We Were Just Kids In Love

Just You And Me

A few days later, I was at school. I found out on the first night Garrett and I talked that we actually went to the same school. I saw him occasionally. Either bumping into him in the hallways or the cafeteria. We would talk for a while but that was it.

I was at my locker when someone poked my sides which caused me to jump. I turned around and saw Garrett standing there, grinning at me.

I glared at him "Jesus, Garrett, you scared me. Don't do that again."

"Sorry" he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little. "So what brings you to my office, Mr. Nickelsen?"

He cleared his throat and looked down rubbing the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for some pizza later after school." He looked up at me

I smiled. "I'd love to."

"Great! I'll see you in the parking lot later then." He grinned and waved goodbye and walked to his next class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stepped out of the doors that led to the school parking lot, I looked around and spotted Garrett leaning against a small, yellow car. He looked at me and waved. I waved back and made my way to him.

"Hey!" I said as I reached him

"Hey, you ready?" He smiled.

I said yes and we both got in his car. We arrived at our destination and ordered. We ate and talked about things and laughed there for what seemed like hours.

When we finally finished, we went out to go to his car but it started raining when we stepped outside.

"Great" I said sarcastically.

"Come on!" He said pulling me into the parking lot.

"Garrett we're gonna get sick! What are you doing?"

He let go of my hand and laughed. "Come on, Sam. Live a little"
He was standing there in the pouring rain looking at me expectantly.

I thought to myself "fuck it" and joined him in the rain. We started playing around and laughing and just enjoyed the rain like we didn't have a care in the world.

I almost slipped and I tried to grab onto the first thing I could. It ended up grasping back. I looked at Garrett. He was looking down at me. We just stayed like that and held each other's gaze.

Just like that time in his house I felt his breath on my lips. He slowly leaned in. As I felt his lips on mine, gentle and soft, I felt butterflies in my stomach. We were standing in the rain, kissing. He pulled away smiling. I was smiling too. It felt so cliche but it also felt good.

We both started saying something at the same time which caused us both to laugh.

"You go first." I said

"That was fun" He said smiling.

"Yeah. It was. We should do this more often"

"The pizza or the kissing?"

I laughed "both"

He leaned in again and kissed me. This time a little harder. I kissed him back.

I pulled away first out of breath and ran to his car holding his hand and pulling him with me, laughing.

"We should probably go" I said before I kissed him one last time and then gently pushed him away so he could go to the other side of the car and get in.

The car ride to my house was silent but it wasn't awkward. I thanked him and went inside.

That moment when he kissed me felt so perfect. Almost like we were in a movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know. That was so cliche but I couldn't help it ok. Okay bye