Endless Secrets

preview

“Why are we here again?” Henry groans, turning his head to look at me.

He never wanted to come here. When I said we’d be leaving England, he’d been excited – he always hated the cold, dismal weather the country was known for. Once he learned we would be moving to Washington, which was just as bad – if not worse – he’d been fairly upset. He would get over it eventually; we had already lived in England for seventy years anyway.

“Stop complaining. It’ll just be liked nothing changed…except culture and accents, I suppose.” I replied, keeping my hands on the steering wheel.

- - -

It had been two days since we moved in. Henry and I had spent those days stocking up the house on food – despite being only two people, we ate more food than a family of four. We had also gone shopping for clothes and other necessities, as we had not brought much with us. The rest of the time was spent adjusting to the eight-hour time difference. It was hard to get anything done when I wanted to go to bed before four in the afternoon.

“We should go meet him.” I told Henry one afternoon while we sat in the living room.

“Meet who?”

I groaned. “Don’t make this hard on me, Henry. I told you about him on the plane – Sam Uley, the leader of the pack who lives in La Push.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...explanation required, yeah?

I wasn't going anywhere with this story. I hated the main character because she evolved into something I didn't want. So I decided, after two months, to rewrite the story. It's new name is Vie For A Lie. I do hope you'll check it out! Yeah, there'll be some things that are more or less the same, but a lot is quite different. For example, there is no Marisol (though she was going to die in this story anyway, haha) and Silvia's name is now Arianne.

xx