Status: Book 1 Complete! Second addition started!

Nothing Personal

Animalistic

"Derek," a voice had pulled him out of his subconscious. Derek bolted up, suppressing a wince as his stuff body cried out. "Derek."

"Maddy?" Derek asked as his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting but the figure in front of him didn't look anything like her. It looked a lot like… "Dr. Deaton?"

The African-American grinned. "Yes, it's me. You'll be weak for a little bit." And right on cue, Derek stumbled back as he was pulled onto his feet. "Don't worry, you're still an Alpha but not the confident one you like to think of yourself as." He said, shaking his head, dismayed.

"What about Peter?" Derek asked, eyeing the hole.

"I wish I could tell you," Dr. Deaton, "but I can't. I do know that what he did doesn't come without a price. He'll be weak, too, and will rely on someone for strength to do his bidding. He's cunning, Derek, and will do anything he can to worm into your head and eat at your insecurities."

"Maddy," Derek thought out loud, smelling the air. "She was here."

"Maddy?" Dr. Deaton asked, confused.

"Uh, never mind," Derek fixed his mistake.

She was here, he knew it. He knew the smell of her exotic fruit of her shampoo anywhere. His face contorted. Peter needed someone to rely on. He doubted it was him but what about Maddy? She was another Alpha, so it couldn't be another coincidence…another Alpha…another target.

His eyes widened. He had to get to her before Peter did.

Madison was shaken on her drive home. Her fingers tapped incessantly on her wheel and she gnawed nervously on her bottom lip, trying to make sense of things. She could still smell him in car, as if he was still in her passenger seat, and even in the dim lighting of her car, her advanced sight could still see smears of dirt on her fine leather.

"How much have you gotten done? How far are you?" She locked her jaw remembering his disappointed gaze. "If you keep waiting, you'll lose you chance."

His words shook her and she began to reconsider all of her efforts. She didn't want to feel pressured as his methods were more right-now than hers. It was something they had always disagreed on. Peter had always been an impatient man while she had grown more methodical in her process of retribution. It was ironic, thinking back on when they first met in his recovery room. Wasn't it him who preached her to wait? Now here he was, telling her to act fast even if he barely knew what had been accomplished.

She began to realize how relieved she felt after he had died. She had grown fond of her independence and control. Now with him back in the picture, a small amount of resentment burst from within her, warming her chest from the inside. She tugged at her collar as if to release it but the pressure stayed and as each minute passed, she felt like she was about to erupt in flames.

Sweat lined her forehead and began to dampen her collar. She pushed back her hair, greasing it, as her hair parted unevenly,

I need a break to collect to thoughts, she realized, pulling over. Turning off her ignition, she leaned back into her seat in silence, hoping to clear her mind but her attention was called to her left when she swore she saw something move across her window. Her nerves jumped and her eyes shifted to her animalistic nature. Her glowing red eyes burned in the dark as they scanned the woods for anything.

A scrape of metal deafened her ears and she turned her head to her right where she was caught in an intense glare of yellow, reptilian eyes. Her breath was caught in her throat, deep in disbelief until the creature let out a screech and attempted to pull her door out.

Instincts kicked in and Madison lurched to her passenger side, pushing out the door and escaping through the small crack she had provided herself. Immediately she took off running, using her natural talent.

She sprinted forward, the creature catching her trail but still a distance away. Madison didn't look back, focused forward to the water she knew was a short distance away. She had gathered enough information to know that the thing didn't like water and if she could keep an advantage, she would. Her lungs burned as she whipped passed the trees, her agility allowing her to get by without a scrape.

The creature was having difficulty following her, never having encountered an individual who was equal to him. Jackson didn't realize –primal mode or not –she had the advantage of knowing the territory, being an experienced runner, and being in full control of her acute senses, understanding them more than her reptilian opponent.

It locked onto her glowing blond locks that flowed behind her, lifted by the wind of her speed. It leapt forward over a log but it couldn't understand why she was getting farther and farther away. He picked up his pace but not without a price as his breath labored. Madison could hear this through his short hisses.

The cold nipped at her bare legs but the warm blood coursing through her legs veins and the adrenaline keeping her focused allowed her to ignore the slight burn of low, cool breeze.

The thought occurred to her that she could shift, leave her clothing behind to distract him for a moment, and run through the lake in her wild wolf form, wash away her second scent, and disappear into the night but she didn't want to run. She wanted to confront this thing so she wouldn't have to repeat this incident for a second time.

She almost fainted when she fell forward into the water, surprised at how fast she came at it, but didn't let the cold paralyze her. Instead she paddled forward, deeper and deeper into the ravine, until she could stand up hip deep into the man-made lake. Her front was soaked and stuck to her flesh as she faced forward. The first few inches of her hair tangled together and she pushed them back to clear her view of the wood's edge where Jackson seethed, nervously pacing at the shore.

"Aw," she taunted, her breath materializing into the cool air as fog before it dissipated. "Is the big bad abomination scared of a little water?" She baby-talked it while dipping her hand into the water and tossing it a few feet forward with an amused expression. "I was told the Kanima takes after its master and since I know Jackson is the swim team's captain, I'm assuming Matty doesn't know how to swim." Madison laughed. "What kind of idiot doesn't know how to swim?" She sighed as a violent shiver made up her spine. Agitated and uncomfortable, she dropped her light tone and glared at the Kanima.

"You tell him this, you overgrown lizard," Madison demanded fiercely. "I can't respect him as an opponent when he can't even fight his own God-damn battles, and secondly, I know more than he thinks. I know a lot more. You also tell him to keep one eye open because I'm livid now. He could give me $600 to replace this dress, add another $300 for the coat," she fingered the heavy hems of her stretched designer dress, "and oh! Don't forget what damage your claws inflicted on my beautiful BMW, too! That'll no doubt make my insurance to skyrocket." She growled ferociously, dipping into her wild nature. "I think his life is a better fitting trade, don't you think?"

The Kanima didn't move. He just stared at her. She began to doubt it even understood her. Despite this though, she would send out a clear message just in case it would deliver the message.

"He made a fatal mistake coming after me. He's a dead man," Madison warned the Kanima loudly.

It tilted his head in an unknown expression. She mimicked it.

The Kanima waited on the shore for her for God-knows how long and as each minute passed, she was getting number from the waist down, losing all sensations in her toes. It was a concerning sign and she knew she had to get out of that situation soon.

Looks like I'm getting completely wet tonight, she decided before she dunked into the water, sinking a few inches below the smooth surface. The Kanima perked up, alerted, anxious as it tried to spot her figure. He spotted something red float to the surface and assumed it was her but was confused to why it stayed there in place. He didn't know in her attempt to elude it, she struggled out of the sticky material and continued in the opposite direction stark naked. She procrastinated on shifting quite yet, worried if the Kanima caught her 'alter ego', it would tie it to her and she wouldn't escape as a black wolf like she had planned. She would wait until the water completely erased her human scent.

The Kanima whined, anxious and nervous. He didn't know how to break the news to Matt. No one else got away before. Matt was specific when he said he wanted 'Aubrey' dead but Jackson only endangered Matt more.

On the other side of the lake, a black wolf climbed onto the shore under the cover of dense shrubbery. Water soaked her coat and she shook it off quickly but couldn't get rid of the heaviness she felt weight her down. Her paws sunk into the soft mud, tainting her silk texture with clumps, collecting bits of grass and snares as she climbed out. After a moment's rest, she shot off, blending into the night as she seethed silently, shaking not only because of the cold but because of her frustration.

She couldn't believe it. Well, she could predict Matt's rashness. He was stupid in that fact he attacked not only hours after she threatened him. He was incredibly cocky and assumed Jackson would do a quick job but she saw many faults with his plan. One, as she already knew, Jackson was incapable of entering water, therefore she spotted his weakened immediately. It was a fatal error on Matt's part as now she had a basic idea what to use against him. Second, Jackson was not familiar with the area. Even she knew it's almost a suicide mission if you try to pursue a target in their element. They can –as Madison proved –outwit you and you will get nowhere. Third, like any war, it was her time to retaliate –just like chess. It was her turn and she was given a better time slot to plan and prepare, as the Kanima was exhausted.

Matt would have the lower hand when she catches him off guard. She'll make it quick. He won't even know she's there until it's too late, too preoccupied with where she could be, hiding most likely because of the way she retreated from Jackson but that was just one of her strategies to fool her opponent, making them get the wrong impression and falsely predict her next move so she could keep her advantage of surprise. He still thinks he's cocky? She grinned, thinking about his expression when he realizes she's had the upper hand all along. That'll show the prick.

The Next Morning…

"Why do you smell?" Tabitha asked as she walked into the kitchen wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt. Madison was leaning over the counter pouring a steaming cup of coffee. Tabitha sniffed again, taken by the rich aroma. "Is that black?" Madison nodded. "Is there anything left?" Madison held out the little bit of black liquid to Tabitha who took it while searching for another mug with her other hand. "You still didn't answer my question. You smell like a wet dog, you know, not like as if you stepped out of the shower but…"

Clover burst in, her nails scratching against the tile as she headed towards the French doors, begging to be let out for her bathroom break. Tabitha held up her finger to motion for a moment after she had set down the pot and mug on the counter. She opened the door and the Lab sprung forward into the fenced yard, keeping her distance from the pool, sniffing the rose bushes before squatting down.

"Dad isn't going to be happy," Madison sung, watching the dog attentively with narrowed eyes. Tabitha noted the dark bags underneath them and how peculiarly pale her skin seemed.

"Are you sick?" She asked concerned.

Madison shook her head. "I had a crazy night last night."

Tabitha nodded slowly as she sat down, preparing herself. Her lips levitated over the rim of her mug, hesitant to taste the rich coffee as the steam was warning enough to know it was scalding hot.

"There's this kid –Matt –who's been a little too interested in Allison," Madison introduced as she opened the door for Clover. The large dog returned to the living room where it collapsed on the carpet and rolled around, getting the itch that plagued its back. "I also suspected he was the master controlling Jackson but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd test it out. I also didn't want this guy caught up in this mess so I give him a friendly warning but…" She laughed nervously, "He had the audacity to threaten me and not even hours later, after I pulled off the road. I realized he had the Kanima trail behind me."

Tabitha gasped, only imagining the terror Madison must of felt but then again, Madison is always cool and collected, just like she was when she retold the story.

"What did it look like?"

"Like an abomination," Madison sneered, remembering its God awful eyes and scaly, rough skin. Its blackened teeth and transparent claws unnerved her but she wouldn't admit it. It was the ugliest creature she ever set her eyes upon. "Sleek, like a snake," she could still imagine its long tail whipping back and forth to keep balance, "green like ivy," she almost puked at the color of its callus like scales. "With these horrendous claws," she all but growled. She retracted her own to compare, noting how more polished and smooth hers was compared with his chipped, cloudy ones. "They embedded themselves into my car and ruined the paint job," she continued to seethe. Her eyes darkened to a pitch black before flashing red for a millisecond. A blink returned them to her usual gray-blue color.

Tabitha gaped, appalled and astounded. She didn't know what was more dangerous, the Kanima or Madison's fury? Either way, the Kanima messed with another force to be reckoned with.

"He tried to chase me but I was faster," and she grinned thinking of it. He wasn't used to being at a disadvantage. "I rushed to the lake and jumped in, keeping him at bay, and there I sent him a lovely little message," she added a hint of sarcasm to her grin as she turned to Tabitha from her extended fingers. "He made a very grave mistake and he will pay for his arrogance. I have no other option than to eliminate him."

"And what about the Kanima," questioned Tabitha. "I mean, without the water, it could get to you and now I'm sure Matt knows you plan to retaliate and will most likely have the Kanima stick around."

"I know Matt," Madison insisted, "he's a lot like me, thus why I'm confident I'll get to him before he gets me," she said, waving a bagel she stole from pantry before lining it with cream cheese. Tabitha scrunched her nose in disgust. "He had an agenda," she explained, "and he can't focus on me when he's focused on another. He's attention is divided therefore he'll be easier to catch off guard. I don't plan to stick around enough for him to call upon his little Lizard servant."

"Won't it want revenge?" Tabitha inquired.

Madison shook her head as she bit into the bagel. "It doesn't have the capability to think for itself and with Matt dead, it will be utterly lost. It won't come after me. It wouldn't know how to."

"Then what," Tabitha continued, "are you going to take it under your wing or leave it for dead?"

Madison gave her a weird look. "Why would I want it? It's another liability. Let someone else deal with that kind of trouble."

"But if you let him roam around, he's bound to cause problems," Tabitha began but Madison cut her off.

"Not my problem. Again Tabs, let someone deal with him," Madison finished, opening the fridge to grab bottled water and taking a long sip. "I'm only after Matt. If Jackson gets in the way during that, I'll put the poor creature out of his misery."

"But it's impossible to kill him," Tabitha argued.

"Depending from whose standpoint," Madison's voice was muffled as she took another bite of her bag, "Perhaps from Stiles or Scott's, I bet," Madison raised a brow as she searched Tabitha's face. Sure enough, she detected an ounce of embarrassment. Ah, so Tabitha had listened to them. "They haven't had the opportunity to experiment with different methods. From what I noticed, they always try external attacks to subdue it but as always, it fails. I have a different plan in mind."

"Like what," Tabitha asked, curious at what Madison could've conjured up.

"I think Derek told me this but they say a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom but it can be poisoned by another's," Madison explained. "Like the King Cobra is almost cannibalistic, where it' poison is toxic enough to digest smaller species of cobras."

"So you're going to try to kill Jackson by giving him Kanima venom?" Tabitha threw out there. "Where the hell do you find another Kanima?"

Madison rolled her eyes. "No, that's not where I'm getting at. Look, I don't have time to explain it. Get dressed. We're heading out to the desert."

"For what," she demanded, standing up.

Madison ignored Tabitha's outburst, as she wasn't just her Beta but her best friend, too, and she was given from leniency when it came to their relationship.

"You're a good snake handler, yes?" Tabitha nodded slowly by unsurely. "We're going to get ourselves a Rattlesnake."

"You think Rattlesnake venom will take down a full sized Kanima," she doubted.

"It's worth a try. From what I seen, the Kanima has a special neurotoxic weapon that paralyzes its victims –like a Coral Snake's, but a Viper's venom eats away at the tissue and nerves, most common side effects extremely painful swelling, burning at the bite area and hemorrhaging with can lead to heart failure."

"Did you Wikipedia this last night?" Tabitha questioned incredulously.

Madison shook her head. "No. I read it in medical book for a report last year on different types of toxins that affect the body. We shared that class, you know, Human Anatomy and Physiology?"

Tabitha sighed, unsure of the situation. She didn't feel right but then again, Madison was always sure about what she did for whatever reason and Tabitha forced herself to trust her Alpha's words.

Later That Day

Madison covered her eyes as the sun beat down on her bare head. Her hair was tied into a neat French braid behind her but that didn't stop the uncomfortable sweating dripping down her neck. She tugged at her collar, unbuttoning the next pair of buttons, revealing a thin white tank under her blouse.

Her partner-in-crime was kneeling down in front of her in a pair of jeans –for safety reasons –and dirt dusted boots tied to her chins. They had stomped loudly the whole way up the steep hill but proved efficient as they climbed over the sharp tips of rocks embedded in the sand. Even in her tennis shoes, Madison still winced every once in a while when she slipped and staggered over hidden rocks. Always dependable though, Tabitha was always there with an outreached hand helping her keep balanced.

"I'm so not used to this," Madison admitted, looking around the dry climate. She never realized this was outside Beacon Hills. Only a forty minute drive and they were stranded in a desert, void of any life and civilization. She was awed. She was reminded of Arizona and Utah, the neighboring states but Tabitha had insisted that California was just as much of a Desert as those states were. And it was not lifeless, she also added, pointing to the dry plants at their feet. They may not seem alive, she explained, but they are the most durable plants you'll ever find. As if to prove her point, a small lizard had skidded across the sand in front of their feet, amusing Madison.

"That's so cute," she had said.

Tabitha simply shrugged.

Suddenly a hissing nose had caught both of their attention, stopping them in their tracks. Tabitha stayed deathly still as she registered the direction of the sound. She looked over to her right where she suspected it hid under a boulder off the gravel path. Madison stayed behind, giving her space.

A large head slipped out, its tongue flickering above the sand to register their scents. Tabitha didn't move quite yet, knowing she would not have a good chance at grabbing it without missing it or resulting in a bite to her wrist. The snake slid back under the shade.

"How the hell do we get it out," Madison asked impatiently. Tabitha shushed her.

"We lure it out," she answered, taking a stick and poking it under the rock, forcing the snake to hiss and shake it trademark tail, rattling loudly. Madison was awed by Tabitha bravery. She knew Tabitha and her brothers used to do this on a daily basis to protect their chickens and livestock but she never seen her in action before. The snake slithered out quickly, usual Viper behavior, contrary to their reputation. She guided it with her stick, as it slithered other it, slowing down, until she sprung her hand forward, pinching it behind the head. Immediately the snake coiled, hissing angrily at being trapped.

"Get the bottle," Tabitha ordered as she lifted it. Madison stared at the snake when Tabitha pinched it harder, forcing it to open it jaws. The fangs were almost invisible from her view but as she stepped closer, despite being thin, were very long and began to drip with a clear substance. "Hurry," Tabitha rushed. "They can only produce so much."

Madison understood the urgency and held it forward. Tabitha held it above the plastic capped above the scientific instrument and pressed downward, allowing the snake to pierce the plastic. Immediately the once clear substance turned into a yellowish hue, Madison could tell, as it dripped down.

"That is enough to kill a man," Tabitha commented as the liquid barely coated the bottom of the container.

"I don't want enough to kill a man," Madison persisted. "I want enough to disable a Kanima."

"Then we got a lot more Diamond-backs to look for before the sun sets," Tabitha said with a nod, adjusting her baseball cap.

Madison nodded as Tabitha lifted the snake off and carefully descended it to the ground, closing its mouth by pressing the palm of her hand on its head, until she could ease her hand from its body. On a count, she jumped back, releasing it. As predicted, it hissed and steered around to face her, spitting and rattling, warning them to back away. Understanding clearly, they left it alone, returning to their path.

"How much do you think is enough?" Madison asked, worried about timing.

"I think 2 more snakes and we'll have enough to 'sedate' him," Tabitha answered approximately.

"I really appreciate it," Madison thanked her sincerely.

"I know," Tabitha acknowledge, not bothering to turn around as her eyes stayed sharply on the sand for any movement though she doubted any snake would be out in the open. "It's the least I can do to make sure Jackson doesn't get you."

"Why don't you come with me?"

"And get myself killed?"

"To look-out while I run in quickly," Madison elaborated.

Later That Night…

Madison had parked her father's Acura outside the sheriff station, shrouding it in the corner farthest away from the entrance. The lights were on inside and she was sure someone was on duty. Tabitha came up behind her, hugging her jacket closer to her body. Madison was also dressed for the cool weather, zipping up her Track jacket.

"So what do you have planned?" Tabitha whispered, ignoring the burn in her throat from the bitter air.

"Just wait here," Madison directed as she pulled her hoodie over her head, covering her hair.

"Then why am I here," Tabitha wondered.

"As a back-up plan," Madison answered, holding out her hand, "venom please." Tabitha didn't hesitate to pull out the long vile from her pocket and place it into Madison's palm. "You'll know when I need you but I highly doubt it'll take long. Stay put and make sure no one sees you."

Madison made her way up to the steps, leaning against the railing as she dipped a few drops into a tiny cloth she had pulled out from her pocket. She recapped the vile and traded it for a knife. She wiped the cloth along the serrated edge of the knife and held it under the moon's light, watching how the venom glistened. She grinned, satisfied with the amount, and turned towards the door again.

Madison boldly stepped inside, her tennis shoes squeaking against the pavement. She was surprised to see no one up front before a strong scent of blood hit her nose. Her curiosity led her to behind the desk where she was met with carnage. She scrunched her nose in disgust, grossed by the excessive blood coating a young deputy's blouse.

Stiles and Scott could see her form from a distance away, only catching her blackened figure but unable to see her face as she faced away from them. Matt noticed their drifting gaze and focused on the stranger hovering over the dead deputy.

"Jackson," he demanded, still holding the gun in the pair's direction, "deal with our guest." The half-shifted boy nodded, his eyes slitting to that of a snake's as his Kanima instinct took over. He lunged out of the room, getting on all fours as his claws scraped against the tile.

Madison didn't turn her head as she recognized Matt's. Instead, she simply lifted it, eyeing the darkened hallway to her left with her peripheral vision and went in an obvious direction, her face still shrouded by her hood, as she lured the Kanima away to a separate corridor, anticipating its fast approach.

What could he be doing? Both Scott and Stiles wondered to themselves, too afraid to speak. Stiles only saw the bottom half of Madison's figure, as he lay paralyzed on the cold floor. He couldn't identify much detail except for a slim hoodie. That didn't give him much to work with…Scott stood over him protectively, as he now identified three threats, one being Matt and his gun, another as Jackson slash Kanima, and now the black hooded stranger. He worried about who else came in and what their intentions could be. He didn't want to risk any harm inflicted to either his mom or Mr. Stilinski.

He was unaware neither of them weren't even in Madison's path as she narrowed her eyes down at the corner of the hall, stepping over another bloody corpse. She could hear the Kanima creeping behind the obstructing wall, waiting to launch itself on her but she had the knife prepared in her hand, facing it forward.

She stopped abruptly and waited for it to reveal itself, knowing it would be impatient and come attack her. As predicted, the Kanima leaned forward, its face in her clear view. It hissed and boldly launches forward, thinking it had the upper advantage as she had nowhere to run, remembering it was one of her talents that let her get away. She grinned at his arrogance. With prepared claws, it tried to grab her but she leapt back far enough it barely caught her but she presented him another opportunity to lunge and the foolish creature did so.

It was too easy, as the creature did exactly what she wanted it to do. It wouldn't realize that she was just toying with it until it was too late.

She purposely feigned a right and then suddenly changed her leaned to left, the Kanima a second behind her, a fatal error on his part as she intercepted him and forced the knife up, pushing it past his tough exterior and further sticking it into his muscle, making it impossible to pull it out without further damage but by the look of his face, he was too stunned to even move his muscles to do so. It let out a meek gasp for air before let out an ear deafening shill. She cringed at the noise but was still aware of it, stepping aside as it collapsed onto the floor, coiling as it shook violently. It clawed at its core where the knife was still embedded but it was futile.

"Here," she suggested nicely, a sarcastic façade. "Let me take that out for you since you seem a little preoccupied." She reached down for the knife and forced it out at an odd angle, causing further damage. The Kanima screeched in agony as blood began to pool out of the X-shaped incision. That's probably the hemoglobin's. She thought, noting how much blood was really pouring watched it thrash with torment as the venom began to eat away at its muscle.

"To think, a little Diamond-back can take down its long, long extended cousin two hundred times its size," Madison thought to herself as she knelt down, eyeing him with disdain. "But just to be sure," she explained, pulling out the vile and a needle. Now that I have an open area, she realized, noting how the X was still was bright as ever, the exposed muscle contrasting against the outer darker scales. She jabbed the needle into the vile, slowing pulling out more venom before tapping the syringe, balancing the level as it filled up half-way.

As the sting of venom that had laced the knife coursed through his system Jackson began to feel the intensity of the toxins, nipping at his nerves as it felt as if acid began to chew away at his veins, making them bulge. The pain was too much to bear and he acted out, begging for the pain to stop. He squealed and hissed, unable to vocalize his torment like his human side could. He could however thrash around, throwing his arms up in all sorts of directions as he lost control of his body. Out of sheer chance, his hand had hit hers in one of his fits, throwing the needle out of her grip and sending it across the room.

She gasped. She was surprised at the momentum he created that had sent her hand flying backwards. She hissed angrily, cradling her wrist and hand as they throbbed painfully, but luckily for her, as she examined her skin, neither of his claws penetrated her skin or even smeared his venom. Instead he just left a nasty blackened bruise that extended past her metacarpals to radius.

"Bastard," she snarled, shaking off the pain as she reached over to retrieve the needle.

Outside Tabitha gripped her wrist in sync, startled by the sudden pain radiating for her wrist. She clutched it but it didn't smother the pain, in fact it only worsened and she found herself leaning against the fence, losing balance. "What the hell…" She mumbled as she stared down at her wrist in disbelief, puzzled to why it wasn't bruising. "What happened to you, Mads?"

She looked up to the building and wondered if she needed help but she was still tied to the Alpha command to stay back and hold the fort. But what if she's seriously hurt? What if the Kanima has the advantage and is about to kill her? She let her imagination run wild.

It was enough to push her off the fence and toward the building in a frantic sprint. She was in such a rush she didn't notice the Tahoe pulling into the parking lot or catch the men jumping out, large firearms in hand, or Allison in the lead with her father as they rounded around the building to use the back entry.

"This might sting a little bit." Madison warned sardonically when she regained the need. She slid the needle into the warm muscle of his opened wound and pressed down, pushing more venom into the infected site. "That ought to keep you down for a while, if not kill you," she assumed, surprised but just as satisfied with the result as Jackson shook and trembling, arching his back as he tossed back and forth in the narrow hallway, unable to shake off the agonizing pain.

"That's for my BMW," she sneered before standing up and heading towards the office where Matt began to panic, realizing something was off.

Jackson had never made those shrieks before. What was happening? He didn't know and it unnerved him. Scott was equally distressed, scared of what could have caused Jackson to sound like that. He imagined the worst monster, uglier than the Kanima and felt an icy chill climb up his spine.

"Maddy!" Tabitha urgently cried out, catching Madison's figure turning the corner. Madison turned around, surprised to see her Beta rushing up to her and engulfing her in an air-tight. "What happened?"

"Nothing," Madison hesitantly reciprocated the hug but then pushed Tabitha away, holding her out at arm's length to gaze at her with troubled, darkened eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I felt that you got hurt," Tabitha held up her wrist although the pain had subsided. "Are you okay?"

Madison nodded. "Yeah I'm fine, now get back outside. I'll finish this quickly," she ordered. Tabitha nodded, trusting her Alpha as she spotted a confident glint in her eyes. Tabitha retreated back, passing the tormented body of Jackson thrashing around on the floor, smearing blood on the tiling as he rolled off his stomach and onto his back. She glanced down at the pitiful creature before averting her eyes straight forward, determined to get that image out of her head.

Matt struggled to keep his calm but the more he called for Jackson, his only response was painful shrieks. Immediately his first thought was of 'Aubrey' but he couldn't imagine a small girl such as her inflicting that kind of damage. He aimed the gun at Scott who was just as troubled by the sudden turn of events. Matt's eyes narrowed at Scott. "What the hell is going on?" He demanded, hysterical.

Before Scott could open his mouth, a sudden flurry of pops deafened his ears as the room they secluded themselves in fell into darkness as the lights were pierced and shattered by a storm of bullets. Glass shattered on the floor as thick smoke blinded them.

Madison jumped back outside the room, surprised and stunned but didn't stay paralyzed for long as she heard a set of light footfalls advance towards the area she was in. Thinking quick, she pressed herself down in a corner, crouching so her head was below of line of thick smoke, making her undetectable.

Tabitha was so close to escaping the building if it wasn't for the little dark-haired surprise awaiting her at the end of the hall. She could barely identify her in the blinding dark but when she tapped into her natural instincts to take advantage of her inhuman sight, she revealed herself to the unknown culprit when her eyes blazed gold.

Allison lifted her crossbow, aiming it at her dark figure, as all her animosity towards Tabitha boiled over.

"Get out of my way," Allison ordered.

"I will, I promise, just let me get something," Tabitha replied, never minding Allison as she turned around to the direction Madison had left, frantic to retrieve her friend as the situation escalated. Suddenly a sharp pain in her back stole her attention. She didn't realize the full force of it until she found herself practically kissing the ground. Along with the sharp jabs in her lower back, she could add a nasty bruise on her forehead. She reached around with her hand, feeling it out to see what had caused it, and her fingers felt the circumference of the arrow lodged deeply in her muscle.

"Damn it," she cursed, squeezing her eyes shut, focusing solely on the arrow as she tried to worm it out. It didn't budge an inch and she found herself in more pain as blood began to seep through the wound and soaked her jacket in the area the arrow had embedded itself in. "Oh God," she stuttered, surprised at the pain a simply little point could inflict. It was almost as bad a bullet. "Bitch," she spat when her eyes registered Allison's figure hovering over her.

When they disappeared into the synthetic smoke, she rose. Her red eyes cut through the darkness, catching the interest of Derek who appeared at the other end of the hall who had been lurking around. He gaped. Confused to why she was here. Was she after the Kanima? Was she was one who took it down? He tried to look for it –following its ear deafening shrieks –but eventually it died down. Derek thought miraculously he must have died but when he went to investigate, her realized it was gone. He assumed it must have dragged itself off somewhere, leaving a long trail of blood.

Her eyes faded out as she headed towards the opposite direction. Derek immediately followed, never minding his pursuers.

Madison recognized the pain in her back as an empathetic connection she shared with her Beta, just as Tabitha had felt her bruised wrist, she now felt Tabitha's puncture wound. She rushed to the site where she smelled Tabitha's blood and noticed another blackened figure hovering over her wounded Beta. Panic surged through her veins as her protective nature took over. She wouldn't have anyone hurt Tabitha, especially some measly hunter.

Her eyes glowed red as her canines pushed through. Allison was unaware of Madison behind her, too focused on her disabled Beta.

"Look who's the big bad wolf now," Allison taunted Tabitha with a grin on her face. She held up the bow to face the ceiling, a sign she didn't plan on killing Tabitha but it infuriated the Latina greatly.

Allison was proud she was able to extract revenge on the she-wolf who had threatened her family. She finally proved she was capable of defending herself but it was a false reality as Madison stepped behind her, claws ready.

"I am," Madison snarled. Allison jolted up but was unable to turn around to face her attacker, as Madison had grabbed her by the back of the neck and pushed her against the wall. Allison tried to focus on her voice but her senses faded out as Madison dug her nails deep into her flesh. Allison cried out at the pain, thrashing around but only worsening the damage for herself. "You should've just stayed out of this," Madison told her, taking her claws out, knowing full well Allison was no longer conscious to fight back.

Allison slid down the wall and onto the floor next to Tabitha who still struggled to take out the arrow from her back but at the angle she was given, it was nearly impossible.

"Did you kill her?" Tabitha had to ask.

"No," Madison replied as she took hold of the arrow. "I have bigger plans for her later. I'm really sorry honey. This is really going to hurt like a bitch." Tabitha nodded, understanding perfectly.

"Anything to get it out," Tabitha begged.

Madison complied and made sure she got a strong hold on the weapon before sliding it out slowly. She wanted to make sure it was a clean cut, so there wouldn't be any complications. Tabitha cried as the steel of the weapon scraped against her muscle.

"Oh God," she cried out, grabbing at her back, feeling that the arrow was indeed gone. "That was an understatement." She stumbled up, nudging up against Allison's unconscious body and hanging onto Madison for balance as she tried to re-support herself. With a heavy breath and pushed off Madison's shoulders and stood on her two feet even though she was shaky.

"Can you walk back to the car by yourself?" Madison asked.

"Yeah I can," Tabitha insisted, "now go finish Matt and hurry out. This place is being freaking infested." Madison nodded and watched Tabitha attempt her first few steps, staggering a bit, until she regained a pace and hurried out of the corridor. Madison looked down disdainfully at Allison.

"Oh sweetheart, you have no idea what I have planned for you and your wretched family," she bid with a fierce glare before continuing onward, pushing past an exit door, welcomed by the bitter cold air.

Derek was not far behind, momentarily taken by the scene Madison left behind. Allison was out cold on the floor with blood smeared against her neck but he knew it wasn't fatal or even transferable. If anything, it would be like when Derek inflicted the same wound on Jackson, and he was plagued by visions. He pursed his lips. Certainly Madison wouldn't want to give that kind of insight to her enemy, would she?

To torment her, he didn't realize the answer was. To make her think she was one step ahead but in truth, she was three steps back and helpless.

He stayed too long and ran after Madison who had now disappeared into the night, blending into the darkness as she stalked a frantic matt who was trying to escape the scene like a coward. She stayed a few yards away, undetected, and silent as she hid in the shadows.

When she had him cornered in a rural area, she sprung. It was too late for him as he found himself face-first into the wet group of the mud, claws embedded in his neck just like she had with Allison.

"Please," he pleaded but his voice was smothered by the mud. "Please don't hurt me!"

"Like a coward, he pleads for his life like it's actually worth something." Madison commentated, lifting his head from the dirt. His body stiffened as he recognized the high octave of her feminine voice. He had assumed originally it was either Derek or Scott but not in his wildest dreams did he believe 'Aubrey' was capable of what had happened tonight. "Tell me again, who's the most dangerous adversary?" She taunted, lifting him up onto his feet and guiding him to the shallow pool of water nearby.

"You are," he admitted, frantic as he eyed the cool water. Her reflection was cold and deadly, shrouded by black except for her gleaming red eyes that petrified him to the core. He knew enough to know that those red eyes meant some kind of power, some kind of Alpha status and he was bewildered by it. "You are! You're better! Please, just let me go…"

"Explain to me why I should do that," she tightened the grip on his neck.

"I can help you, to achieve whatever you want to achieve," he offered, fighting back futilely.

"No thanks," Madison dejected. "I already have enough alliances. One is good, two is okay, and three is definitely not going to happen. Second, I don't take partners who have an agenda of their own. How would I know if you planned to screw me over or not? I don't trust you and nothing will ever change that, especially after you sent Jackson after me and ruin my car. That pretty much shredded any agreement we could've come to." Not that she ever considered one, she added to herself. "You know, things would've ended different if you would have heeded my warning and stayed out of my way."

Matt trembled. "Please…" was all he could voice. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Sorry doesn't fix anything," she yelled, all of her fury unleashed. "Sorry doesn't mean anything to me. No matter what your intentions were, good or bad, they still happened and words can't undo them." Just like Chris can't bring my parents back. She thought with hardened eyes, icier than ever.

Matt could hear her voice strain and he looked back, catching her angry glare. "I promise I won't do it again! I won't bother you ever again! Why can't you forget about it?" He tried to divert her.

Too late for him, she thought with a snarl. He read her face perfectly, knowing he didn't succeed but didn't register what she was willing to do until

"Because," she unleashed, shoving him into the water. He gasped for air, stunned by the coldness of the stream. "You almost ruined everything! Years of planning ruined because some little prick doesn't know the limits! You along with any other human out there! Because humans are incapable of understanding or respecting the natural order of things! They deem themselves as superior and assume they can make all the calls, eliminating the others who were here first! They cannot grip power responsibly. They do not understand it!" She sounded hysterical and passionate as she drove each word into his chest with a hard kick from her shoes. Matt cried out. "You will pay severely for your arrogance, I guarantee you that."

"Stop," he tried to protest but coughed abruptly as he choked on a mouthful of water.

"And where's your beloved lizard side-kick? I don't see him anywhere." Madison grinned as Matt looked around desperate. "That's what happens when you rely too much on someone to do your own bidding. When someone takes them out of the picture, you're as helpless as a baby. It's pathetic, really."

"I'll do anything!" Matt submitted as Madison pushed him deeper into the water. Panic overcame him.

"Your fate is already sealed," Madison announced, "unfortunately for you. You've seen my face and I have so much to lose already. I can't have a liability like you running around to sacrifice me to save your own ass."

"Please," he begged but Madison kneeled down and held his head under the water, watching his eyes widened in fright as water began to pool in his lungs. He kicked violently but she was undeterred, firm in her stance.

Suddenly he was relieved as air burned in his throat. It was a welcomed feeling as he gasped for more, struggling to keep his head above the water. His eyes caught a movement on the bay, a black shape, but when he blinked it was gone. He did was his instincts told him to do: Run.

He fumbled out of the water, drenched and cold, dragging himself onto the sand, too exhausted to get up. When he could finally move his head, he saw that black shape again but it was so much closer, barely a few feet away. He could see its front paws pace around him but it wasn't until he heard it growl so ferociously, snarling at him as it gave him a good display of the razor sharp teeth prepared to rip him to sheds.

He was frozen.

It was an awful sight, watching her wolf snarl at him. Her ears flattened on top of her head as her glowing red eyes pierced at him with pure hatred and anger. She took a step, crouching, preparing her first move.

"Aubrey?" Matt asked, wondering if they were the same individual. At one point he thought it was all a dream.

Madison leapt. Her paws landed on his chest, compressing it.

He shrieked blood curdling screams as she dug her canines into his flesh, shaking her canine head to tear it off.

She could've at least killed the poor fellow because she mutilated him, Peter thought from a distance as he watched over Madison and her progress.

Tabitha turned her head in disgusts, squeezing her eyes shut after she unintentionally witnessed an enormous spouting of blood near his head. Peter looked over at the new-acquainted Beta and frowned. Even she agreed it was a bit too much.

"Does she do this usually?" He dared to ask Tabitha. She shook her head.

"She's not normally this messy but two things happened that really screwed Matt. One, he hit her pride. She had to prove something to him and she did," and as if on cue, Matt let out another shrill scream. Tabitha jumped and leaned closer to the Acura for support. "Second, she's driving a point home to others that she isn't to be messed with."

Peter nodded understandingly. "The hunters…"

Outside, hiding under a bridge, the Kanima eyed the ravenous wolf as she gouged on the defenseless human, unable to move as Matt's spirit lifted, taking with him his control. Even if he was ordered to kill her, he was too weak to do anything. The poison had left him slow and aching, his heart still beating unevenly under his hardened but penetrated exterior shield of rock hard scales.

Madison eyed it wearily, growling at it to keep its distance, and it stayed put, continuing to watch as she mercilessly destroyed Matt's corpse with her lethal, natural weapons.

"You better get her out of here before she incriminates herself more," Peter directed at Tabitha who hesitantly walked toward the gruesome sight, staying in her human form to retain her conscious as it was obvious Madison lost hers when she shifted to her animal form.

The Argents received the message an hours later after Chris and Gerard scanned the area, driving further out where they came upon the gruesome sight. Chris shined his flashlight on the corpse to get a better look.

Chris turned his head and covered his mouth, unable to digest the scene. "My God… there's nothing left of his stomach."

Gerard wasn't deterred and examined the corpse. "Whoever it was really went at him."

The only thing distinguishable about the boy was his blood coated face. His eyes were still wide with fright and mouth slightly ajar, attempting to scream until the said-killer turned his or her attention from his intestines to his artery in his neck. That was the kill shot.

"You really pissed off an Alpha, didn't you," Gerard noted, eyeing the track marks he recognized at a wolf's.

"Do you think Derek did it?" Chris wondered, keeping his eyes at bay to retain his stomach contents.

Gerard shook his head. "Derek cannot shift to a full sized wolf."

Chris immediately thought of his experience where he had a pack surround him during one of his and Allison's training sessions.

"Do you think another Alpha is stalking us?" Chris thought back a few weeks in his head, recalling another set of wolves they had encountered in the forest. Tabitha, he remembered. She most likely knows something.

Gerard nodded. "A thorough one, too," Gerard explained. "The same one who broke into your office…"

"I don't understand how this could've happened. Why didn't he kill Allison? Why didn't he kill us?" Chris was frantic, confused, and anxious, not understanding what it wanted or what it was planning.

Gerard grinned. The Alpha was a lot like him. He understood his (assuming the Alpha was a he) thinking. "He's thorough and methodical. He wants to keep us in the dark, make us jump every time we hear a noise. He wants us to panic and break down."

"Why though? Why can't he just come at us? What does it want?"

"Those are questions I can't answer but don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of it. I think those claw marks on Allison may provide us an insight on who this Alpha might be. Obviously he wants to use her as a key. We'll take advantage of it, too."

Gerard turned his attention to the set of eyes watching them intently. "Go home Chris, to your daughter. She needs you." He told his son, withholding the knowledge that they had another visitor, eying the Kanima who hid in the bush.

Chris nodded and left, still disturbed by the scene.

"Jackson, is it?" He called out after Chris left. "Come here, there isn't anything to be afraid of." He pulled a glove off his hand and extended it, welcoming the creature out of hiding. "You can trust me."

In her room, alone in the dark, Allison screamed an almost identical cry as Matt as she awoke from the most gruesome nightmare she could imagine. Guts sprawled everywhere, Matt's cold blue eyes staring at her, a blood-curdling snarl that had her jumping. It was too feral…too wild…She sweated in her bed, clutching her sheets as a sense of security, looking around her room. She was paranoid and terrified of what was lurking in the dark after the night's experience.

After a minute of eyeing everything and making sure nothing was out of place, she felt her neck, tracing the outline of her claw marks.

"I am."

The cold voice of her mysterious attacker echoed in her head as she recalled her experience at the Police Station. It sent a shiver up her spine and made her fall into another series of tremors as she realized how strong this individual was. She let out a weak sob, realizing how weak and defenseless she really was. She couldn't stop her flow of tears. She rocked herself in a pitiful attempt to comfort herself.

In his home, Stiles lay in bed, tense and uncertain, as he realized the individual was most likely Madison but he couldn't understand why she would be there. What did she want? How did she disable the Kanima? He still didn't know where Jackson ran off to. All he knew was that he was injured and with the amount of blood left behind, he would most likely pass out somewhere.

Was Madison there to help them or pursue her own agenda? His conscience said to stick with the latter but he couldn't shake off the feeling that she knew more than they knew… She didn't hurt either Ms. McCall or Mr. Stilinski, in fact, she was sly enough to avoid them, but he wondered if she had anything to do with Matt's disappearance. He was torn between ideas, uncertain if Madison was either a good guy or bad guy? The question kept him up all night.

Madison sat silently on the couch, sipping warm hot chocolate Tabitha had made for her. Her hair was drenched from a short shower and she was warm in another set of clothes.

I don't remember any of it, Madison admitted to herself, on the verge of angry tears. I lost all of my control and I might've fucked everything up, she seethed. I could've exposed myself.

"On the scale from 1 to 10, how bad was it?" Madison asked Tabitha who sat beside her.

"Fifteen," Tabitha admitted, disheartened by her friend's grim expression. "You tore him up really badly, Mads. He's dead though, like you wanted, but there is no way they can count this as an animal attack with the severity of it, unless they believe a really angry mountain lion decided to tear him up like a scratching post for the hell of it and I know that's unlikely."

"So there is no way to cover it up," Madison gave up, relaxing into the couch.

"They'll categorize it as a murder but the chances of them nabbing any murderer is slim to none," Tabitha comforted Madison. "What happened out there, Maddy?"

Madison shook her head. "I let my instincts take over."

Tabitha shivered.