from the club. Once we got to the empty lobby of the hotel, we stopped walking. Jordan turned towards me and pulled me into a tender but hard kiss.

“I love you, so much. I’m so sorry about Crosby. You know how he is. Concussions from playing hockey aren’t the same as the concussion that you got.” he kissed me again, softer then before. It was like he was trying to apologize for Sidney. We both know he would never actually apologize to me for what he said. I nodded.

“It’s ok.. I just wish you would get traded babe.” I murmured before walking towards the elevator. I pressed the button and watched the door. My hand ran through my hair as the door opened. I walked halfway into the elevator and turned around, Jord was jogging over to the elevator.

“I love you too,” I smiled softly at him as he got in the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I'm writing a sequel or two or this one shot, so don't worry. Hehe. c: Let me know what you thought of this!