Status: Book 1 Complete! Second addition started!

Nothing Personal

The Final Death

"Sorry I'm late," Madison apologized as she walked behind Peter. Peter spun around, surprised and caught off guard as her sly figured stepped into the moonlight and out of the shadows. He hadn't even heard her. He retracted his defensive canines and fell back into a relaxed stance, stepping aside to make room for her. She immediately trained her eyes on the busted up Toyota –Chris must've traded it in for a replacement of his Tahoe (A pitiful trade she thought but it didn't matter to her anyways.) It was Chris who stood beside it that surprised her.

"What the hell did I miss?" Her mouth hung ajar as she tried to comprehend why Scott and Isaac where alongside him. What circumstances could've brought them together that they actually tolerated each other's company?

"Where's Derek?" One of them asked. In her state of shock, she couldn't catch who asked it but as if on cue, Peter and Madison snapped their heads towards the end of the ally where a blurred, feral figure on all fours charged at the trio of men.

"Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance," Peter snidely remarked, rolling his eyes.

Madison nodded her head in agreement, "one of the many qualities of a narcissist." She sighed lightly, glancing down at her tennis shoes.

"I'm here for Jackson," Chris assured, seeing Derek's hesitance, "not for you." The phrase stunned both Peter and Madison who exchanged weary looks. Her eyes were narrowed but bright, luminous under the moon's light. It was a new sight for Peter who couldn't recall seeing her eyes light up like that except in a different hue of red. They cut through the darkness, catching Derek's attention but as soon as the other turned their heads, she stepped back into the shadows, blending in with the night, becoming almost invisible to the human eye like the kind belonging to Chris.

"Somehow I don't find that very comforting," Derek dejected, eyeing the hunter with cold eyes. "Get him inside," Derek suddenly commanded, ignoring the itch of doubt on his shoulder, motioning to whatever was in the truck.

Madison looked to Peter. "Who's in the truck?"

"Don't you have the most superior sense of smell?" Peter challenged with a grin but it instantly dropped when he caught Madison's un-amused expression. He gulped. He forgot how critical the girl was. "Jackson," he answered curtly, satisfying her curiosity. "Jackson's in the backseat."

"How'd they get him to fit?" She asked. She could imagine he'd be thrashing around, destroying the seats and what so.

"I don't know," Peter answered honestly. "I don't know anything. All I know is that he's in a body bag."

"They killed him?" She asked incredulously. She was extremely doubtful and it was obvious in her saucer-sized eyes. As if they discovered a way to kill him, she ranted to herself, undermining their capabilities. Peter was aware of how condescending young Madison could be but didn't comment on her lack of faith in the young werewolves.

"Quite the opposite," he replied. "He's still alive Madison. They brought him here to kill him appropriately."

And as he spoke, Isaac and Scott struggled to drag a heavy body bag across the pavement. Madison watched it carefully, weary and uncertain of its contents. She didn't trust Jackson alive. She wanted him dead, preferably as soon as possible. If she was in Scott's shoes she would've plunged a venom-coated stake into his chest cavity and get it over with, not even bothering to hide the body. She grew more nervous by the second. As soon as the band of boys went inside the aged building, Peter motioned with a wagging finger to follow him as she slyly snuck in.

"I'm willing to kill my own son to get what I want," Gerard yelled, hurting Chris to the core. Chris cringed but diverted his focus to Allison who was still trapped in the slime coated claws of the Kanima. He was more concerned with Allison's safety as he knew Gerard would not spare her. Before he made a move, someone else stepped behind it.

Inside, Scott frantically searched around, forcing Madison to hide behind Peter's well hidden body so Scott wouldn't catch her prying figure. She had to give up her vantage view though and it irritated her as she focused solely on his voice for pointers to what was happening.

"Where are they?" Scott demanded. Madison stiffened. There was a silence.

Derek broke it. "Who," Derek asked harshly.

"Peter and Lydia," Scott demanded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Ah, so they were aware of Peter's revival but she was confused to why Lydia would be stuck in the middle of this. She wanted to ask Peter but Derek and Scott's current situation was more important to focus in on. "Okay, wait, hold a second," Scott suddenly began. It sounded urgent. Madison realized why when she heard someone zip the body bag. "You said you knew how to save him!"

"We're past that," Derek cut him off. So once again Derek had kept him out of the dark. Madison rolled her eyes. She felt compelled to give this Alpha some pointers. Obviously he's not mending the trust he had broken by more lies. It was a foolish decision on his part but she would keep her tongue between her teeth for now, as she continued to tune into the situation.

"Wha-what about," Scott frantically cried, stuttering as he tried to save his friend. Madison would've felt sympathetic if it wasn't for her biased view.

"Think about it Scott!" Derek cut him off again, angry and fierce. Madison grinned with devious blue eyes. Derek was in control now. He'd get this finished sooner than later, just like she liked. "Gerard controls him now! He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog! He set all of this in motion so Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful!"

Madison covered her mouth to muffle a gasp. This was news to her. She couldn't believe it and neither could Chris, as he objected Derek's statement.

"No," Chris gruffly denounced. "No, he wouldn't do that." Confusion laced his words, something Madison detected, as he tried to convince himself his father hadn't jumped off into the deep end of crazy. "If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid…and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

A sickly smell assaulted her nose, a new presence.

"Of course not," Gerard's sudden voice echoed, startling Madison who jumped out of her skin. Peter grabbed her hand to calm her but instead, her pulse raced and he could feel this as his finger hovered over her vein. "Anything that dangerous, that out of control, is better off dead."

She froze in her spot, feet firmly planted on the ground to keep balance as she felt her blood boil at the voice of her arch nemesis. He's the one who ordered Todd's hit –something she still refused to tell Tabitha (although Tabitha knew it was related to the Argents) and the one who exiled Lucille in France, his only other granddaughter.) He was a monster and a manipulator and it sickened her.

She heard Derek gasp and she smelt blood in the air and was compelled to turn around, stepping out from behind of Peter's protective shield and stared wide-eyed at Derek who was slowly being pushed off the floor by Jackson single-handedly, as his claws penetrated Derek's chest. She clenched her jaw as she felt this was it…Derek had lost his control for good and would pay heavily for it. Derek was flung to the other end of the building. She cringed at the thud of his body hitting the hard cement.

"Well done to the last, Scott," Gerard approached the young man. Madison stepped back, afraid of more blood to be spilt. "Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize you were also bringing Derek to me." He hoarsely taunted.

An arrow shot behind the aged man, startling both of them as Scott instinctively ducked –and just in time, too –as Isaac became the target. The surprised boy felt the sharp tip plunge through his shoulder as if it were butter. He stared at it dazed before the forced sent him collapsing onto the ground. Madison stiffened. Madison caught Allison peer through the corner, retreating like the coward she was, but Scott only caught a glimpse as he cried out her name in dense disbelief.

Scott put priorities first and gathered Isaac up to lead him to safety as Chris stayed put to shoot at Jackson who had rose. In the midst of the chaos and deafening gun shots and roars, Madison lost track of time, separating herself from the situation by darting to the back wall, feeling for an easy escape. Her eyes looked up towards the windows but she knew if she was to jump through it would catch the attention of others. It would not be considered an option, especially as she realized she would consider herself a coward for running away when she knew at some point someone had to kill Jackson and it came down to her. She urgently returned to Peter's side.

She was met by a surprising scene as Isaac had somehow recovered enough to phase to his Beta form, Scott taking control of the situation alongside Derek who had also recovered although she doubted he was in the fit condition.

"Don't go," Peter advised her. "Wait to see how things pan out." And she did. She stayed put, anxiously waiting with trembling feet, itching to leap ahead. Her eyes began to fade from a bright blue to a vivid red, not yet set on a single color as they shifted back and forth.

"They're doing it wrong," Madison urged, pleading to Peter to join in. It's not that he was stopping her. She just wanted to prove she was right to prove he had no control over her first. "They're attacking in sequence when they should maul it all together as once. That way he doesn't have time to refocus on a different target."

"Shh," Peter insisted, watching the scene with intent eyes, cringing whenever the Kanima tossed another werewolf aside.

"I need to help," she urged, watching how they were slowly weakening one-by-one. Then a new enemy slipped into the chaos Allison's blackened figure emerged from thin air and stabbed Isaac.

"That's it," Madison growled. "It's too much for them to handle. I'm going." The bitch is mine, she thought as her body trembled. She had meddled too far into this and I'm going to teach her a lesson. Peter watched helplessly as Madison shifted into her infamous form. The coarse fur of her neck stood up straight as white canines snapped at the air, ready to tear into flesh. Peter stepped aside as she leapt like a demon. All that was left of her was her black dress and tennis shoes.

He watched anxiously as the black wolf –snarling and growling –startled Allison. She dropped the knives in her hand in surprise. They clanged on the floor, sliding under cargo, impossible for her to reach. Madison literally jumped at the opportunity but missed, purposely Peter suspected as it forced Allison to duck and tumbled onto the cold, hard floor. She groaned as the force of the fall vibrated throughout her body.

Scott watched helplessly as Allison stumbled off of the ground, only to be pushed back down by the rough shove of Madison's blackened form. The wolf was murderous, teeth coated with saliva that dropped onto Allison's hoodie and hair. Allison whimpered, imagining its teeth closing in onto her neck. She did all she could do and wrapped her hands around the back of her neck and head.

Madison didn't see the Kanima come up behind her, sending her smaller form to the other wall. She whimpered but was not deterred by the creature hovering over Allison's weakened form. She watched intensely as the creature grabbed Allison by the back of the neck and suspended her in the air. Allison gasped for air, wide eyed as she looked for her Grandfather to help her out of the sticky situation she got herself into.

"Sorry sweetheart," Gerard said, wagging his fingers.

"What are you doing?" She cried out as she clawed at the Kanima's hold. Madison had by then receded back into the shadows where she rejoined Peter's side, shifting back and quickly slipping on her dress, not caring to adjust the belt at her waist. She forced her feet inside her boots but by then she had missed half of what was being passed between Gerard and Scott.

"He's dying," Isaac announced, unknowingly letting Madison back into the mainstream. She hid back into the shadows, watching them carefully, making sure to keep her Alpha nature at bay so her eyes wouldn't be seen. They remained at a dull, almost ghostly blue hue that was undetected.

"I am," Gerard admitted. "I have been for a while now. Unfortunately science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet but the supernatural does." He glared down at Derek who lay at his feet helplessly. Madison gulped.

"You monster," Chris practically growled with Gerard forced the Kanima to tighten its grip, making it difficult for Allison to breath. Her breath was labored.

"Not yet," Gerard retorted with a grin, shamelessly.

"What are you doing?" Allison begged. Madison rolled her eyes at the nativity of this child but felt that it was time for her to step in for some reason. She didn't know why. She tried to fight the feelings but something to compelling her to intervene before Allison was slaughtered by her own Grandfather.

"You'll kill her, too," Chris begged, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. It was this face that sent Madison back to her early years, to her own father. That was what was compelling her. Ironic how she wanted Chris to suffer but when someone else was already doing it perfectly, her heart felt like it about to burst. Chris's pleas reminded her too much of her own father's and she needed to stop it. Her vision burned but she kept her tears at bay. She would not appear weak. She needed to stop this, and if saving Allison temporarily did exactly that, she would have to bend a few rules from her book just to kill her own pain.

"When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son," Gerard yelled. Madison stopped dead in her tracks. This was a monster, she realized, a true, utter monster. He would give up his own family to save his own ass. She clenched her jaw as her eyes shifted once again the raging red they had once been.

"Let her go," Madison demanded in a low, threatening voice into the Kanima's ears, startling the creature. Suddenly it remembered the same voice caused the same intense pain that had weakened it for days. As if Allison was the same acid Madison had inflicted into his system, he dropped the girl as it sprung in the opposite direction. It's primal fear of the top predator, founded from it's painful memories Madison had tormented it with, had grown to a powerful weapon on her part as the thing was more scared of her than Gerard was in control of. Gerard stared at the blonde with confused and angry eyes, frantically wondering why the Kanima wasn't attacking her. "Jackson and I…share an understanding. I'm glad he can abide that." She finished with a sarcastic grin.

The Kanima squealed and cringed, shivering under her sadistic gaze. Gerard glared at Madison with hatred-filled eyes. Scott seemed to know what she was talking about and so did Derek as they recalled the moment in the Police Station where it thrashed and screamed in utter terror as its system felt like it was burning alive from the inside. It was that kind of trauma that tormented the creature.

Allison fell onto the floor and clung to her neck, rubbing it soothingly before she suddenly felt her arm lift at a sharp and painful angle. She cried out in pain as she was pulled onto her feet. Before she could look at the person lifting her up, she was pushed with a force that sent her stumbling to the ground at her father's feet. Chris immediately knelt down to pick his daughter up, using the same arm her previous lifter had used, and she cried out in pain at the soreness. Chris started to apologize profusely but Allison was more concerned with the person who had scared the Kanima and looked to Madison.

She gasped. She widened her dark eyes as if to see if it was true 'Aubrey' was behind it all. She knew there was something odd about her but she couldn't imagine to this magnitude. Aubrey always hated her, she remembered, and the sting of her arm and force of the shove that had her stumbling for balance only proved that. She couldn't fathom why she was here and what was her business? It wasn't until then she noticed the red residue in her eyes, the same kind of red Derek had possessed. She struggled for breath. 'Aubrey' was an Alpha? How?

What the hell is he doing? Madison thought frantically as she saw Scott hold Derek's head back. Her eyes narrowed at the scene. His jaw was open as Gerard's arm hovered over his canine teeth. She stepped back in disbelief as she anticipated the gruesome sight. Suddenly Gerard's scream assaulted her ears and she made no effort to cover him as she was paralyzed at the sight of the mighty hunter willing to become his prey if it meant living longer. She wasn't sure what was more surprising, his selfishness or his cunning?

No, it was the black blood dripping from his arm, she decided stunned her the most. She couldn't understand why he was bleeding black blood…unless the body was rejected the bite but it shouldn't be bleeding that profusely at that point.

Gerard's moment of vindication was cut short when he realized that the confused stares were not directed at him but his arm. He looked down and noticed the black liquid trailing down his flesh from his wounds.

"What the hell is that?" She and Gerard simultaneous asked but Gerard's voice was louder, frantic and angry.

"Everyone said Gerard had a plan," Scott said with sudden confidence that caught Madison's attention. "I did, too."

He went to explain how he filled mountain ash into Gerard's beloved capsules, thus making the bite a fatal one for the elderly man. The man stared at him with betrayed eyes, filled with rage and wide with surprise at the fact he was outwitted by a teenager.

Madison on the other hand was stunned and impressed by Scott's acting. He played the pawn so well in Gerard's game he didn't suspect Scott was tricking him. Because of this, Madison admired him with a gleaming smile. She never expected much from the naive kid but he proved her wrong. It was rare. She would've clapped at his wit if it wasn't such a grave time.

"Oh my God," she cried out as Gerard fell to the ground, any open socket in the body pouring out blood. Suddenly his mouth was forced open as a fountain of the blackened substance erupted out of his throat and all around him. She covered her mouth with her palm, with an expression matching Allison's, and stumbled back into the arms of Derek who tried to shield her from the scene but she refused to be turned around.

Gerard finally collapsed onto the floor. Allison screamed and clung to her father as the rest eyed each other with weary eyes, not sure what to come next. Madison stepped forward out of Derek's hands to examine the body of Gerard. She didn't get close to it though. She stared down at it hatefully.

"Some man you are," she scowled. Everyone tuned into her speech, startled and enticed at what this mysterious figure had to say, "You willing to trade in your family for immortality. You have no sense of morality or remorse and although people have titled me a monster for what I've come to do, I'm nothing compared to the deceitful bastard such yourself. This was never about avenging Kate, was it? She was just a pawn in your sick, twisted mind and it disgusts me how you take advantage of your family, first your daughter who you molded into the monster who was willing to kill my father for something as small as illegitimate bastard, then your granddaughter after you convinced her Derek was behind her mother's suicide, an unfair injustice and lie when you convinced Victoria she had to die when you planned to live with a gift that Derek, Peter, and I were given naturally, the same gift you condemned if it were anyone else. Hypocritical can't even begin to describe you."

"I could blame the girls," Madison continued with light eyes, "for being weak minded and pathetic for believing a man that was so obviously insane but why blame the town idiots when it the person who took advantage of was the one responsible for their crimes they committed. Someone that should've told them that this was wrong didn't, instead they told them otherwise. You failed as a teacher, abused the power given to them as a parent and for that, the girls aren't the blame but you, the bastard –the puppet master behind it all, ought to pay."

And he did, Madison realized. Kate was dead for being foolish. Gerard was dead for making her the monster she was. Her quest of revenge ended here, she guessed. The last of the bitter seeds had been plucked and crush. There was no one else to blame, no one else she could point fingers at. She tried to blame Chris again but as she stared into his face, she couldn't pinpoint a speck of evil in his eyes. He knew right-from-wrong and there was no denying it. Gerard didn't. Kate didn't. Chris did. If he had known the truth for the reason behind Kate's arson, he wouldn't have approved it and tried to stop it just like he did tonight. He was misinformed but not guilty.

Gerard gave one final chuckle as he stared up at Madison. "You should've died with your bastard of a father."

She wasn't hurt or wounded by his meek attack. She stared blankly at him. "But I didn't," she replied calmly, heck, she even dared to bare a grin, "I'm alive, unlike you." As she thought this, the heaviness that she didn't realize weighed her down seemed to evaporate in this air, leaving her light headed.

He spat on the ground, saliva mixing with blood as he glared up at her. "Kill her," he commanded Jackson who still coward in a corner. "Kill her! Kill everyone!"

Derek grabbed her elbow and guided her to the sidelines where Peter shoved her behind him as a suddenly blast shocked them. The Kanima stared blindly ahead as a pair of headlights barreled through the building, hitting the Kanima head on. Her superior vision allowed her to see Stiles and Lydia hyperventilating in the front seats, scared out of their minds obviously.

"Did I get him?" He asked Scott frantically, eyes shut tightly. Scott was too relieved to see that despite the Jeep momentarily knocking the Kanima off is feet, it wasn't disabled, and it proved it by leaping onto the hood of the car. The new pair stumbled out of the busted Jeep and into the protective circle of Scott and his new allies. Lydia confronted Jackson directly, frantically calling out his name. Madison stayed firm, assessing its weak points but was unable to move, cautious of the surroundings.

The thing was about to cut her throat, as Stiles lurched forwards only to be held back by Scott, when she held up a key. Madison eyed it strangely, wondering how such an inanimate item could hold such a dangerous creature back.

Panic ignited in her stomach as Jackson backed away, following a strange look in his eyes, and by simultaneous calling both she and Peter met Derek halfway as their claws dug into Jackson's abdomen. She felt her hand slip into warmth of his muscle like slim as blood coated her hand. She ignored the gasps of the bystanders around her, stunned by her appearance before retracting her hand, splattering the blood from her hand onto the concrete pillar behind her. The trio of Alphas shot each other weary looks as Jackson collapsed onto the floor for a second time. Lydia's shrill scream brought them back out of their trance as she ran past them to hold Jackson up as he coughed up blood.

Madison retreated back into the shadows, receiving puzzled looks from everyone else. Allison looked at her with prolonged gratitude as the realty had set in that Madison had indeed saved her from the Kanima's deathly grasp. The adoration didn't stay long though as Madison looked at her with concentrated resentment, leaving Allison confused and startled by Madison's sudden unexplained feelings.

Lydia continued to sob over Jackson, rocking his corpse back and forth.

"Aubrey," Scott thought out loud. "You're an Alpha? You're the Alpha?" He felt idiotic and stupid he hadn't figured it out sooner. All the hints and coincidences were there!

"Madison," Stiles corrected him. "Her name is Madison."

Madison nodded her head to approve both their statements.

"How," Scott stuttered.

"She earned it from her father," Chris answered for them with knowing eyes, startling the duo. Peter and Derek said nothing, already knowing the information. "Madison," he cried desperately but she didn't give him the time of day as she looked onward to where Jackson suddenly rose from the dead, startling everyone. Madison stepped back behind Derek who extended his arm in front of her, as if to dare anyone to get past his cover to get to her.

Jackson's eyes glowed a vibrant blue as he rose, a new set of claws extended from his fingers as a matching set of canines protruded from his jaw. Madison's jaw locked as she realized there was another werewolf on the scene. She rolled her eyes in disdain, something Peter caught.

Lydia's distress dissipated when she recognized Jackson was okay. She hugged him for dear life, a motion he reciprocated equally as he clung to the very woman who had brought him back. The only being that had his best interests at heart. The one that was willing to put herself in danger to prove he was still buried under his reptilian skin.

"Madison," Chris demanded again as everyone had settled down. Madison lifted her head from the sappy couple, glad for once to spare her eyes from the sickening romantic scene.

"I guess I owe you an apology," Madison took over, all business as usual. She all but growled it but Chris was undeterred as he understood how difficult it was for the orphan to utter the words for something she didn't believe in. Alphas were never good at swallowing their pride. "I'm sorry for blaming you when you didn't know what you were doing," she began harshly, avoiding his eyes. "You were just as confused as I am and in my haste for someone to blame, I targeted you when I didn't get my story straight. I almost destroyed your family," even when someone else was trying to do that already if she hadn't intervened. Ironic how her intervention saved them, she supposed. She would stay modest though and withheld that thought from being spoken. "It wasn't right and I can't express the amount of my sympathy and regret I feel for my actions. I don't plan for you to forgive me, as my intentions were heinous and vile, and there is no excuse for that, but I hope you take into account that we are even."

"No," Chris objected, raising his hands. Madison growled lowly, irritated at his reluctance. Why couldn't he accept her apology and get over with it? She didn't want him to take any further gratification out of her humiliation and pride. "We are not even. If anything, I owe you. I took away your parents, even under false accusations, and in return, you saved my daughter and for that, I'll be forever in your debt."

"Let's not take it to heart," Madison snarled with livid blue eyes. "What I did and what I had planned was not chivalrous. I only saved your daughter because I wanted to kill her myself, as I'm sure you know. Of course, plans have changed…just understand I'm not 'reformed' or on your side to say the least. I still detest you kind but understand I will not target you any longer. Let's leave it at that." She finished through clenched teeth before walking across the small gathering to Scott.

Chris understood she still held some lingering resentment for him not stopping Kate but he knew from the moment she had stepped in to save his daughter from Gerard (even if she refused to believe it herself) she realized she couldn't hold him responsible and therefore couldn't justify her thinking and meticulous planning on executing him. He nodded to himself, noting that they were –as she had said –"even." There was nothing left to be said and done.

Allison gaped at Madison's hostility and stepped back as Madison glared at her as she passed. Her eyes were cold and icy, frosting over with lack of remorse and sympathy towards her. Her scrutinizing stare tagged her as pathetic and weak, foolish and naïve, and her moment worth of patronizing left Allison in shambles as she felt her core shattered and confidence shaken.

"Thank you Scott," Madison said sincerely, staring at him with tender blue eyes that seemed foreign to him. She was vulnerable as moisture lined her deep Atlantic blue eyes. They were finally unveiled as the rage she once possessed had crumbled along with Gerard. All the anger she held onto seeped out of her through the form of warm tears that felt therapeutic in a way as she shed the grief that had weighed her down. "I really needed this…" She admitted as she stared at the spot Gerard once was.

With the damage inflicted to him internally, he was bound to die soon, and she didn't care if it was in a hospital or an ally way, so long as he was dead. He was the bitter seed that had molded Kate into the monster she was, as the phrase goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He was the indirect link that caused her pain and now that he and his fruit were dead, so was her anger.

It was finally over, she realized. It was over for a long time but now it's official. Dad and Mom have been avenged. The truth has set in heavily as she felt her floodgates spill over. Before she knew it, she was engulfed in an air crushing hug as she cried into a shoulder.

Derek watched from the floor as Scott embraced Madison tightly. Scott still possessed a baffled look, stunned by the revelation Madison was really Aubrey –or perhaps it was the other way around, however you say it, the fact was still the same.

Stiles had a different expression, an indifferent one, as Stiles suspected 'Aubrey' was behind it all. Her background had too many similarities to be just a coincidence. He didn't say anything though, not sure how to face it. Even in her moment of weakness, Stiles had enough fear and respect for Madison not to step forward.

Soon the heartless Alpha began to crumble in the loving arms of Scott as she sobbed loudly, unleashing all of the grief and sadness that had expired in her rock hard shell of an exterior. Scott rocked her in his arms and he buried his face into her hair.

"Shh," he cooed. "It's okay now. It's over."

Allison narrowed her eyes at Madison as her suspicion lingered above the surface. This was the girl who had tormented her with her voice night after night, send her night curdling visions of her killing Matt without remorse, and suddenly she crumbles into a mess? She didn't buy it but kept her mouth shut, weary of setting the vulnerable Alpha off.

She also felt a twinge of jealousy as Scott held Madison close, something he hadn't done to Allison in a long time. Why did Madison deserve it and not her? She had just lost her mother and grandfather –never minding the fact he almost killed her to fulfill his selfish desire to overcome Cancer but she was still upset over the unexpected betrayal and she needed to be comforted to but…she realized she did horrible things too and maybe she didn't deserve it as much as she wanted it. Madison wasn't much different though, she bitterly thought. Madison was a killer, too.

Days Passed…

Madison walked side-by-side with Derek as they approached the graffiti-littered house. She raised her head from the dry, crusty ground, ignoring the crunch of the leaves under her favorite pair of boot, as the cool breeze caressed her long, flowing hair. She was a sight to behold and at one point, she had captured Isaac's attention but she turned him down point blank. He mistook it as she wasn't interested in a "loser" like him. He wasn't aware Derek was subjected to the same coldness. He tried to joke at one point she was a commitment-phobic, one that earned the mighty Alpha a low blow in the abdomen from Madison's mightier fist.

"What's that?" Isaac asked as he traced the symbols painted outside the Hale house's rough and cracked exterior. Madison eyed it wearily, recognizing it from somewhere but unable to place where. Peter caught her deep eyes narrowing onto the image as she tried to dig into her memory but to no avail.

"You recognize it, don't you," Peter announced, catching Derek and Isaac's attention to Madison who paid them no attention. Instead she stared directly at Peter with hesitant eyes. "I'm not surprised. The symbol is practically embedded into your DNA."

"Huh," was Madison's only response. Derek gaped at both of them, surprised at the news but suddenly his expression turned dark at her registered what Peter was insinuating.

"The Alpha Pack," Peter explained. "Don't you remember them?"

Madison shook her head. Peter raised his eye brows, surprised. "Your father never told you? I'm very surprised. He kept his past quite a secret, didn't he?"

"What are you talking about?" Madison demanded angrily.

"How much do you know about your father, Madison?" Peter inquired.

"Not much," Madison admitted honestly. Peter stared at her with amused eyes. A grin played at his lips and she was growing more anxious by the minute. "I know he was family man and that he had an affair with Kate but that's just a speculation really…" She dragged on, playing with her fingers nervously, feeling the intense gaze of Derek. Unable to meet Derek's stare, she diverted her attention to Isaac whom she eyed with sharp eyes that sent the boy looking in the other direction.

Peter nodded. "It's really not my place to tell you but because your father isn't here, someone has to."

"Tell me what," she demanded.

"Sloane left another family to raise you," Peter began. He stood up and shoved his thumbs into his pockets. "But that's not all," he continued, enticing Derek's focus. "His family –your uncle, grandfather, aunt, etc., -all belong to a family, a very powerful one that can be traced back into the twelfth century. They weren't necessarily royalty but they had strong influences almost anywhere. Just mentioning their name sparked fear in any Lycan. Their power and influence was challenged by another group of werewolves who had rose from a similar but not equal background but were envious that they could not exceed the status the Volkov family possessed. They began a bitter feud, a battle over the rightful reign of territory and ultimately who had the most control. Your grandfather had abandoned his extended family back in Russia where the fighting was the most intense and moved here with his three children after his wife was murdered. Your father was the eldest and had moved as far as he could from the carnage to here where he settled down with your mother. His other siblings has moved back to Russia but by then the fighting had ended, when your ancestors had lost many of their own and Alpha Pack took over. Ever since then, there has been bitter blood between your family and the Alpha Pack. I'm surprised Sloane had never mentioned them before."

"No," Madison admitted meekly, stunned. This explained why he told her there were no living relatives left. She could never imagine this could be the reason why… "He just told me they died and he didn't have anyone left in Russia. How do you know all of this?" She demanded.

"Its basic legend," Peter explained, motioning to Derek who nodded alongside him in agreement. "Everyone has heard of the Volkov family, just like many have heard of Anastasia, the rumored survivor of the Czar family massacre. It's our personal tale, a werewolf version of the Hatfield's and McCoy's. That's one of the reasons I found you interesting, my dear, to actually meet one of the great granddaughters of Edik, one of the most feared patriarch of our history, who ruled with an iron fist!"

Madison had reminded him so much of Edik, the way she held no remorse or mercy for her victims, the way she honored military tactics and psychological control over her victims to the book. Edik would be proud. She got most of it from her father though. She resembled him in too many ways, it was almost frightening.

"You would have more of a connection to the Pack of Alphas than any of us!" Peter cried out. It made him wonder if they suddenly arose when she did. Did they follow her here? She was one of Edik's direct descendants and Sloane's only daughter…She was almost legendary! Have they come to see if it was true? Were they here to eliminate the last of the Volkov family blood line? She did carry some of the purest blood belonging to one of the oldest bloodlines to exist. She was something that either needed to be eliminated or taken, as she could be proved to be a very useful ally. That's why Peter held her close. She was too valuable of a connection to lose.

Derek on the other hand was doubtful and flabbergasted by the revelation. Here he thought was all a tale –a scary tale.

"Does that mean Aubrey –uh, I mean, Madison…" Isaac corrected, still not able to fall out of the habit of calling her by her alias. "Is she like royalty or something?" Isaac put out there. Peter grinned. He pulled Madison close to him, entrapping her in an awkward hug.

"I wouldn't put it exactly like that but I guess you could put her in a similar spot light." He tossed a lazy arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer.

Madison raised an eyebrow at the news, suspicious, squirming out of Peter's hold to separate herself. Once free from his hold, she stepped to a tree that she immediately leaned against to ponder the revelation. She was still hesitant and doubtful about it all, as it slowly sunk in. Curiosity ate her from the inside as she was dying to know more about her family history.

A blackened figure from woods watched from a great distance but it seemed to overhear everything and it paced nervously. Its ears flattened against its head as it whined lowly, anxious and nervous. It pawed at the ground incessantly, leaving behind a deep hole. Its fur was ruffled and dry like a wild wolfs as it turned to take its leave. It bid Madison one last look before fading into the air like mist, rattling the leaves around it as the orange hued leaves were lifted by a sudden gust of air. They spiraled around in a beautiful flurry before falling back onto the ground, covering the wolf's ghostly tracks.

"So Luca followed the Alphas to here," Harrison concluded on his porch, receiving the same set of images and memories the wolf had seen. Harrison bowed his head, dismayed and worried. "This is getting worse by second. It seems like history will be rewritten and another generation will be plagued…Uglich has followed us back to the States." He sighed heavily. "I guess it's time for my assistance, dear friend." He gathered his blanket off of his body and staggered up from his swing bench, holding onto the chain railing for support.

"Talking to the spirits again, Mr. Schmidt," Dr. Deaton taunted in a friendly manor as he emerged from the side yard, a younger woman dressed in black in tow. She and the older African American shared an uncanny similarity, assuming them to be a father-daughter pair. Harrison didn't have to assume though as he already knew them and was anticipating their arrival.

Dr. Deaton's daughter waited behind him, eyeing the old man wearily.

Harrison smiled at him.

"Who is this," his daughter asked.

"This is the prophet I was telling you about," Dr. Deaton told. "He's the one who can help us."

On the field, Stiles was growing frustrated by Scott who constantly intercepted his throws and tosses.

"Come on dude," Stiles cried out, throwing his stick to the ground. "Drop the werewolf powers and be fair for once! Just let me get one shot in, please?"

Light laughter interrupted his rant and he spun around to see who Scott was staring at. Emerging from her glossy SUV parked next to Stiles's beaten Jeep, Tabitha walked swiftly across the field, dressed snuggly in dark washed jeans and a zip-up fleece that curved around her feminine figure. Her hair was battered by the wind, constantly being lifted off of her shoulders to be whipped around. Mid-field, agitated by the constant strands hitting her face, she pulled it back into a messy bun. A large lab wobbled behind her, focused intently on the tennis ball in her hand. She tossed the ball in the air to taunt the dopey dog who fell for it and leapt in the air to catch it, not knowing Tabitha had caught it herself.

"Oh Clove," Tabitha taunted with a grin, "you are just adorable." She cooed it with a baby voice. The dog perked her ears and let her tongue hang out from her jaw. Tabitha laughed again. "Here, this time I mean it, fetch!" She raised her arm and threw the ball across the field, letting it rolled to Stiles's feet. The dog barreled into him, sending him sprawling on the ground as the dog grabbed the ball with her mouth and rushed it back to her owner.

Scott laughed hysterically as Stiles stared up at the sky, dazed and confused at the sudden trauma of being ran over by a ninety pound lab.

"Sorry about that honey," she apologized with a smile when she reached Stiles. She hovered over him before extending her hand and pulled him up effortlessly. He stumbled a little bit, woozy and light headed from the fall but eventually regained balance, hanging onto Tabitha for support. He didn't notice he was smiling down at the brunette who looked charming as usual in her casual attire. "Hey Scott," she acknowledged his best friend who was still recovering from his laugh attack.

"Hi Tabi," Scott stuttered as he regained his breath.

"Hey Tabs," Stiles began, "can you do me a favor? Can you take Scott's place? He's being a cheater." He complained. Tabitha laughed again. Her cheeks brightened in color as her richly green eyes almost glowed under the cloudy cover of the day. Stiles didn't realize it but his face softened at the sight of her. He was mesmerized by her. She blushed under his gaze and hid her face.

"I'm afraid I won't be much help," she apologized lightly. "Even as a human, I'd probably still whip your scrawny ass." She stuck her tongue out and slapped Stiles on the shoulder. He gasped and mocked a hurt expression.

"You wound me!" He exaggerated, going so far as to faint on the grass. To his rescue, Clover leapt forward and nudged him playfully. He reached out to rub the dog on her head as she licked his face. "Ah! Ick! Come on, quick it!" He begged, pushing Clover's face away but she was relentless. "Oh gross! Seriously, stop it! Ah!"

Tabitha knelt down and pulled Clover away by grabbing her bright purple collar and pulling her to the side before commanding her to sit. The dog did so obediently.

"I can't believe you set your dog on me," he teased with a grin as he wiped the saliva off his face with sleeve.

She chuckled. "She could've done worse." She knelt down to his level as he propped himself up on his elbows.

Their eyes met and he suddenly fell in trance with the vivid greenness of her pupils. Without thinking, he reached a hand out to cup her face as he trailed a finger down her cheek. She didn't fight back to smile pulling at her lips.

"Hey love birds," Scott meant as a joke, "snap out of it. We got practice to do!"

They departed while Tabitha settled down on the bleachers watching them intently until she decided a little humor was healthy. She sent Clover to chase after the Lacrosse ball, like the frog in middle game she used to play, and began to laugh as the poor dog almost knocked out Scott trying to get the ball from his net.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last segment of BOOK 1 of my series -something I didn't think I would finish but I did! I am amazed! I am currently writing the sequel -a plot totally separate from what possible outcomes the Teen Wolf writers could be thinking of -and focuses more on Madison than anything. I will post that as soon as I clean up this series. What were your thoughts? What did you thinking about Madison's development as a character and person? -Love, Cassidy.